Associate
GN tests don't mean anything to me (WC). Cases have too many variables to test them in one "out of the box" configuration and compare all together on one chart. What if I have WC loop and case fans are useless for radiators? (not saying phanteks are as they are great) thermals on the chart might be great but once installing rad it's an oven. Case reviews should have tests with one type of fans that is good for airflow and radiators, like ML (eg 2 intakes, 1 out) and compare on one chart capabilities of the chassis itself. Then they could include chart with AC setup and with one radiator setup (even AIO). They could include out of the box tests just to show if included fans are good for anything (in comparison to default one type of fan). What if included fans are so crap that case on their chart is really low but, case itself is not bad in cooling, just fans.

The GN case reviews are very comprehensive and they look at the different variables such as fan placements and whilst no review is perfect they are my go to site for independent hardware reviews. If I only ever watched two tech YouTube channels then that would be one with Linus Tech Tips just for the fun factor.

OcUK Staff
Associate
Back now, and yes, more stock in now, along with the following: -

Phanteks 220mm Premium Shielded High Speed PCI-E x16 Riser Cable 90 Degree Adapter @ £35.99 inc VAT

220mm Premium Riser Cable, supports PCI-E 3.0, premium shielding

Only £35.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Phanteks 600mm Premium Shielded High Speed PCI-E x16 Riser Cable 90 Degree Adapter @ £52.99 inc VAT

600mm Premium Riser Cable, supports PCI-E 3.0, premium shielding

Only £52.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

What is the difference between these and the other versions of the phanteks riser cable? Aside from the length differences i mean.

Like this one

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...-riser-cable-90-degree-adapter-cm-02l-pt.html

Soldato
So migrated my builds to the new Evolv X and WOW!! What a case! So much space, love the cable management and so easy to work with. The only thing missing (which was seen in the initial release) was the magnetic covers for the drop vents. Are these supposed to be included?

Soldato
You mean for the top panel when a rad is used in the roof?
If so it's in where your hard drive cages are.

I thought so but will check again, didn't have anything when I looked last night. Just need 1 blanking plate for front most gap. Other than that, I love it. All lightbars working, phanteks RGB kit installed but unsure on it atm - will have to give it a while and see how it goes. Oh, and don't use the stock front 140s, they're pathetic for moving air lol. Had to put my Vipers back in.

Soldato
Its quite easy to miss as its flat and blends in a bit,replaced my case fans with 5 corsair 140mm ML red leds got a good deal for them on the mm,runs nice and quiet and still pushes a good bit of air and when the hot summer comes back i can take them up to 2000 rpm :D

Soldato
I do however have an issue with this case - While the cable covers enable you to mount SSDs, I don't feel that SATA cables are appropriate to use. The straight ones fit, but when closing the covers it's putting pressure on the drives connector - which is asking for it to be damaged. You also can't use 90deg ones as they're going the wrong way. I feel it needs either:

a. Central sata adapter
b. 90deg adapter but doing up not down

That way, you're releasing the pressure on the drives connector. The left hand cover is worse than the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom