Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
And then what, it fades to black and you can then go about playing in the world as before? Or is that the end and you have to restart/go to a past save to carry on in the world? If the former, that's bloody odd and pretty crap as how would you just leave a siege and carry on as normal!

Exactly, sounds utterly perplexing. What Warhorse has done with this game is fantastic, so I don't want others to think I'm trying to knock it in multiple ways. I don't think anyone can argue there isn't enough transparency here. At least not for people who are buying into the retail version.

Soldato
I played a bit yesterday. It's good in places, but hardly gripping stuff in terms of plot and quests tbh.

Main character is very disappointing. I already knew the character was premade, but then I started reading comments and articles calling it a 'True RPG' etc, and got my hopes up! This Henry guy has conversations with people without any input from me at all...Trying to play as a badass, then a cutscene plays and he starts crying! Really takes you out of it.

I'll continue playing it, but if something more interesting crops up, I won't necessarily feel I've missed out.

Also, a shout out to the fact that there is an aiming reticule in the game at all times...except when you need to aim at something! Then they remove it!

Soldato
Just stumbled upon this game. It's mentioned fairly often in Skyrim groups. I still really like skyrim, but I do fancy a game with better visuals and more fluid combat. Is this KC:D like FarCry 2 onwards? In other words, does it promise the World and deliver crappy, repetitive rubbish?

Is it still buggy and hardware demanding? After being so disappointed with Mass Effect Andromeda, I'm actually nervous of buying anything new anymore. I seem to stick with FalconBMS, Skyrim, and Mass Effect OT almost exclusively.

Soldato
Release Notes for version 1.2.5
20 February - martin.klima
This is hotfix patch for the following issues:

• Fix for R2 button being non-responsive in combat
  • Fix for issues in quests with Hans Capon
  • Fix for quest Ginger in a Pickle

The version displayed in Main menu is 1.2.5

This patch is compatible with all current mods (in as much as these mods are compatible with our game).

Associate
I played a bit yesterday. It's good in places, but hardly gripping stuff in terms of plot and quests tbh.

Main character is very disappointing. I already knew the character was premade, but then I started reading comments and articles calling it a 'True RPG' etc, and got my hopes up! This Henry guy has conversations with people without any input from me at all...Trying to play as a badass, then a cutscene plays and he starts crying! Really takes you out of it.

I'll continue playing it, but if something more interesting crops up, I won't necessarily feel I've missed out.

Also, a shout out to the fact that there is an aiming reticule in the game at all times...except when you need to aim at something! Then they remove it!

I was wondering when you might drop by with your view on this :) Near 1000 posts in an RPG-related thread and not one from you - I was beginning to worry :p

Soldato
I know Q is block but I just cannot master it. Using an axe as my primary until I have 10 stamina for a better sword. Do I spam Q or time it to a tee?

How far into the game are you? You may need to get further in...

EDIT: Sorry for some reason I couldn't see the replies after this post of yours at first. I see someone else had already answered for you. Rattay and training is the answer :)

Soldato
Do you have a health bar?
Does it have 'magic' potions or food that can instantly heal damage? Hopefully it doesn't have a don't take damage for a few seconds to heal up mechanic!
What is the combat like (at work so can't watch videos)? Can you take more of a beating than Luke Cage or is it almost 1-hit kills? How quickly do you recover from damage? (It sounds quite brutal)

Historically accurate could make it very challenging!

A few differences since I saw it and have been playing it.
You have a health bar. So do the enemy. You can't heal during battle or use inventory items, you can only switch equipped weapons (so either sword or bow, not 4 different swords, an axe, a plethora of maces at...).
Armour is effective but only to a point. Combat has to be learned so you will suck at the start which will make you cautious. You can of course surrender. I've only fought about 10 bandits and they have all surrendered so far (then I stuck 'em with the pointy end).
You heal by sleeping, if bleeding then you should use bandages (or die slowly).

I'd say that the combat is very good compared to other games, close to Mount and Blade.
The world is amazing and sets a benchmark at the very least. I spent 6 hours (real time) just hunting rabbits (mostly retrieving my arrows).

Soldato
Huh...im 60 hours game time all from doing side quests, mini games and exploring each town picking up things to do from inn keepers, ive not even spoken to the baliff in rattay yet after speaking with sir ridzig

I've got eight on at the moment, and I can still see stars across the map where there are more to be found.

Remember, only three side quests can be shown at once. You need to go into your inventory list thing and choose which ones are showing.

Ahh yes i forgot about that 3 shown at once thing haha :o What 8 sidequests you got? (spoilers if others dont want to see)

Soldato
Ahh yes i forgot about that 3 shown at once thing haha :o What 8 sidequests you got? (spoilers if others dont want to see)
Hmmm off the top of my head (as if I start it I won't come off!):
Three for the monastery's sick (potion, herbs and meat), one involving weeding for the friar, and I think another there for trying to get better conditions for the ill folk?
Bandit camp hunting for one of the towns (done the ones for the main city already)
Blacksmith rhyme check and report back
Meat for an inn keeper
Theresa walk
Interview a stable boy about a lost horse
Go fight three blokes for some kind of championship

The first one may count as a main quest? Not sure, but I've been ignoring it as it's pretty tedious. If so, that's six side quests on the go, having done quite a few other ones already.

Soldato
OP
I did wonder if you were overexaggerating, but having read it... nope! Another non-binary type zealot spews their garbage all over the media.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-20-kingdom-come-deliverance-review

What pains me about it is that it is written by Robert Purchese, who has for a long time been my favourite EG.net writer, his features about CD Projekt, Bohemia and so on are fantastic.
To see him become another one of those agenda-driven crazies is sad.

Soldato
To see him become another one of those agenda-driven crazies is sad.

It is a sad state of affairs alright. Nobody is allowed to to tell the story they want to anymore.

The first line of the last paragraph of the review is just ridiculous - "All of which means that a shadow lingers over Kingdom Come: Deliverance"...No, it really doesn't!

Last edited:
Soldato
Almost as bad as the dross written in the metro a few days back. Can't these "experts" just focus on the game rather than waving their SJW flags in everyone's faces? Pathetic

Back
Top Bottom