**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
What? I hate the notch too, but don't go saying it offers nothing. Looking at my xl 2 right now, the centre of the notifications is blank with content in the sides, so if that was pushed up the phone, I'd have more space.

This. I don't really understand everyone saying it's done because it's trendy? It's done because everyone is trying to squeeze as much screen real estate as possible out of the screen. I agree this one does look a bit large, I agree it would make much more sense if they had a smaller chin, but it does serve a purpose.

People seem to be a little bitter about it having a notch and the pricing...

Soldato
It was however I scrolled down and there was a 25gb packaged doubled data to 50gb for 43 a month solid no Upfront and no cashback redemption. I've just gone back on to look and the offer I got has now been removed the cheapest is now £48 I think they made an error and the offer I got should have had a cashback redemption.

Still showing for me....and I'm tempted

Soldato
This. I don't really understand everyone saying it's done because it's trendy? It's done because everyone is trying to squeeze as much screen real estate as possible out of the screen. I agree this one does look a bit large, I agree it would make much more sense if they had a smaller chin, but it does serve a purpose.

People seem to be a little bitter about it having a notch and the pricing...

Pricings high, but to be honest.....I use my phone more than anything so I guess it's ok at the end of the day. Now Google have confirmed you can black out the sides of the notch makes it even more appealing.
Just need to decide if I fancy a smaller handset, or a bigger one....Mmmmmm

I'm off into town this morning to see if anyone has them on display. Need to see both in the flesh.

Soldato
Still showing for me....and I'm tempted
I'm on holiday and can't test in person didn't want to miss out. As its not showing for me anymore I'd assume its limited in which case I'm glad I didn't miss out. £43 for a new Google flagship with that airtime contract is phenomenal when looking at the device cost. Let me know what you think to them in the shop more so the reg 3 please :)

Associate
What are the official cases like? I cracked my Reg Pixel 1 glass thinking it was in my pocket and let go, now I need a case I think. Im on O2 but I'm annoyed with them that they don't support Pixel for WiFi Calling so I need to go EE as I can get 20% discount.

Last edited:
That is because Google decided to do that in readiness for the notch, (Oreo update if memory serves) you now get that daft dot to say you have more notifications rather than just showing you. THAT is a waste of space. ;)

I remember when notifications would go all the way over to the clock.

They still do. Perhaps you don't get much variety but I will often have 3 text icons, WhatsApp, 2 email icons, and allo filling up my notifications.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Interesting. I'm sure I have more than 4 but will wait until the morning as that's when I'm filled up due to not dealing with them while asleep.

Tbh I do prefer the newer style. My mums phone is filled. It's so ugly and pointless when it's at that stage. She doesn't see missed calls etc

Correct you are. Only 4 then a dot. Meh is still much nicer to have it this way, but the notch unfortunately will mean what, 1 notification then a dot? Seems stupid.

I wish I could decide more what I want from the top line as I hide Bluetooth and WiFi icons as they are pointless, WiFi is obvious if you have it as the 4g goes from network, alarm clock is not needed either so I just have battery and phone signal. That space could be better used, with a clock say :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Correct you are. Only 4 then a dot. Meh is still much nicer to have it this way, but the notch unfortunately will mean what, 1 notification then a dot? Seems stupid.

I wish I could decide more what I want from the top line as I hide Bluetooth and WiFi icons as they are pointless, WiFi is obvious if you have it as the 4g goes from network, alarm clock is not needed either so I just have battery and phone signal. That space could be better used, with a clock say :D
You can pick and choose with a OnePlus device. Which is what I'm looking at next. Though I highly expect the camera to be lacking as always.

Back
Top Bottom