Good lease deals on less than great cars

Soldato
Can’t find the email, but I do recall getting the Mini offered at around £210 on a 3+35 deal in the last week. Was the SD Manual with chilli pack. I’ll see if I can dig it out, though that means logging into work email which I really can’t be bothered with until I go back.

I ended up missing out on a few deals as the wife dragged her heels, have ended up with 1.5tdci Focus ST-Line X, £212 on a 3+35 for 10k. Not a bad deal but not a great one. Did me 400 miles in it so far and just about getting used to it. Lots of toys as standard for the model compared to the a180d Sport that just went back.

Soldato
The offer I had mid November were pre-registered March ‘17 plate Countryman SD, the dealers would negotiate on length of lease as I didn’t want a 3+35 on a car that was already 5/6mths old meaning I’d have to mot it and be out of warranty for the last few months.

Soldato
It's incredible how the premium brands are pushing volume into the market (in excess of demand) at the moment. There's no way that MINI dealers should still be pushing March pre-reg in November! I'll keep saying it - there's a massive bubble growing here.

Soldato
It's incredible how the premium brands are pushing volume into the market (in excess of demand) at the moment. There's no way that MINI dealers should still be pushing March pre-reg in November! I'll keep saying it - there's a massive bubble growing here.
The new car market seems to have become so dependant on finance and credit in increasingly odd forms we must be due a correction!

Soldato
Surely you could pit in a £15k initial rental or something and get close to £280 A month?

All Car Leasing, which was the first one I tried, is at £780 per month with a £9,300 initial payment, for a 48 month lease. Shortening the lease only serves to increase the initial and monthly payments.

I don't think there are going to be many places offering £280 per month unless the initial payment is more like £40,000 :p

Edit - lol, didn't notice that was Business too, so not including VAT. Personal is £936 per month with £11,000 initial.

Caporegime
Turns out we can lease through work now... which makes for interesting browsing.

Is there a particular % of cost that makes a lease 'too great' to miss deal ...?

Soldato
Turns out we can lease through work now... which makes for interesting browsing.

Is there a particular % of cost that makes a lease 'too great' to miss deal ...?

As a guideline if the deal over 3 years is under 50% of the real world cost to buy the car (e.g. through a broker) then it's a fairly good deal. Once you get to sub 40% it's a bargain.

Best deal I ever saw and missed by half an hour was the Passat alltrack for £109 per month on a 3+23. I decided to go look at one first at the local dealer and it was gone by mid afternoon that day. Turned out to be an error in VWs residual value figure but they honoured the order for those that had an order confirmation.

Caporegime
As a guideline if the deal over 3 years is under 50% of the real world cost to buy the car (e.g. through a broker) then it's a fairly good deal. Once you get to sub 40% it's a bargain.

Best deal I ever saw and missed by half an hour was the Passat alltrack for £109 per month on a 3+23. I decided to go look at one first at the local dealer and it was gone by mid afternoon that day. Turned out to be an error in VWs residual value figure but they honoured the order for those that had an order confirmation.

Okay cool thanks. I'll have to get a spreadsheet on the go.

We also have an option to buy at the end of the lease as well ... I'm not sure if the residual value in the portal I'm looking at will be the purchase cost at the end, but I'd assume it was? I'll have to double check.

Some makes / models have seem to have ridiculous discounts, for example

Audi Q3 2.0 Black Edition | £237.71 per month | £18039.17 residual value

Caporegime
The Q3 is way too dated though and likely due to be replaced soon, so should get good deals like you posted

Ah okay yeah.

Annoyingly you can only see prices for 1 trim profile on a page so you have open a tab for every trim to get the info. Managed to put together a little list compared to Broadspeed prices.

Code:
VW Golf R DSG £307.79 38%
Skoda Octavia 2.0 vRS £241.94 37%
Skoda Octavia 2.0 245 vRS £258.68  36%
Skoda Karoq 1.5 SE L £241.19 36%
Jaguar XE R-Sport (250) £283.72 35%
VW Polo 2.0 GTI+ DSG £174.46 31%
Peugot 3008    1.6 GT Line Premium £228.79 31%
Seat Leon 2.0 Cupra DSG £218.16 31%
VW Polo 2.0 GTI DSG £154.84 30%

Soldato
You are comparing a Jaguar XE, a Peugeot 3008 and a VW Polo. Have you got any idea what you want? :p

That's not how finding the best lease deal works. You have to not really care what you end up with in order to get the best deal. Which is why he is comparing them by percentage.

Back
Top Bottom