Show Us Your Motors!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
yes v8 miata lol.

honestly 200-240 would be more than enough, I can't say I struggle with current power, it's fun around country lanes and keeps up with most cars due to how well balanced it is and how well it handles!

Yeah, I always felt mine just needed that bit extra but nothing crazy. I wanted to go the mini charger route but I reckon turbo is the most versatile and cheapest option with room for more if you fancy. Car I'm about to post in the daily encounters is almost at 350 with a built engine, have yet to get a ride in it though but they say it pins you back and keeps going for what it is.

Caporegime
So? Get it done man! No balls, calling you out, crying inside going from that straight six sound to a washing machine.

Z4 is much closer to being a washing machine than a well sorted MK1 MX5. ;)

Its not all about the noise! Unless its my E30 which handles like a boat in which case it is all about the noise. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I always felt mine just needed that bit extra but nothing crazy. I wanted to go the mini charger route but I reckon turbo is the most versatile and cheapest option with room for more if you fancy. Car I'm about to post in the daily encounters is almost at 350 with a built engine, have yet to get a ride in it though but they say it pins you back and keeps going for what it is.

aye exactly! a little extra would be fine, I dont want it spinning wheels and trying to stick me in the ditch in 3rd gear lol. 350 is mad! :o

So? Get it done man! No balls, calling you out, crying inside going from that straight six sound to a washing machine.

lol no, z4 was a completely different beast! mx5 is much more fun in my opinion. Z4 sounded great I agree, miss that 3.0 i6 sound but mx5 is not all bad ;)

Santa Pod, pick a date ;)

ohhh... :D

Man of Honour
Outside of noise I don't see the appeal in the V6 conversions for the MX5, the Mazda KL makes sod all power for its size, and the while the Jag AJ30 makes decent power you can have a well sorted, reliable 250-260hp turbo conversion for a quarter of the cost
You've probably spent your cryto millions to gain an unfair advantage pushing 1000whp probably :(

No crypto millions for me :( so just a paltry 270hp(ish) at the moment

Soldato
Outside of noise I don't see the appeal in the V6 conversions for the MX5, the Mazda KL makes sod all power for its size, and the while the Jag AJ30 makes decent power you can have a well sorted, reliable 250-260hp turbo conversion for a quarter of the cost

No crypto millions for me :( so just a paltry 270hp(ish) at the moment

Well you've won there, more power and less weight than the Z4

OcUK Staff
Collected the car from Autobrite, got one of the guys in work to grab some photos on a proper camera, the last image shows up the dept of the paint and the pearl effect in the paint most. Supersonic sealant really extracts the pearl effect from paint so well, in the flesh it pops like crazy. :)

ab1.jpg~original

ab2.jpg~original

ab3.jpg~original

Incredible job by the AB guys, they've got M3 in now for same treatment. :)

OcUK Staff
I thought you'd only just had it detailed Gibbo?

Six months ago, always planned to do them both again for peak of Summer. :)

And the M3 as well?

If you need them both detailed already then you need to stop using them for rallying, or find a better detailer. :D

Was it needed, not really but as above I planned to have it done in peak of Summer.

Back
Top Bottom