• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** GEFORCE RTX 2080 NOW IN STOCK, ORDER FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY!! **

Associate
Spiderman 2018. God of War. Horizon Zero Dawn. Last Of Us. Last of Us 2. Bloodborne. GT Sport. Infamous. Shadow of the Colossus. Uncharted 4. Uncharted Lost legacy. And so on, and so on, and so on. And you can even add Red Dead Redemption 2 for the next 2-3 years (and if it ends up like RDR1, then "forever", to that list.)

Which £200 GPU can all those great games be experienced on? :p
Well put. :D
I play all those games as well as PC games. Enjoying the PC hobby and gaming experience shouldn't stop you from enjoying console games.

Permabanned
£750 seems to be going rate for these atm.

Once they drop below £700 I'll probably pick one up, until then I'll just keep waiting.

Not impressed by benchmarks but I think as new games support the new features, the performance gap will get bigger so probably worth it over a 1080Ti.

But there are no games supporting them yet, so no rush.

Caporegime
Spiderman 2018. God of War. Horizon Zero Dawn. Last Of Us. Last of Us 2. Bloodborne. GT Sport. Infamous. Shadow of the Colossus. Uncharted 4. Uncharted Lost legacy. And so on, and so on, and so on. And you can even add Red Dead Redemption 2 for the next 2-3 years (and if it ends up like RDR1, then "forever", to that list.)

If you are really a fan of games, and not frame-rates and benchmarks then multi-platform gaming is definately the way to go.

For the same price as a 2080 RTX you can buy a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X.

For the same price as a 2080 Ti you can buy those consoles and 7 or 8 console games to go with!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If you are really a fan of games, and not frame-rates and benchmarks then multi-platform gaming is definately the way to go.

For the same price as a 2080 RTX you can buy a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X.

For the same price as a 2080 Ti you can buy those consoles and 7 or 8 console games to go with!

Yep. I always have a Nintendo console for their exclusives. PS4 is starting to build up a nice library of exclusives I have yet to play. Usually I borrow my friends PS4, but I may just grab one on the cheap at some point or wait for the PS5 and play them then.

Associate

Didn't bother with the X, as my GTX970 outperforms it. And the X games can be run on Windows 10 anyway. :D

So, PS4Pro @ £300. That leaves £1000 (or thereabouts) for games. I get all my games of The Bay, always 6 months+ after release, so you get all the patches/fixes. Average purchase price has been less than £20 per game. So, for the price of a GTX2080Ti, that's a PS4Pro and 50 great games. It was a no-brainer for me (and I've not found 30 fps to be an issue when playing with a controller - and of course some of the stuff runs at 60 fps anyhow: Last Of Us remastered, GT Sport, Diablo 3, etc.)

I'll be sitting on the sidelines until 2020 (PS5, X-BOX Scarlet, AMD @7nm, Intel discrete cards.)

I've always been "green team", but Nvidia has simply gone nuts these days. :D

Soldato
There is no rush for these cards. No games really using the features.

Plus RT at 1080p on a 2080ti. No thanks.

Give me RT at my native 1440p res on a 2080 and I'll bite at a reasonable price.

Caporegime
Didn't bother with the X, as my GTX970 outperforms it. And the X games can be run on Windows 10 anyway.

You talk sense, but i'm fairly sure your GTX970 doesn't outperform it an Xbox One X at 4K HDR....

For a start the GTX 970 is rated for 3.9 Terraflops and the XBox One X is 6 Terraflops. That's an increase of 54%

Also it only has 3.5GB Ram (and 500mb of slow ram) whereas the Xbox One X has access to 12GB GGDR5 (though this is shared with the system)

Associate
So now initial pre-orders have shipped and some probably been returned to the warehouse, do we all just sit and twiddle out thumbs for a bit and wait for some sensible prices to happen? :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Any deals on the 1080ti @Gibbo ? :)

MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £619.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/MSI-...DR5X-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-34F-MS.html

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING 11G, Core Clock: 1506MHz, Boost Clock: 1620MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11016MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty

Only £619.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

There you go, it ends 9am tomorrow. We've done 48 so far today since 9am, if our stock starts to get low we won't be repeating the deal again.

Soldato
You talk sense, but i'm fairly sure your GTX970 doesn't outperform it an Xbox One X at 4K HDR....

For a start the GTX 970 is rated for 3.9 Terraflops and the XBox One X is 6 Terraflops. That's an increase of 54%

Also it only has 3.5GB Ram (and 500mb of slow ram) whereas the Xbox One X has access to 12GB GGDR5 (though this is shared with the system)

But the consoles use shared resources. That's 6 terraflops and 12gb for everything, not just graphics.

It's about the equivalent to a low-mid end gaming PC from about 5 years ago, not very high spec.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
It was 600 last week. Glad I got in early on my aorus.

I'm not regretting not buying a 2080..honest.

Yep was the initial deal, won't be doing it that low again, after today if we do another shall probably be around £639.99, the demand is absolutely huge for them and the supply is now all dried up. :)

Soldato

I'm obviously talking about non-exclusives. If you want to add exclusives let's be very real, the PC wipes the floor with any PS from any time period ever in terms of both numbers and quality.

Caporegime
But the consoles use shared resources. That's 6 terraflops and 12gb for everything, not just graphics.

It's about the equivalent to a low-mid end gaming PC from about 5 years ago, not very high spec.

It's pretty high spec for £400 though

Doubt you could build a PC as good from scratch for that, particularly one that also plays 4k Blu-rays.

Back
Top Bottom