Poll: Singapore Grand Prix 2018, Singapore - Race 15/21

Rate the 2018 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Just saw the clip of Perez hitting Ocon from Perez's perspective, clearly an intentional hit - as bad as what he did to Sirotkin in my mind. Not impressed that he looks to be getting a drive next year over Ocon.

Dull race with a few bits of excitement, not the worst race this year I guess - I didn't fall asleep this time :p

Soldato
Transmission breaker
Don
At worst it's a bit of mind games, but there's nothing he's said there that isn't true. It's not like he was in the driver's suite after the race, doing a David Brent dance, pointing fingers in Vettel's face, singing "I beat you, I beat you again!". Though I would pay good money for that.

It's fairly direct as F1 goes! I agree, mind games, why not, the ball is in his court, lets just hope (for his sake) it does not backfire on him..

Soldato
I think he's perfectly entitled to make that statement, especially on the back of the Singapore race weekend beginning with Vettel pretty much saying that he himself needed to avoid them. Hamilton and Mercedes are making Ferrari look like amateurs so much that Liberty should remove their heritage payment ;)

It certainly doesn't look like there's decades of F1 experience at Maranello.

Soldato
I would love to see Ocon take Grosjeans' seat, or Perezs' one also. Grosjean has had a very poor season, he's only recently started to finish races again with that abysmal start to the year. I know Ocon is a Mercedes man, but I think Hass could use someone with Ocons reliability and speed to bring in the points.

Perez is starting to get a reputation for wild defending, mainly against his teammate Ocon - he's hit Ocon 3 times in the last two years that I can remember. I think he was very lucky to get away with what he did to Ocon, it's obvious that he did that on purpose - if he hasn't got the spacial awareness needed then get the hell out of F1. If I was Stroll junior I would have a chat with Perez and say 'If you try that with me you are out of my team' - hell, I would have Ocon in the forceIndia over Perez any day.

Soldato
Wait, so Grosjean's best response as to why he was a complete muppet in the blue flags is that he couldn't slow down? Really? What an embarrassment. No wonder the fans don't like him. The blue flags come up, forget your own battle and get the hell out the way. There really was a lot of poor driving in the field during this race.

I disagree the mid field is normally the only place get get action these days. Those laps behind the Williams train were the most entertaining of the race outside the first corner. Good on Williams for getting so much screen time.

Lewis cad the car to get past them easily even when they were racing.

If anything binning off the top six cars and adding 6 more ‘mid tier’ cars with the budget to reflect would do great things for racing and the excitement for F1.

Soldato
If I was Stroll junior I would have a chat with Perez and say 'If you try that with me you are out of my team' - hell, I would have Ocon in the forceIndia over Perez any day.

Money is the reason why not. For a driver to be a financial benefit to replace Perez and his Mexican dollars he'll have to get the team one, if not two places higher in the constructors' championship. There aren't many of those drivers around, if any.

Soldato
I would love to see Ocon take Grosjeans' seat, or Perezs' one also. Grosjean has had a very poor season, he's only recently started to finish races again with that abysmal start to the year. I know Ocon is a Mercedes man, but I think Hass could use someone with Ocons reliability and speed to bring in the points.
Agreed. The only reason for Ocon to stay with Mercedes backing is if there's any chance of Bottas getting the boot for 2020. The only worthwhile seats available to Mercedes junior drivers now is one at Merc, assuming management get fed up with Bottas, or Perez's at FI. Possibly one at Williams, but it'd be career suicide for an established driver to go there. They've got no other motorsport involvement now after leaving DTM.

I'd argue Ocon may even be best severing ties and trying to get a drive in the Haas.

If I was Stroll junior I would have a chat with Perez and say 'If you try that with me you are out of my team'
I don't think it will be a problem. Stroll will be a dot in his team mates mirror for the majority of the season.

Soldato
Perez having a rich boy tantrum was lol.

Sirotkin did some good work but opening the steering on Hartley seemed a bit underhanded. Maybe didnt make the turn because of damage/tyres but looked like he intended to run him into the wall to me.

Another fluffed weekend by ferrari. Massive lost opportunity but good to see they salvaged 3rd.

Great, mature race by max.

Mr mediocre (77) was on point.

Good result for Alonso.

Leclerc will be a really interesting proposition in a ferrari. Great drive from him.

Overall fairly boring race though.

Man of Honour
I think Leclerc in the Ferrari will be like when Hamilton first joined mclaren. He is going to be a weapon. Seems to have a great head on him, buts let’s see how he handles the pressure.

Just watched the team radio. I forgot about Ferrari mishearing Lewis saying his tyres are still good and translating it into, not much left on them. Shocking. Even Vettel thought better of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Vettel not getting the rub of the green this season, still fancy Merc to have reliability and engine issues and vettel to pip ham at last race weekend to title number 5... Can't wait for the tears! Also, vettel to school Leclerc next season to title 6!

Man of Honour
Vettel not getting the rub of the green this season, still fancy Merc to have reliability and engine issues and vettel to pip ham at last race weekend to title number 5... Can't wait for the tears! Also, vettel to school Leclerc next season to title 6!

Pretty much every time Vettel's dropped points this season it has been his own fault. No rub of the green involved.

Back
Top Bottom