US: Westworld

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Not feeling episode 2. Felt like filler with lots of flashbacks.

Soldato
Ep2 was slower than ep1 and didn't push any plot points forward apart from we now have some backstory on how it came to be, Enjoyed the Gus scene with MIB especially as Ford still has hands on the controls it seems.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I enjoyed a few select bits, especially...

The business demo where he comes to the conclusion that they're all hosts and the bit where William attempts to get the hosts to help him.

On the whole, I felt that episode 1 was stronger.

Associate
The Weapon:

I see people speculating what this might be, and i can't understand why nobody is talking about the obvious. They were looking right at it. It's the enormous digging machine. We know the parks are contained on an island. We know that there is a Grand Canyon like gorge in Westworld and that it probably acts as a boundary between parks. How do you drain a river so that you can cross the boundary? Perhaps with a great digging machine? How does a lake appear in Westworld where there was none before? Same answer.

Interesting theory, my thoughts on it:

So the digging machines have created an artificial lake that can be drained / un drained? I’m not sure how that water will be useful to Dolores overall plan? My theory is that it’s the main centre for all of the customer data, replacement body printing etc and/or the main satellite centre for the “customer-replacement” hosts out in the real world. Maybe this is covered by the lake or maybe the lake is a result of a flood to purge that base, but I don’t think the water is the weapon.

Edit: I liked the episode, it was cool to see some of the history and what was happening outside the park. Also Gus, and Roberts trick on William :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Is it the real world though ;)

The exterior shots as Arnold leads Dolores across the street look uncanny, too clean, and filled with unnatural, robotic-looking people. The under-construction zone where Arnold is apparently building a house seems oddly placed in the middle of what's apparently a city, and then there's what Arnold says: "My wife says I live in the park. I'm moving my family here. I need to have my two worlds at least within reach of one another."

Associate
Can't say I've seen him in anything else so can't say for sure, but maybe they asked him to tone down his natural accent and this is the result.

Can't even remember what show it was now, but one of the stars was Irish but they were so worried his natural accent was unintelligible he ended up doing this weird half and half thing that sounded like a yank trying to be Irish.

Back
Top Bottom