Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Soldato
Loved the movie but.... I have to say they missed a perfect opportunity to unite 2 of the best, funniest characters in the MCU but it didn't happen. Korg and Draxx Would have been amazing!!! :D

Soldato
I watched this on Sunday. It was absolutely epic! Thanos is such a badass, but you can almost empathise with him.
With regards to Doctor Strange: In one of the futures that he saw it showed him that the only way to beat Thanos was to let him collect all the stones and use them. That's why he let him have the time stone. Tony Stark is somehow tied to this.
My prediction for part 2:
Ghamora is in the soul stone. That's why Thanos saw her when he used the gauntlet at the end. Everybody that turned to Ash is also in the Soul stone. One of the main characters will have to be sacrificed to allow everybody to live again.
Shuri figured out how to allow Vision to live without the mind stone but didn't have enough time to fix him. So she'll fix him in part 2.
Captain Marvel is somehow tied to the Soul Stone so she'll know how to free the people trapped in it.

Soldato
The axe shouldn't have gone through though some people in this thread are arguing the characters needed to be partially grounded in reality?

Really the axe shouldn't have touched him as he had all the stones so could have done literally anything he wanted. He should have just turned into a banana or something like that.

Soldato
Loved the movie but.... I have to say they missed a perfect opportunity to unite 2 of the best, funniest characters in the MCU but it didn't happen. Korg and Draxx Would have been amazing!!! :D

That's the only bit playing on my mind...Thor said that Thanos only wiped out half of his people....so does that mean that half of "Asgard" and the likes of Korg are still alive? But....Thanos pretty much obliterated their ship....so who knows....

Soldato
I was expecting hulk to appear in Wakanda.

I actually thought that Bruce would hulk-up whilst in the hulk-buster armour and come bursting out.

I was expecting the same thing!

My son is a massive hulk fan, and he was gutted when Thanos handed his backside to him, and even more gutted that he did not make an appearance at the finale.

As others have mentioned on here to be seemingly so irrelevant in part 1, one has to hope that he has a bigger part to play in 2 after Banner 'works out his issues' with him.

Seen this twice already and the only character decision that seemed unlikely or questionable to me was :

Gamora giving up the location of the Soul Stone so easily after watching Nebula's torture scene. Bearing in mind that she had told Quill to toast her if she was ever caught by Thanos.

Associate
His skin technically got pierced twice in this once with that small knife that was later shown to be an illusion, then by thors axe.

Regardless i think it would have made for a better scene showing Hulk getting enraged, getting stronger and then still getting a beating, realistically what did he do to Thanos? Punched him 2-3 times, shoved him into a wall and that was really it.

Obviously they're waiting for part 2 to blow their load on that, but to me Hulk seemed to go into his shell far too easily.

I thought it was great, he charges in. Busts Thanos a few times, just like he's done to everything he's ever faced. The guy took it and then absolutely pulverised him. They show a great look of shock and then fear on his face when he got hit in the throat.
Hulk didn't get angrier and therefore stronger, he got scared - something he's not had happen before. I suspect he'll come good if someone he cares about is hurt, or worse.

Potential spoilers for next one: conjecture really
Suspect we'll see a large number of the original roster killed off. 10 years having to stay in shape, restricting work on other projects etc will eventually wear thin. If Scarlett Johansson calls it quits I expect we'll see Banner/Hulk go bananas if she cops it.

Really enjoyed this. Had a proper belly laugh with, WHY IS GAMORA?!

Soldato
Adam Warlock was considered for the Infinity War but it was decided he would be better served by having his own movie.

I want to know why it is we should all be scared of the Avengers 4 title when Thanos
has just killed half of the universe. What could be more frightening than that?

Soldato
I want to know why it is we should all be scared of the Avengers 4 title when Thanos
has just killed half of the universe. What could be more frightening than that?

From an interview the other day:

FEIGE: Definitely not called that. When we announce the title I am not sure, but as I’ve probably said to you, it’s gotten completely blown out of proportion. It will just be a name and the reason to hold it back was to keep the attention on Infinity War. That backfired a little bit because now everyone thinks what’s the name of the next one gonna be? But it was really just to keep the focus [on Infinity War]. We did not want to call it Part One and Part Two. Although it will be quite evident that the films obviously connect, as all our films do, but this in particular connects very directly. And then we changed the Part One and Part Two, we said let’s just keep this Infinity War and we’ll talk about the next movie later. We had done things in the past that had taken attention off of whatever the film at hand is because we talked about this. For instance, Infinity War announcing before Ultron came out, and it worked out, it was fine, but it felt like let’s keep the attention on the film at hand.

Soldato
Spoiler tags should stay for a while yet. In case someone gets linked to the thread or a post. I made the thread and asked for spoiler tags to be used.

Then what’s the point of this thread? May as well just stick everything in the original thread and keep using spoiler tags

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Really enjoyed this movie, loved Thor in "Boss Mode" and his team up with Rocket and Groot (wish there had been more of this) and hope it carries on.

Back
Top Bottom