Poll: Singapore Grand Prix 2018, Singapore - Race 15/21

Rate the 2018 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

Results are only viewable after voting.
Caporegime
Championship seems firmly in Hamilton's hands now, he's just on fantastic form

I think he's probably the best he's ever been. He's been in astoundingly good form; whereas Vettel seems to be getting weaker with every race.

Though a single DNF can change everything.

Aye. Six races to go. Vettel himself overturned Alonso's lead of over 40 points in the middle of the 2012 season. It is possible. But it's a tall order and I don't see it happening.

Man of Honour
Can’t be long until heads start rolling at Ferrari. Doubt Vettel will be their number 1 golden boy next season either if he doesn’t win this championship.

The Mercedes has not only been slower than the Ferrari most of the season, but less reliable too. Will be interesting to see if they have indeed found pace. They certainly have the last couple of weekends.

Soldato
just caught up on the race.

Great result but not a great race.

Thought Bottas should have been pressuring Vettel all the way to get him to wear out his tires but he was no where near him.

Perez is such a dirty driver on the sly.

I think Ferrari are replacing the wrong driver with Leclerc :p

Man of Honour
So Perez got 3 penalty points on his license.

Grosjean got and additional 1. Takes him to 9 in the last 12 months. Got 4 races before any drop off, so he needs to be a good boy or face a race ban, which I'm sure that Haas would love. Given how cheerful they've been about the FIA already recently.

Gux

Gux

Associate
As a long time Ferrari fan, another race that ends in a disappointment and another F1 season without a title.

I think it's time for a general clean out of the team management/strategist and Vettel need to be replaced at the end of the year. This is now Vettel 4th year in a Ferrari and each year he is performing worse, his 2015 seasons his best by far. He won't deliver the WDC for Ferrari, so it's time to bring in some new blood alongside Charles.

Just a shame that won't happen and 2019 season will be another repeat unless Charles pulls something out of the bag. Vettel is done and past it now.

Also this race needs to be removed from the calendar. 1/10.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Perez lucky to get a meaningless drive through and some penalty points. He deserved a ban after the intentional swipe at Sirotkin

Perez is a clown. The penalty he was given does not discourage such action.

Even if the team get the strategy right from now on and keep having a slightly faster car, can't see vettel handling the pressure well.

He is in a difficult spot since he knows that even a small mistake now will cost him big. He will get more and more frustrated, especially now that Mercedes seem to be able to match them on pace, at least on some tracks. Once again Ferrari had their chance and threw it away - Ferrari falls way at the end of the season and Hamilton seems to rise up.

Man of Honour
Definitely boring - I fell asleep on the sofa and wife woke me about 15 minutes later and everyone's positions were still the same

It was the most tyre management we have seen for a while. Even brundle noted the boredom. When they weren’t saving tyres all that happened is they went *slightly* faster.

Soldato
Perez lucky to get a meaningless drive through and some penalty points. He deserved a ban after the intentional swipe at Sirotkin

Vetel only got 5 second time Penalty didn't he for driving into Hamilton. Safety car speeds but he still drove into someone intentionally. Harsh punishment for perez in comparison

Transmission breaker
Don
Once again, like the Max penalty in Monza, it is likely a cumulative thing with the stewards. Perez had already been investigated, and given the benefit of the doubt from that collision, however, a second questionable incident in the same race means it has to be punished. I think he got off lightly given the circumstances and Vettel's previous penalty. The incident on its own was worthy of punishment, as seen by the award of 3 penalty points after the race.

To me, it looked like a spiteful swipe, and not the sort of thing we should see in F1.

Man of Honour
Wait, so Grosjean's best response as to why he was a complete muppet in the blue flags is that he couldn't slow down? Really? What an embarrassment. No wonder the fans don't like him. The blue flags come up, forget your own battle and get the hell out the way. There really was a lot of poor driving in the field during this race.

Back
Top Bottom