F1 2017

Soldato
Having only played F 2010 and I think 2012, I've got 2016 in my steam library which I've dabbled on playing with a few times, but never spent much time on it. I want to give it a shot, but now with 2017 out, is it worth buying the new version? Or is 2016 good enough?

Soldato
picked this up and started my career as Mclaren, was not the best choice.

been pumping all my research points into engine reliability and have started on upgrades at Baku(round 7/8?)

almost every race weekends i get warning about things being worn and not having this or that available.

Am using a xbox 360 wheel and once i got used to it i won 2 races in a row to had to stick the difficulty up, think i'm on 80/100. I now quali around 15-18 and finish races around this also.

I beat my rival Alonso and it has now put me against Sainz in the Torro Rosso, i got no chance of beating him.

I had a great race in Canada ( my Favorited track), i started around 16th in the dry, it rained hard then dried out again, i managed to finish 4th after making early calls to switch tires.

I am enjoying this game the most of any of the F1 games.

Soldato
picked this up and started my career as Mclaren, was not the best choice.

been pumping all my research points into engine reliability and have started on upgrades at Baku(round 7/8?)

almost every race weekends i get warning about things being worn and not having this or that available.

Am using a xbox 360 wheel and once i got used to it i won 2 races in a row to had to stick the difficulty up, think i'm on 80/100. I now quali around 15-18 and finish races around this also.

I beat my rival Alonso and it has now put me against Sainz in the Torro Rosso, i got no chance of beating him.

I had a great race in Canada ( my Favorited track), i started around 16th in the dry, it rained hard then dried out again, i managed to finish 4th after making early calls to switch tires.

I am enjoying this game the most of any of the F1 games.

Pretty realistic the lol

Soldato
Pretty realistic the lol

it certainly is :p

Cant wait for another team to come in for me.

I was just holding 5th at the Austria GP following a pair of squabbling Ferrari, i could have possibly took advantage and nabbed a podium only for my engine to fail with 4 laps to go.

I think i'm just going to take new units every race and race through the pack.

Soldato
Hi I am really struggling in Australia 1.5 seconds off the pace any tips ?

I have changed car setups many times lol not to bad on all other tracks.

Jamie.

Associate
Is there an option to run a season on this game without all the management / engineering / upgrading / engine malkarky? Where all that is done and you just drive the races?

Commissario
This is £13.49 on Steam at the moment and there's some kind of "play free" thing as well.

Is there an option to run a season on this game without all the management / engineering / upgrading / engine malkarky? Where all that is done and you just drive the races?
That would be nice, I just want to drive.

Soldato
Got this the other day and quite enjoying it, even if the game doesn't make much sense with the track limit rules. There's one corner at Singapore that I can go wide at, with the kerb to my left and not get the lap disqualified but if I drive over the same kerb I get told off. :confused:

Anyway, I'm using an Xbox controller. Does anyone have any good settings for the controller? Having to make lots of little jerky movements on the stick to keep the car pointing forward. Obviously I need to look into getting some kind of steering wheel for better/smoother accuracy.

Ree

Ree

Associate
you can edit the deadzone etc in the controller settings, i had same prob as you and it made the game much better.

Associate
Got this a few weeks back, followed by a wheel and am enjoying it so far

Only query is does anyone know how to retire from a race? Had a random drive failure in one race half way round a lap. Tried to pull off to the side and then got hit with a 'parked in a dangerous place' disqualification. Could not see a retire option when I brought up the pause menu too

Man of Honour
New one out in a few weeks. Some much needed improvements such as being able to skip the practice testing sessions without losing out on development. They got REALLY tedious by the third race.

It sounds great :)

Commissario
I know this is old but I haven't played it for years and I've just fired it up.

Is it possible to play without having to go through all the career stuff? I just want to pick a track and go practise.

Soldato
I know this is old but I haven't played it for years and I've just fired it up.

Is it possible to play without having to go through all the career stuff? I just want to pick a track and go practise.

If you just want to go round and round on a track go to time trial. Then if you want a singular race I'm sure there should be an option called grand Prix. It doesn't change much year by year but not got 2017 installed to check

Back
Top Bottom