**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
I didn't get the voucher offer either. But then I preordered while the event was still on, so before they looked to send the voucher out. I guess no need to incentivise me if I've already pre-ordered :(

Associate
No £75 vouchers for me either :(

Not pre ordered yet

Can't see it on Amazon (I have vouchers for Amazon). Would make the phone a little less expensive for me lol

Soldato
I've just come back from the EE store. The shop assistant kindly unboxed both the regular and XL pixel 3 so I could have a play. Well......and remember this is my own personal opinion,

The regular pixel is head and shoulders above the XL. It feels so nice in the hand.

1. The notch is hideous. In real life I had hoped it wouldn't look as bad as it does, in actual fact it looks worse. Gallery, GMail, Maps all look stupid.
2. Despite the smaller model having a lower resolution panel and slightly lower DPI, it looks the better of the two. The screens are both stunning, but somehow the regular one looks better. Samsung good!
3. White is the better colour choice. It looks more premium. The black one, with having the black trim and black ports looks too much. It reminds me of the all black s8. kinda cheap in a way.
4. The rear feels good. Really good. Silky smooth...so nice.
5. The wide selfie camera is pretty good, but don't expect to take photos of large groups of people. It's wider, but not that wide.

Something I did notice, and I can't quite put my finger on it....but my oneplus 5T felt faster somehow. It was weird, but the 5T feels snappier...not that the pixel is slow, but something feels off.

Major point.....despite what google says on twitter the notch CAN'T be hidden. I spent 10mins going through all the settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just come back from the EE store. The shop assistant kindly unboxed both the regular and XL pixel 3 so I could have a play. Well......and remember this is my own personal opinion,

The regular pixel is head and shoulders above the XL. It feels so nice in the hand.

1. The notch is hideous. In real life I had hoped it wouldn't look as bad as it does, in actual fact it looks worse. Gallery, GMail, Maps all look stupid.
2. Despite the smaller model having a lower resolution panel and slightly lower DPI, it looks the better of the two. The screens are both stunning, but somehow the regular one looks better. Samsung good!
3. White is the better colour choice. It looks more premium. The black one, with having the black trim and black ports looks too much. It reminds me of the all black s8. kinda cheap in a way.

Major point.....despite what google says on twitter the notch CAN'T be hidden. I spent 10mins going through all the settings.
Verryy happy to read that. Does it have blue shift? Also I'm assuming you have the 5T like me.. How does it compare and does it look too small?

Soldato
Verryy happy to read that. Does it have blue shift? Also I'm assuming you have the 5T like me.. How does it compare and does it look too small?

I've just added a line about the 5T......There are pros and cons. Oh google, what could have been!

Didn't notice much blue shift on the XL, but with both phones using the same display profile the smaller one looked the more stable of the two. The larger display did seem to be a bit muted.

The regular pixel is definately the galaxy s8 of the pixel world, in both looks and display. In fact, I'd say the rear of the pixel is the best looking rear of any phone!

Of course, as much praise as I've given the smaller one, there is no getting away that the bigger screen has it plus points in the fact that....well, everything is bigger.

Right......mind made up. I'm off to order the regular white on that o2 deal posted earlier. It's really, realllyyyyy nice :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've just added a line about the 5T......There are pros and cons. Oh google, what could have been!

Didn't notice much blue shift on the XL, but with both phones using the same display profile the smaller one looked the more stable of the two. The larger display did seem to be a bit muted.

The regular pixel is definately the galaxy s8 of the pixel world, in both looks and display. In fact, I'd say the rear of the pixel is the best looking rear of any phone!

Of course, as much praise as I've given the smaller one, there is no getting away that the bigger screen has it plus points in the fact that....well, everything is bigger.

Right......mind made up. I'm off to order the regular white on that o2 deal posted earlier. It's really, realllyyyyy nice :)

That is why I love the GS 8 so much, so much screen (5.8") in such a small body!

Even if it weren't for the notch of the 3xl, I still wouldn't get it purely because of the ridiculous size.

Soldato
I'm an iPhone user myself but I think the Pixel 3 looks really nice. They went a bit OTT with the notch as it looks massive (I say this as someone who had the X and now have a XS Max) but other than that, it looks like a really smart phone. I'm a fan of the Just Black model.

That Call Screening looked fantastic. Really hope Apple copies that in iOS.

V_R

V_R

Soldato

5. The wide selfie camera is pretty good, but don't expect to take photos of large groups of people. It's wider, but not that wide.

Something I did notice, and I can't quite put my finger on it....but my oneplus 5T felt faster somehow. It was weird, but the 5T feels snappier...not that the pixel is slow, but something feels off.

Interesting. I'll be doing the same and this is pretty much what I expected. The 3 looks like its the one to go for if you are buying. IMO.

Soldato
It was however I scrolled down and there was a 25gb packaged doubled data to 50gb for 43 a month solid no Upfront and no cashback redemption. I've just gone back on to look and the offer I got has now been removed the cheapest is now £48 I think they made an error and the offer I got should have had a cashback redemption.

Looks like the offer has indeed been replaced or amended, but you can still find it by clicking through another way. Managed to order it :)

Plus if the £42 quidco tracks I'll be very happy...and six months music ;)

Soldato
This is what I've been saying for the past couple of years. Why won't phone manufacturers realise that people's hands are only so big and trying to force every new phone to be >6" tall and >3" wide is just stupid. It's just common sense that a phone <6" tall and <3" wide is going to be way more comfortable to hold, and use.

I hope the 3XL dies a death personally. That notch and that size is just no good.

Back
Top Bottom