What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Reduced the weight of the SVR by 22kg and the M3 by around 16kg with some very expensive lithium ion batteries that are very powerful, but weight next to nothing, RS30 weighed in at 4.5kg and ATX30 at 2.5kg.
RS30 is a powerhouse with 1200+ cranking amps, 50aH equivalent, also has restart technology and can be put into sleep mode and turned on via button combinations or enable restart mode if it runs out of power to start the car.

ATX30 is not as fancy, it has 880 cranking amps, 30aH capacity but does include restart technology, more than adequate for the M3, if anything overkill but no point in penny pinching when dropping a grand on batteries to save some kilo's. :D

Gonna look at losing the bracket for the M3 battery and just cable tie it down and save even more weight, will see if I can loose the tray it sits on too as all that weighs as much as new battery. :D

Outrageous costs aside, that's pretty cool - I didn't know 12v drop-in lithium batteries existed with such specs.
I'm a big fan of battery relocation to aid weight balance, I've always gone for the ubiquitous Halfords Calcium 063 in all my cars. Starts everything fine (incl Jaguar v12) & lasts 'long enough'
Doing that, you end up with lots of receipts for the exact same battery spaced over a few years which could be handy ;)

Caporegime
Some people use custom made batteries using cells arranged in sequence. Is there any advantage to those off-the-shelf units aside from costing several times more? :p

I do quite a lot of car modifications myself be it welding to rebuilds but I wouldn't mess about with batteries to save a couple of hundred quid. One small mistake and your car is up in flames!

Associate
Scraped it :/

Driving along the lanes an oncoming car meant I had to drive through these "potholes" (more further on)....

Thing is I went into it at ~3mph, only thing is they were so deep my front splitter/clam grounded out! - I've only got 10cm clearance, these were ~18cm...

7hFGmd0.jpg

4DZIrGX.jpg

AlyGmBF.jpg

O1WYgHm.jpg

Initial quotes are being sought and so far it's looking like a £800-£1200 bill for Surrey Council to get the paint repaired and the alignment checked, then PPF on top....

Associate
Fair point, it genuinely was mint prior and hand on heart it was this pothole. Other thing that may help - was coming from a service over at back on track so checked it all over when on the ramp and I'm sure a signed statement could be obtained should it come to it.

Will submit the paperwork and see what happens

Permabanned
Good luck continues FFS so since after operation im off sick for few days started working on BT module installation in headunit
im.jpg

Im like ye after 30 minutes struipepd center console got it out

sold.jpg

so ye after some time got it all nicely fited ect.
Put it all back and phone detects BT and streams audio YAY
No ******* sound on left side boooo
After redoing it 4 times 5 hours later turns out Module got damaged in transport and does not produce signal on 1 channel FML

dsdsds.jpg

For now decided to make an Aux cable and have it going out as You see where i mount my phone up.... At lest i wont have the god damn tape adaptor :/
Module going back next time ill just get full android unit to work like planned but want to hook reversing camera up also ect.

Soldato
always fun @Zeed nothing ever goes right lol.

anyway, on lexus

new front disks and pads.

on eunos -;

coolant flush and thermostat replacement.. was jammed and broken! not difficult just time consuming.

Associate
30653235_10155431407051966_7948181738272849920_n.jpg

Turbos picked up from Turbo technics, were T25's now T28-60trim with 360 bearings. They needed new compressor housings, turbine housings and all sorts. Lets just say the eventual bill was more than I had anticipated at the beginning...

Associate
Engine oil at 85c will do more harm long term than 110c will
Yeah it does go higher, that's driving like a granny. It has a thermostat which opens at 82* as was the design with the Starlet Greddy kit. The TITAN RACE PRO S 5W-40 data sheet has the following.

Kinematic Viscosity at 100ºC IP71 14.89 mm2 /s
Kinematic Viscosity at 40ºC IP71 92.4 mm2 /s

Engine 'long term' isn't really an issue as I have a 5E-FTE & TD04 hybrid in the works atm which will soon heat the oil up. ;)

The AN10 Fittings can be a good ball ache lol, luckally I had the imperial spanner set up to 1" and a 27mm.

Last edited:
Soldato
Car washing update: Had a conversation with the service manager and he was very apologetic and understanding, and asked what products I used during the correction process (I spent most of the day on Saturday doing it). Last night he came to my house on his way home from work with a little bag of goodies:

uJ1djTl.jpg

It's a nice gesture and I'm happy with the outcome.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Car washing update: Had a conversation with the service manager and he was very apologetic and understanding, and asked what products I used during the correction process (I spent most of the day on Saturday doing it). Last night he came to my house on his way home from work with a little bag of goodies:

uJ1djTl.jpg

It's a nice gesture and I'm happy with the outcome.
Impressive! Now he knows where you live, expect some poo through your letterbox ;)

Back
Top Bottom