Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
It might be P0171, me and other civic owners I know get that from time to time. When did the engine light come on? Whilst stationary or driving?

Funnily enough, I had this come on this morning, code read and cleared. Fingers crossed it's not the CAT. Other code was coolant temp. high, however the engine temp. was normal.

The joys of car ownership!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Funnily enough, I had this come on this morning, code read and cleared. Fingers crossed it's not the CAT. Other code was coolant temp. high, however the engine temp. was normal.

The joys of car ownership!
Yep... I had a crankshaft sensor on mine gone bad, but managed to get OEM one for 20 quid, so can't complain. :)

Can't remember the code that showed though, I'm sure I got the code saved somewhere.

Man of Honour
OP
Sounds like an O2 sensor, pretty common to go around 60-100k miles on Honda petrols. Don't be tempted with cheap replacements, some last days, weeks and if you're lucky you'll get a few years out of them. Genuine Honda ones last the longest.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Sounds like an O2 sensor, pretty common to go around 60-100k miles on Honda petrols. Don't be tempted with cheap replacements, some last days, weeks and if you're lucky you'll get a few years out of them. Genuine Honda ones last the longest.
This! We tried 3 different sensors on my Honda, she wouldn't fire up with any of them. Got an OEM one, started straight up. Ehh...

Associate
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for an EP3 CTR with a budget of around £4k... I've had a look over the usual places such as AutoTrader/PistonHeads etc, but I wondered if there were any good forums you guys might know of that would also be worth checking out please?

Thanks very much!

Permabanned
Awesome!!!

We just got a sexy sunset one also. Picked up some rays with re50s on for £250 also, which should do for this summer before moving into PS4s

Well maybe not with re50s but good nick 285 delivered fronts shot ps3's rears loads of thread but some crap. For starters Ill get some descent used front's. Sell Stock rims/tyres buy something descent all around :)
Still dunno if i want 45 or 40 profile. I like bit more harsh ride. Not going Coilovers on Z just Tein springs should do the trick. Quite amazed how good stock suspension is compraing to apexi n1 coilovers i had on dc2. Well DC2 felt like gokart like it that way :D

rays2.jpg

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Twin springs on the Z work nicely, my mate had some on with his when I was running my DC5. Great car to have a play with :D

@TacticalFish, I'd try to stick to hendysperformance / Cox motorsports as already mentioned. The sensors aren't the cheapest, but third party / blueprint ones are notoriously bad in comparison.

Soldato
picked up a supercharged S2000 yesterday. Long story but couldn't spend to much on a car for a new mortgage.

I have had rs4's (b7) for the last 3 ish summers and fancied something different.

What a hoot, yes the cabin is small, i dont find it that dated but then i have not had a newish car for a while apart from a m5 and a r8 (r8 was older gen so old inside) its missing heated seats and dab but otherwise its great fun, this one is a hks supercharger so around 390 bhp all the way to 9000 revs.

It actually feels quick, with the charger you dont need to change down to make progress either. I genuinely can say you can have some great fun in cars like these but if it was a daily it might be tiring

Soldato
Not sure if anyone has experience with the 8th gen Accords with the 2.4L K24z3 engine with a manual but i'll explain the situation.

Not sure if this is an issue or simply just part of the car, when accelerating or just revving in neutral with the clutch disengaged there's a very clear whistling sound, as if there's a very convincing turbo noise.

We've got the older 7th gen accord with the K20 engine and it doesn't make this sound during simple reving or accelerating lightly/moderately/harshly so just seems weird it's there on a newer car.

Soldato
How loud is the whining? High pitched? I'd be checking around all the pulleys and tensioners with it running.

I'll see if I can get vid of it tonight, It is clearly heard in the cabin and outside when I watched my old man drive it away one day, I honestly can't say it sounds like a whine, more of a whistle noise.

Soldato
it does it whatever the situation, not pressing the clutch down revving in neutral it's there, pressing the clutch in and revving it's there, accelerating slowly/moderately/harshly it's there, I really need to get a sound clip for you all to hear so you can judge.

Permabanned
How loud is the whining? High pitched? I'd be checking around all the pulleys and tensioners with it running.
Thats BEST PART about supercharger !!!! MEOWWWWW change gear MEOWWWWW
Years ago our club member had s2k with it. S2K= Supercharger well all hondas is you ask me as the SC noise combined with vtec is ******* BAD ASS !!!!

O ye and You crash if u are not easy on gass on wet days :D I remember he had traction problems on wet day on 5th gear loosing back end :D

Soldato
Thats BEST PART about supercharger !!!! MEOWWWWW change gear MEOWWWWW
Years ago our club member had s2k with it. S2K= Supercharger well all hondas is you ask me as the SC noise combined with vtec is ******* BAD ASS !!!!

O ye and You crash if u are not easy on gass on wet days :D I remember he had traction problems on wet day on 5th gear loosing back end :D

One day i'd love to supercharge my CU2, once i've saved the £5k to do it :D

Back
Top Bottom