Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
I feel this thread needs a screenshot!

Lovely that.

I've put some up in the screenshot thread. I could take hundreds and hundreds of this game world, it sure is a stunner. No idea how people can just call this graphically ok lmao...i think a little butthurt or something, must be because I fail to see how getting this much detail in a 17km square mile open world is anything but astonishing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sigh another game Nexus doesn't like and a thread to boot where he spams constantly about his displeasure even though he only played it for 30 mins. It's like BF1 all over again give him another 6 months and he'll pour 200+ hours into it. Same old **** different thread.

Is that another pair of rustled jimmies I see? :D

PC gamers sure are touchy these days :p :D

And nope, definitely won't be playing the game again, as said above, not my game in the slightest where as bf 1 was i.e. FPS, MP massively appeals to me and once again, the only reason I posted was to have a bit of fun with Tony. It's not my problem if people get offended because their game gets some criticism and they feel the need to defend it like it is a member of their family....

Remember chaps, it's just a "game" and an internet forum where people are allowed to post these things called "opinions"......

But alas, enjoy the game, don't let me ruin it for you and you better get back to your pot anyway, I wouldn't want your potion/food or whatever to be overdone!

Soldato
Saw this on Steam this morning but didn't have that much time before going to work. The devs explaning a bit about Patch Clatification and NEW Patch Notes. Putting it in a spoiler incase someone want to read it and hasn't. :p

Also seems that there is a new hotfix coming anytime now, Version 1.2.5.

19 FEBRUARY - RICK5292
Hello Guys,

There clearly seems to be some confusion about various patch versions, for which we are very sorry, so let us explain it a little bit.

The Process

When we finish any patch we can’t just upload it and send it to you immediately. There is a certification phase in which platform holders check whether the patch is stable. This process takes various amounts of time on different platforms. This is the reason why the patches are released at different times.

However, they check not only stability but also platform-specific requirements, for example, whether the controllers are named correctly, whether you can change user mid-gameplay etc. If we fail any of these platform-specific requirements, we have to upload a correction just for that specific platform. This is the reason why we are releasing a different number of patches on each platform.

Patch Numbers

We don’t have any control of patch version numbers that you see when downloading. These are numbers assigned by platform holder and they could vary in different regions, languages etc. So if you want to be sure which version you have installed, launch the game and in the main menu check the bottom left corner. That’s the right patch version.

The patches

Apart from the micro-corrections for specific platforms, these are the patches released:

Gold master – Version 1.0 This was printed on DVDs. You could only have played it on consoles if you rejected all the patches. We strongly advise against that

Day 1 patch – Version 1.1

This was available on all platforms on Day 1. This is also the version the game was reviewed on (unless the reviewer declined the patch, which, sadly, some did…) These are the release notes:
  • Addition of multiple new events to the open world
  • Massive improvement in dialogue animations
  • Gaining money and experience is rebalanced
  • Weapon and armor stats are rebalanced
  • General combat improvements Improved NPC reaction time
  • Sound propagation adjusted
  • Archery is now possible in stealth mode Improved
  • Persuasion UI
  • Plus numerous other bug fixes and improvements

Week 1 patch – Version 1.2

We actually managed to squeeze this patch into Steam on Day 1, which caused major confusion on other platforms as to whether they actually received the Day 1 patch or not. This patch was later released on PlayStation on 15.2. and should pass certification on Xbox very soon. These are the release notes:
  • Stealth and Stealth kills adjustment
  • People now get dirty more gradually
  • Additional quest bugs fixed
  • Various optimizations

Hotfix – Version 1.2.5 (upcoming)

We already fixed some of the worst bugs and want to give these fixes to the community as fast as possible. Therefore we will push this to certification on Monday 2/19
  • Fix for R2 button being non-responsive in combat
  • Fix for issues in quests with Hans Capon
  • Fix for quest Ginger in a Pickle

Patch 1.3 - (upcoming)

This is the patch we are currently working on. It hasn’t been released on any platform yet. It’s mainly focused on bug-fixing as we are studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible. But apart from these fixes, we are working on the following features: (Which is not guaranteed for delivery in this patch )
  • Save and Exit functionality
  • Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
  • Pickpocket minigame improvement
  • Alchemy recipe for respec potion
  • Many quest-related bug fixes

We truly want to thank you guys for being the best part of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Stay tuned and as always, keep it medieval!!!

Soldato
I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning if something as simple as reading your posts on a forum rustled my jimmies and some days I don't need much of an excuse not too. It just fascinates me how you spread the hate in threads of games you have no interest in.

But alas I'm enjoying and hating this game, I've probably put 20 hours into it so far, 6 of which probably redoing missions due to various bugs, something keeps pulling me back in though. Fills the gap till Farcry I guess :(

Associate
yes definitely, makes some incredible scenes.

Just been trying it some more & have to agree. I don't think I'll leave it on all the time though as it doesn't seem to always play nicely - I was on a hill & everything below was shrouded in fog but the stream was still clearly visible as a black line.

Mind you I've just gone up the hill on the other side & the stream still sticks out even with fog off:p

Soldato
Really enjoying this game, I'm using the unlimited saves mod, but I seem to be having a problem where sometimes saving (and loading that save) is also removing all of the gold on my character. No idea what causes it, seems fairly random.

Other than that I think its great so far, this bug is killing my want of playing it though as I often had to lose lots of time to rollback to an earlier save when I actually had money!

Soldato
Ok, so found a nice little stash and thought I share it with you guys, incase anyone not found it and want the stuff inside. :p But, I'm putting it all in spoiler incase you want to find it on your own. Considering where it is though, wont surprise me you all already picked it up ! :p

Here is the location as to where the stuff is. Basically if you are at the horse stables go out from there and take a right towards the edge of the map, is a camp to the left where it is. Now, as you can see on the pictures it says Steal, but they must have forgotten to mark it because when I took it all it was without the Red Hand showing it been stolen. So might be updated in a patch one day.

qg3Fg84.jpg

Shiled outside resting against the unlocked chest.
J9syPKq.jpg

Weapons
woSXI2X.jpg

Armour
2TzyFIF.jpg

Just the armour from the chest equiped, well, part from your "girlfriends" ring that is. :p
4mFKTxB.jpg

Only showing the stats on one of the weapons, the Longsword. But the others just as good, but with lesser stats although not that much.
JW4e6Hy.jpg

Soldato
Ok, so found a nice little stash and thought I share it with you guys, incase anyone not found it and want the stuff inside. :p But, I'm putting it all in spoiler incase you want to find it on your own. Considering where it is though, wont surprise me you all already picked it up ! :p

Here is the location as to where the stuff is. Basically if you are at the horse stables go out from there and take a right towards the edge of the map, is a camp to the left where it is. Now, as you can see on the pictures it says Steal, but they must have forgotten to mark it because when I took it all it was without the Red Hand showing it been stolen. So might be updated in a patch one day.

qg3Fg84.jpg

J9syPKq.jpg

Weapons
woSXI2X.jpg

Armour
2TzyFIF.jpg

Just the armour from the chest equiped, well, part from your "girlfriends" ring that is. :p
4mFKTxB.jpg

Only showing the stats on one of the weapons, the Longsword. But the others just as good, but with lesser stats although not that much.
JW4e6Hy.jpg

Tidy find that. Thanks for sharing.

Soldato
This has to be the most immersive gaming experience I've ever had. Graphically stunning with jaw-droopingly realistic landscapes that are beautifully crafted.

Sure, there are glitches and a few bugs that I hope they iron out, but zero crashes in 30 hours for me.

I can't explain exactly what it is, but this game is riveting.

Perhaps it's the quality and detail of everything, even the side quests. It doesn't feel copy+paste like Witcher 3. In fact I got bored of Witcher before this point, partly due to the 'console generation' rolling around the floor, button-mash-combat nonsense.

Caporegime
There's a couple of things I wish were a bit more fully realised. The romance it's like they started and then just gave up. I slept with Theresa after some fun courtship quests and now she won't even talk to me and it just seems to end there. Bit of a missed opportunity really. It screams of Witcher 1 where the romance was just a list of achievements rather than anything creative.

Combat needs tweaking as well, melee is far too hard and bow is far too OP. I spent about 40 mins trying to fight the 'boss' guy with a sword as he perfectly countered my every swing, no matter what I did. Then I gave up and killed him with one arrow to the face from a metre away as I desperately backpedaled around the room. Rather silly.

Non spoiler changes that are needed. Need to be able to filter the armour inventory by slot, it's a huge cluster**** having all the different armour types in one huge list.

Soldato

qg3Fg84.jpg

J9syPKq.jpg

Weapons
woSXI2X.jpg

Armour
2TzyFIF.jpg

4mFKTxB.jpg

JW4e6Hy.jpg

thanks i will take a look :D

I encountered a bug with archery contests. One of my opponents refuses to fire any arrows...and of course if anyone moves off the line then they are disqualified immediately....the canny devil!

I hope in a future patch they add way more creatures and encounters. At the moment there is only bugs bunny and bambi... no wolves or bears in bohemia in the dark ages? The woods are really creepy...imagine wandering around in the dark only to hear wolf howls around you...and no liam neeson to help :D

Also wagon merchants, couriers, small patrols on the roads would be nice.

btw i learnt to read before the guy was gutted in the murder quest so i could read the words JUDAS... if i had not learned to read do you get any information from examining it?

Soldato
I encountered a bug with archery contests. One of my opponents refuses to fire any arrows...and of course if anyone moves off the line then they are disqualified immediately....the canny devil!
This is a constant problem in one of the towns...I think Uzhitz. The most unfortunate thing about it is that it's only the female opponents who don't shoot...if they're all male they do! If you get to one of the army camps or the river log arrow shoot, you will have all-engaging opponents.

Soldato
There's a couple of things I wish were a bit more fully realised. The romance it's like they started and then just gave up. I slept with Theresa after some fun courtship quests and now she won't even talk to me and it just seems to end there. Bit of a missed opportunity really. It screams of Witcher 1 where the romance was just a list of achievements rather than anything creative.

Combat needs tweaking as well, melee is far too hard and bow is far too OP. I spent about 40 mins trying to fight the 'boss' guy with a sword as he perfectly countered my every swing, no matter what I did. Then I gave up and killed him with one arrow to the face from a metre away as I desperately backpedaled around the room. Rather silly.

Non spoiler changes that are needed. Need to be able to filter the armour inventory by slot, it's a huge cluster**** having all the different armour types in one huge list.

RE the romance gripe, isn't that just like RL? :D

Back
Top Bottom