Overwatch

Stu

Stu

Soldato
At your rank Rufus the teammates are quite unreliable, I spent last season around 2400-2600 and team mates were nightmare there was a lot of people playing dps that couldn't kill and lots of people just running around doing there own thing and people just trolling.

There is definitely some truth in this, and I think many people are either not honest to themselves, oblivious, or just don't care.

I've been a Soldier main up to now, but recently noticed that while I still get gold medals for damage, I'm mainly getting gold for elims so often lately, whereas gold elims was common in the past. Playing a DPS like Soldier, I feel an expectation to get high elims and damage because I think that is his role on the team. I think I've been watching too many Youtube videos on positioning and always being on the high ground, and I think I'm standing a bit further back than I used to, so I'm piling damage into tanks, and my accuracy is as high as ever, just low elim count.

Anyway, my point is, many people think they are a DPS main, but maybe they are not, and this will become more apparent as you rank up. I'm focusing on Dva and Zen as new characters right now and having lots of fun!

Soldato
At your rank Rufus the teammates are quite unreliable, I spent last season around 2400-2600 and team mates were nightmare there was a lot of people playing dps that couldn't kill and lots of people just running around doing there own thing and people just trolling.

If you can manage to climb to say 2750 your team mates start to get more reliable and the game becomes more fun.

I don't doubt it... have been there before - was pretty consistently around 2800 - 2900 for several seasons, but had one very bad season for whatever reason (could just be me being bad, but if anything I'd say I get better at the game as I play more not worse)...

To be honest it's my own fault for buying the game on launch and playing so much quickplay etc. for fun before they started doing ranked etc. - my MMR is clearly averaged so strongly to around 2400 that I'd have to consistently dominate with 90%+ winrate for months and months to crawl up to a higher point, and that's never going to happen... or I could pay another £40 or whatever for a fresh copy and place straight into mid-diamond like countless other players have confirmed happens, but I don't care about it that much...

I could main briggitte for a while, but all that would happen is I'd get to ~2600 and the matchmaker would kick in like it always does and pound me straight back to about 2400

Soldato
£13 for a skin......i know it's for charity, but that's a bit rich for one skin.

Does seem a bit high. I don't want to sound tight as I know its for a really good cause, but I think if they'd gone for about a fiver they could have sold a hell of a lot and made more money.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I was saying to Andy last night, we should try to form a team of six from us here and I'm sure we could develop better teamplay and team composition. Even 4 together would make a big difference.

Soldato
I was saying to Andy last night, we should try to form a team of six from us here and I'm sure we could develop better teamplay and team composition. Even 4 together would make a big difference.

On competitive right now I see a lot of people are doing well playing as a 2 and doing zarya/hanzo and just ulting together for really easy wins.

It seems to be new meta now hanzo gets his ult so easy.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Zarya takes a while to get her ult up though, so that is an interesting combo. Mei might be a viable alternative.

I'm rubbish with Zarya and Hanzo, so not great for me!

Soldato
I wouldn't be averse to forming a "team" although I don't get a lot of time to play really so as long as people are happy for it to be a sort of dip-in dip-out sporadic sort of thing I'm cool with that

My preferred role is tank (I can play all of them well and choose based on the team comps on both sides)... but I can also play most of the supports well enough, and a few others if I need to (sometimes I take Mei as a psuedotank if it's needed)

Soldato
Not enjoying the game at all at the moment - No one willing to work together, everyone wants to be DPS and call the shots without flexing.

When (if) we win it's a steamrolling, same goes for if we lose. Something isn't quite right with the matchmaking this season in my opinion. Also, very annoyed that a win with 4 golds only rewarded me 13 SR.

So yeah, going to give it a week, see if it improves, if not I will uninstall and not look back.

Soldato
Shocking season for me as well so far. Capture the point games need a rework. They are turning into a farce in terms of they go either one way or another. There is very little in terms of battles/mid game fights etc.

I've dropped 300/400 SR this season and no matter what I play Brid/Moira/Dva/Junk/Mercy etc - I seem to keep falling.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I keep winning one then losing one, with a continued net drop in SR. Anyone else find SR change is greater from a loss than a win?

Soldato
I keep winning one then losing one, with a continued net drop in SR. Anyone else find SR change is greater from a loss than a win?
Yep it is, always has been.
Seeing to many Hanzos, it has always been a problem but its now an epidemic...the Meta seems to be who has the best Hanzo.

Soldato
It's pretty trashy atm... I wouldn't say hanzo is necessarily *that* significant, but it's as true as it ever has been that no amount of teamwork, communication, co-ordination, grouping up, strategy, team comp etc. is a substitute for simply having one player on your team who is either smurfing or just very good at their chosen hero (whatever that may be)...

Pretty sick of seeing Jeff's smug face saying how great their system is when it's just not at all... I'm close to 100 games played this season and I can probably count on two hands the amount of games where *both* teams have capped more than 0% on the point or taken the first point in 2CP... those games were fantastic too, but the other 90% of my games I reckon I could have called the result about 60 seconds into the match... the games you lose that way are frustrating, the games you win that way are soooooo boring, it's just crap...

The SR system is still completely broken still as well - I can win a game where I go something crazy like 60-3 with Zarya, oodles of objective time and damage blocked etc... then lose a game where I do "okay" but our team gets completely wiped without ever even looking like we had a chance and I lose close to double the SR of the game I just won... I'm not that bothered about my rank apart from knowing that the problems the game has only become more extreme the lower you fall, and if I don't even get those 1 in 10 decent, close games I can't see myself wanting to keep playing anymore

Yes, first world problems, I know... git gud... I'd love to! But I don't really see how or that it will make any difference

Soldato
Not enjoying the game at all at the moment - No one willing to work together, everyone wants to be DPS and call the shots without flexing.

When (if) we win it's a steamrolling, same goes for if we lose. Something isn't quite right with the matchmaking this season in my opinion. Also, very annoyed that a win with 4 golds only rewarded me 13 SR.

So yeah, going to give it a week, see if it improves, if not I will uninstall and not look back.

I think it's been broken since the 4th season. The only way to get into decent ranked games is with a new account it seems. My wife got 4 wins and 6 losses on her placements, RARELY plays, only does the placements and maybe 5 games per season. 2 seasons ago she got 9 wins and 1 loss in her placements, put her up to 2,400SR or around there. This season, 2,300... Several seasons ago I got up to 2,700SR. Then my placements I got 9 losses and 1 win... It was HORRIBLE, placed me at like 700SR... Ever since, even in this current season I got 8 wins and 2 losses. I got placed at 1,100SR. I don't bother anymore climbing as I'm with idiots that as you say. Just do NOT work together, insta lock their 'mains' and perform terribly.

Last season for a laugh I played Mei only and won most matches, but still. SR increase was minimal and not worth it as a loss just hit too hard.

OW is broken for comp and they need to fix it big time.

Soldato
I think it's been broken since the 4th season. The only way to get into decent ranked games is with a new account it seems. My wife got 4 wins and 6 losses on her placements, RARELY plays, only does the placements and maybe 5 games per season. 2 seasons ago she got 9 wins and 1 loss in her placements, put her up to 2,400SR or around there. This season, 2,300... Several seasons ago I got up to 2,700SR. Then my placements I got 9 losses and 1 win... It was HORRIBLE, placed me at like 700SR... Ever since, even in this current season I got 8 wins and 2 losses. I got placed at 1,100SR. I don't bother anymore climbing as I'm with idiots that as you say. Just do NOT work together, insta lock their 'mains' and perform terribly.

Last season for a laugh I played Mei only and won most matches, but still. SR increase was minimal and not worth it as a loss just hit too hard.

OW is broken for comp and they need to fix it big time.

Unless it's changed recently, the win/loss of placements doesn't matter, it's how you perform relative to others. It's the only part of the season where you can do well even if you loose games. If you know you're going to loose and can the game doing poorly yourself, you will tank sr. Likewise, if you constantly carry and gold everything but still loose, you will likely gain sr unlike after placements where no matter what it's going to loose you sr. If you constantly play well, you will gain sr even with loosing as the gain of sr will outweigh the loss, just slowly. Pretty certain it's why new accounts can place so highly.

The system is broke as placement games judge skill level on a more individual basis than the season itself. They can't use this system for the season as it rewards individual play as opposed to team play and they can't use the season system for placement as you'd end up with people in the completely wrong brackets.

I personally couldn't hack having to be so reliant on others in random groups and getting punished for leavers you have absolutely zero control over. Kind of ruins that last game previously you spent ages grinding out for a tough win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom