What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Car washing update: Had a conversation with the service manager and he was very apologetic and understanding, and asked what products I used during the correction process (I spent most of the day on Saturday doing it). Last night he came to my house on his way home from work with a little bag of goodies:

It's a nice gesture and I'm happy with the outcome.

Excellent result.

Soldato
The lowest mileage, best condition car I’ve ever bought, and yet once again.....

6_E2142_A5_96_BF_44_AA_9_A99_F32_D1_D15_E003.jpg

I’m taking this as a sign that I’m not meant to buy anything sensible, next car is going to be something that I buy purely because I want it and without any consideration for MPG / practicality :p

Soldato
Not having much luck with cars it seems. Got a new car for the wife a month ago and earlier on I noticed this:

iphone133.jpg

Looks like exhaust related damage to me, judging by the melted bits. So annoying as it was almost pristine before that.

Soldato
Yeah it's not a brand new car anyway but it is indeed the front bumper and it certainly looks like some **** reversed their car and sat there with the exhaust practically touching for a while, if not reversed into it altogether.

Soldato
Friday the 13th... reshaped my CRZ using a van and Skoda who were clearly mod road rage.

W2SmCvJ.jpg

20REagw.jpg

B6ZzPRZ.jpg

A452 out of ballsall common on dual carriageway thanks to Skoda moving into my lane.

Saw two cars ahead he’s doing 40-45 a van then under takes him he pulls into lane 1. I’m following a 3008 pug and we accelerate past only for him to pop out of lane 2 once the Peugeot has overtook and straight into side of me. I only shed enough speed to make it a wheel to wheel shunt before he eventually stops in a lay-by.... I stop and so does the van driver ready to beat him up. Clear mid road rage event. Chavvy skinny kid clearly driving mums car jumps into car and drives off without leaving details.

Rang police. Have to do a self reporting incident form and police station but as I have witness and plate means they have two lines of enquiry so can investigate it.

Joy.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I've been watching some UK Dashcam Road Rage videos on YouTube recently and people are complete nutters. But then it's always instigated by some unnecessary hooting. I wonder why they never post the footage leading up to the road rage incident..

Anyway, unlucky @Jonnycoupe. Hope it gets sorted painlessly!

Soldato
After my service I got info on honda assist for accident management for all Honda owners through the door so using that. So good so far and waiting for a call from the approved repairer, like for like hire car so that should prove interesting what they select!

Soldato
IMG_20180413_193221.jpg

Handbrake not tight enough + wall with door open. Reckon that can be repaired or whole new door required? I have to lift the door slightly to close it as if catches on the door latch ever so slightly.

Back
Top Bottom