British woman says her Spanish holiday was ruined by too many Spanish people

Soldato
She looks like the typical 'Greggs grandmother' type - who'd likely have a bunch of 'little darlings' running riot around her and gobbing off at them "Callum, leave your sister alone!!!!" etc.

I heard a bit of Idiot Hour (Jeremy Vine) on BBC 2 yesterday, and they had some idiot in support of this minging hulk of human waste - complaining how horrid the Spanish were to her and her children recently, and how busy a pool was when it was hot..... no **** Sherlock! But she had happily banded 'all Spaniards' as an issue, probably like this lovely grandmother.

Soldato
Why thank you for that balanced stance! I'd wager you are grateful and kindly to your parents and grand parents too. Good post :)
No problem, it seems like standard behaviour for me. I think the real issue here is that people seem to lose their heads when being able to hide behind a keyboard and monitor..... ;)

Caporegime
The media love to spin stuff. It appears the main reasons she disliked her holiday was because she's in a wheelchair and wasn't put on the ground floor like she requested, there was no ramp to get to the pool, they messed her flights up and she was told the entertainment would be geared towards British people but instead it was Spanish. But of course, none of that would make a good headline...

Caporegime
The media love to spin stuff. It appears the main reasons she disliked her holiday was because she's in a wheelchair and wasn't put on the ground floor like she requested, there was no ramp to get to the pool, they messed her flights up and she was told the entertainment would be geared towards British people but instead it was Spanish. But of course, none of that would make a good headline...

Yeah that's pretty much what I've interpreted too.

Caporegime
makes me laugh how many people do package holidays or book through a travel agent and don't bother to research anything about where they will be staying.

is there even any point in using a travel agent in 2018?

Soldato
is there even any point in using a travel agent in 2018?

Not everyone is comfortable using the internet....just the other day my dad was in a mood saying he's going to cancel Sky as he couldn't talk to anyone on the phone...every time he phoned the message was go to mysky.com etc etc. He was well ****** off...simply because he finds using a PC/internet frustrating. Some people can't even use a mouse!

Caporegime
it's probably more that they are set in their ways and not prepared to learn. because in my day we had 2 paper cups and a piece of string and this was considered futuristic technology

Soldato
utterly clueless

It isn't the population of the country that is important here but the numbers of that population who actually visit...

UK: 18,779,466
Russia: 1,145,848

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Spain#Arrivals_by_country

UK visitors are second only to France, a country that shares a land border with Spain, that would be rather big blow to tourism.

Spain is still going to want UK tourism after Independence Day next year.

Erm....I think if you actually take your ass, visit the non Brits part of Spain and chat to the locals. Brits are not really liked over there because their chavy behaviour of some. There has been a sudden rise of non Brits feeding into the Spanish economy. Which they happily welcome the change since the pound is down the drain over the past two years ago.

If the UK stopping going to Spain, they would still be doing ok and wouldnt be missing us.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If the UK stopping going to Spain, they would still be doing ok and wouldnt be missing us.

If brits stopped going to Spain then they'd lose their second biggest source of visitors as highlighted already and in spite of whatever views you've gotten from your chats with the locals.... your previous "well Russia is a big country" argument was clearly nonsense so you now come back with "but the locals tell me they don't like the brits much" - still doesn't change the point that it would hurt them economically, 18.7 million visitors is a big impact.

Soldato
Whenever I've gone to Spain it's been to places where there are no Brits at all and not many people speak English. It's been nice :)

Soldato
I worked in Spain in 1979 at Santa Pola near Alicante. I drove down there via Madrid through largely rural France and Spain. Away from the Costas, it was delightful although the people were relatively poor. I stayed in some unusual (to a Brit) places.

Back
Top Bottom