• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF V(5) MP CPU ulilization

Soldato
the stuttering goes through the roof at 100% usage though, at least in my experience. I would consider bf5 unplayable with an i5 (4c/4t) or lower, might look okay on the graphs but not during gameplay

old i7s like the 2600k seem to be doing pretty well though and shows how poor VFM the 7600k was

+1 You don't want 100% CPU utilisation in a game. A discord notification or anything else going off at that time will cause the game to hang.

Soldato
the stuttering goes through the roof at 100% usage though, at least in my experience. I would consider bf5 unplayable with an i5 (4c/4t) or lower, might look okay on the graphs but not during gameplay

old i7s like the 2600k seem to be doing pretty well though and shows how poor VFM the 7600k was
But the guys performance was stellar with with 4 cores albeit at 720p, however it was at 100% constantly. I thought it would be a stuttering mess before I saw it but seemed OK.

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

If you like the Battlefield series, yeah.

But not at the rrp of 55 quid though! Wait for the first sale.

Associate
I recorded with shadowplay, leaving afterburner running. The options for graphs are in there, under monitoring you choose what to display in the OSD. From there you select text and graph.
In the options there is also a benchmark tab, bind that to a key and that will give you the FPS highs and lows etc.

Cool worked a treat, can't seem to make my overlay look as good as yours with benchmark time etc. All comes up tiny but I am getting somewhere, now just have to learn how to play :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzGeRIY3JUk

Soldato
I think I have found the reason why the big disparity in results.
Normal, regular conquest runs as good as bf1 does. Very smooth and consistent.

Grand operations mode is like a different game. I'm guessing this is where people are seeing issues. It runs considerably worse.

Last edited:
Associate

Grand operations mode is like a different game. I'm guessing this is where people are seeing issues. It runs considerably worse.

Noticed that too, not sure why that happens.

Soldato
OP
I loved the games upto 2. 4 was ok ish and the others I didn't really think much of.

I am personally a big fan of BC2 and BF4 and too me the series as taken a nosedive since starting with hardline. BF5 to me has great gunplay, good looking visuals and atleast the rotterdam map is bloody well done but thats where it goes sour for me. The customisation system is certainly not what i had hoped for and the amount of weaponry available seems limited to, the later could have course change in the full game but i think i read somewhere that it would be around 6 weapons per class.

Interesting, that would explain why ive started seeing stuttering as the first few games i played was fine. Ty for sharing

Back
Top Bottom