• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF V(5) MP CPU ulilization

Caporegime
Interesting.

Hardware Unboxed had similar performance with the Ryzen 4 core as the Ryzen 6 and 8 core, now i know from just turning off SMT on my 6 core the performance drops and there is much higher load on the CPU, like never below 90%.
If i had turned off 2 of the cores i know i would have had a huge drop in performance, the fact that Hardware Unboxed had pretty much the same performance on 4 core as 6 and 8 core is.... well its very strange.

The game GPU benchmark shows a very clear distinction between 4 core and 6 core, and even some with 6 core to 8 core.

HB they all look the same, that's usually telling of CPU benchmarking that doesn't actually put any stress on the CPU.

TPU do this, to stress CPU's in games they think its best to look at a wall to get the highest frame rates, that only loads up a single thread so all the core counts CPU's look the same.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting.

Hardware Unboxed had similar performance with the Ryzen 4 core as the Ryzen 6 and 8 core, now i know from just turning off SMT on my 6 core the performance drops and there is much higher load on the CPU, like never below 90%.
If i had turned off 2 of the cores i know i would have had a huge drop in performance, the fact that Hardware Unboxed had pretty much the same performance on 4 core as 6 and 8 core is.... well its very strange.

The game GPU benchmark shows a very clear distinction between 4 core and 6 core, and even some with 6 core to 8 core.

HB they all look the same, that's usually telling of CPU benchmarking that doesn't actually put any stress on the CPU

I'm not too sure, gamegpu shows minimal differences between 1600x and 1800x.

Caporegime
Yeah, its a 4 core ^^^, its a Ryzen 1400 with an iGPU

It is slightly odd don't you think playing this game and seeing the huge loads on 12 thread CPU's to see 8 and 4 thread CPU's push apparently the same performance?
that's not what i get even from just turning SMT off on a 6 core.

I mean if you played the game with the servers only half full or less then maybe yeah, that's not how we have been testing and that's now what we see.

Associate
I do find it odd, people are reporting all different things. Even on same hardware.
We need more people making videos ;)

Perhaps some have left the dynamic VSYNC thing on and so it is adjusting quality for performance rather than locking custom settings with sync off.

How do you make your video, I just get black screen from MSI afterburner, also how do you show graph etc with bench times.

Soldato
What am I missing with the graphs exactly. Iv got one of the least gamey CPUs here not even running in game mode and it was running flawlessly. Any Ryzen isn't batting an eyelid at this game so who cares what the graphs say.

Soldato
Perhaps some have left the dynamic VSYNC thing on and so it is adjusting quality for performance rather than locking custom settings with sync off.

How do you make your video, I just get black screen from MSI afterburner, also how do you show graph etc with bench times.

I recorded with shadowplay, leaving afterburner running. The options for graphs are in there, under monitoring you choose what to display in the OSD. From there you select text and graph.
In the options there is also a benchmark tab, bind that to a key and that will give you the FPS highs and lows etc.

Associate
The world doesn't implode when the CPU gets to 100%.
the stuttering goes through the roof at 100% usage though, at least in my experience. I would consider bf5 unplayable with an i5 (4c/4t) or lower, might look okay on the graphs but not during gameplay

old i7s like the 2600k seem to be doing pretty well though and shows how poor VFM the 7600k was

Back
Top Bottom