Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Six months ago, always planned to do them both again for peak of Summer. :)

Was it needed, not really but as above I planned to have it done in peak of Summer.

Just pay extra for a decent Ceramic coating, then head back to the detailers less. Profit!

I suppose it looks quite shiny :D:D:D

OcUK Staff
Just pay extra for a decent Ceramic coating, then head back to the detailers less. Profit!

I suppose it looks quite shiny :D:D:D

Ceramic coatings unfortunately I find give a bit of plastic finish, very hard to explain, but waxes and good sealants definitely give a superior shine, also the really top quality ceramic coatings that can rival waxes for shine cost well over £1000 and I simply feel I get better results from having a professional detail every six months and just washing and topping up the sealant at home.

A video of the job been done:

OcUK Staff
Detail every 6 months, your clear coat will last about 2 years.... Try learning how to wash the car safely so it doesnt need a 6 monthly redo!

The clear coat will be fine, that why its all electronically measured before done, detailing in correct way has very little impact on it especially as the car had very minor swirling. If I washed the car with a brillo pad and it needed detailing every six months removing very heavy marring and deep swirling, then maybe so, but in a correctly cared for car, then its not the case.

Permabanned
Ceramic coatings unfortunately I find give a bit of plastic finish, very hard to explain, but waxes and good sealants definitely give a superior shine, also the really top quality ceramic coatings that can rival waxes for shine cost well over £1000 and I simply feel I get better results from having a professional detail every six months and just washing and topping up the sealant at home.

A video of the job been

The ceramic coating on my 720S is brilliant and is even better than wax for the gloss shine and depth it adds. It’s the top level gtechnik, but was £1500.

A quick wash and it’s back to being great again.

Only the stone chips it doesn’t help.

I really don’t like the way even good ppf dulls the paint.

OcUK Staff
The ceramic coating on my 720S is brilliant and is even better than wax for the gloss shine and depth it adds. It’s the top level gtechnik, but was £1500.

A quick wash and it’s back to being great again.

Only the stone chips it doesn’t help.

I really don’t like the way even good ppf dulls the paint.

Will have to see, but I've seen Gtechnik and used myself still preferred wax, like my car yours has a pearl in the paint and what matters most is the product pulls that pearl out. In all fairness when it comes to car products there is no right way, just whatever works best for you. :)

Yes agreed PPF, even the ones costing a few grand dull the paint and are vastly overpriced for what they are.

Soldato
The clear coat will be fine, that why its all electronically measured before done, detailing in correct way has very little impact on it especially as the car had very minor swirling. If I washed the car with a brillo pad and it needed detailing every six months removing very heavy marring and deep swirling, then maybe so, but in a correctly cared for car, then its not the case.

Cant be correctly cared for if you're only getting 6 months between polishing, that's my point. Detailing in anyway will have an impact, regardless of whether its just a quick finishing polish or a three-step process it will still remove some of your clear. If you're washing your car properly, like you claim, then there is no way you should be getting swirling sufficient enough to need correction every 6 months.

OcUK Staff
Cant be correctly cared for if you're only getting 6 months between polishing, that's my point. Detailing in anyway will have an impact, regardless of whether its just a quick finishing polish or a three-step process it will still remove some of your clear. If you're washing your car properly, like you claim, then there is no way you should be getting swirling sufficient enough to need correction every 6 months.

Its not been badly swirled, I just like paying someone else to make it sparkle and they do a far better job than I could ever do, something I do with all my cars, they've got the M3 now. :)

Man of Honour
Its not been badly swirled, I just like paying someone else to make it sparkle and they do a far better job than I could ever do, something I do with all my cars, they've got the M3 now. :)

But surely the whole point of paying for an expensive detail is that it sparkles afterwards through regular washing.

Soldato
Soldato
Not really my motor or showing it but my cousin just sent me these of his A6 :o

zdguzQe.jpg

ZZSFbvC.jpg

Apparently something hit the bonnet on the M1 - lucky it wasn't the windscreen

Back
Top Bottom