Youtube to end monetization on channels with less than 1,000 subs

Soldato
I'd be surprised if there was any shortage of advertisers - I can understand though I don't necessarily agree with that some brands are sensitive about certain material and don't want their name connected with the overall content of YouTube but pandering to that and curtailing what content is on YouTube and can be monitised is not a good thing ultimately and any brand in this day and age should want to be on there as the exposure is huge.

Measures might need to be taken due to some recent events but not in this way - its just disadvantaging potential new talent and people doing interesting things that have yet to reach out to a wider audience.

Well said, google are shooting down content producers they're letting a few sensitive advertisers dictate terms about the whole platform rather than letting them choose the content they want and opening up to other advertising sources.

The fact that some channels are surviving now based on self promotion shows that there are advertisers out there to support that content, and the wholly patreon funded channels are proving that the people want the content.

I cant imagine there is much content out there that absolutely nobody wants to advertise on.

Its a shame really, as its a really effective platform, i dont know how they can make money because the amount of ads i get doesnt look like it'd fund all the content i watch but i aint complaining (well, i'm not complaining about the lack of advertising, although it'd be nice if they could stick to just the beginning/end of content rather than randomly mid video)

Soldato
Anyone in the 900's who wants to post your youtube link on my profile and I'll subscribe with a dozen or so youtube channels. Unfortunately I'm in 400's but then I post once in a blue moon so figures

Great quality on these videos, I should have been watching anyway. Unusual looking car :p

Man of Honour
OP
Anyone in the 900's who wants to post your youtube link on my profile and I'll subscribe with a dozen or so youtube channels. Unfortunately I'm in 400's but then I post once in a blue moon so figures

i put mine on there if you havnt already subbed, cheers dude :D

Back
Top Bottom