The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime
Yeah I've zero interest in seeing even less of Bork :/

NXT is the only reason I keep the network subbed!

If we had the Brock from his first run that actually was interesting to watch I'd be all for him staying. This Brock does the bare minimum, shows up a couple of times a month (at most) and really doesn't look as if he wants to be there. Why in the hell that deluded fool Vince again re-signed him to a yet unknown term is beyond me.

Did he not hear the "this is awful" chants last night? So far Brock had gotten away with this "suplex city" crap, now it seems as if the casual fans are clueing into the fact he's just a lazy slob.

Last night Brock done 3 moves multiple times and that was it, German suplex, belly to back suplex (one of these was botched sending reigns face first into the table) and f5. Reigns wasn't any better with superman punch after superman punch and multiple spears. You could count the combined total of moves of them both from that match on one hand FFS, and THAT was their main event? It boggles the mind how it managed to get that spot.

I'm glad the crowd dumped all over it but the sad fact is it has yet again fallen on deaf ears. Vince lives in his own little bubble and is totally clueless to what people really think as his army of yes men deflect any criticism that he might possibly hear about.

Soldato
I
I'm glad the crowd dumped all over it but the sad fact is it has yet again fallen on deaf ears. Vince lives in his own little bubble and is totally clueless to what people really think as his army of yes men deflect any criticism that he might possibly hear about.

Vince looks at numbers. Who's selling the most t-shirts, which wrestlers are getting the most views on the WWE Youtube channel etc. WWE had a video package about Shinsuke Nakamura up on their channel a few days before Wresltemania and they also had a promo video for Lesner/Regins, I've seen the Nakamura video but not the other one but suspect that the Lesner/Regins video would have had much higher numbers and this is what Vince goes by. The fact that Reigns has been booed out of every Wrestlemaina main event for the last 4 years makes no difference to WWE management although saying that fact that Lesner won does come as a big surprise.

Soldato
Thing is, who is Reigns appealing too if they are still pushing him?
He's over with the women and kids. The recipient of the Ultimate Warrior award at the Hall of Frame said his favorite superstar was Roman Reigns and he is typical of the demographic management wants him over with as children will pressure parents to buy them to Roman Reigns t-shirts, Roman Reigns action figures, Roman Reigns tactical vests etc. These days it's about your marketability, getting over is sill important but it's not the be all and end all as it was 20 years ago (probably since about 2005/2006).

Soldato
Thats the thing, I understand from business it makes sense. But im struggling to see even why kids or younger ones would look to him. Cena I get fully, good guy and was great on mic I think. Reigns jsut looks so bland and boring and has nothing else going for him.

Soldato
Thats the thing, I understand from business it makes sense. But im struggling to see even why kids or younger ones would look to him. Cena I get fully, good guy and was great on mic I think. Reigns jsut looks so bland and boring and has nothing else going for him.
The thing is Reign's needn't be bland or boring, I've watch a lot of he's matches and when he's allowed to he can pull out top draw performances with just about anyone (he even got a half decent match out of the Big Show), he hits the mat really hard to make his opponents moves look as good possible and knows how to sell which is lost art in modern times. For me though it's the way he carries himself and looks which lends itself to being a great heal rather then a babyface.

Take Roman of TV for a month, remix Big Boss Mans attitude era theme music, turn him heal, get Paul Haymen to do all the mic work and let run riot over everyone babyface like a Soman bulldozer so he can show off his full move set. Eventually people will start to appreciate him like we did with Rock and a year latter boom you have you next big star. The draw back is this requires long term planning and vision, common sense and courage all which is lacking in WWE management.

Soldato
Really?...honestly, this is the first time I have ever seen someone say that!
Its just my observations from watching how wrestling has evolved since I started watching 30years ago. Don't get me I'm one of 'back in the day things were better' types the athleticism from modern day performers is much higher but so many guys these days just don't know how to sell (Big E is one of culprits) which is a big part of telling a story in the ring.

Associate
New to the chat..the WWE superstar swap was alright i thought, Hope Daniel Bryan gives the miz a big punch in face =D and is it just me but "the iiconics" just seemed like better versions of the bella twins?
I very much prefer Smackdown in terms of superstars they have..be interesting to see Nakamura,AJ Styles, DB and Samoa joe in action.

Caporegime
The lesnar\reigns match at this "greatest royal rumble" had a botched ending, and once again it was the same moves over and over. (at last count, 5 if you include chair shots).

Soldato
The whole event just felt odd to me, no belts lost, all those rich arabs in comfy chairs looking completely uninterested to be there, must have made the WWE a huge amount of cash though.

Caporegime
The whole event just felt odd to me, no belts lost, all those rich arabs in comfy chairs looking completely uninterested to be there, must have made the WWE a huge amount of cash though.

The "huge" amount of cash was probably in the region of loose change down the back of a sofa to that mob. :p

Back
Top Bottom