Show us your kitty cats

Associate
Very cute :)

Do you have to wash him regularly? I very nearly ended up with a Rex (couldn't decide between Cornish or Devon, both ultimately lovely kitties); the idea was vetoed tho as I wasn't the only one with a say in the matter :p And the other party said they looked horrid :( :( :( Some people...
Wash a cat? Haha, they've never been bathed by a hooman, but they're pretty good at cleaning themselves. Vet's never made any comments about it. They do shed quite a lot and the loose hair comes out on your hands as you pet them and they feel very different to the norm; their fur is very soft and you can stroke them either way without bringing any wrath :p.

Both been through a bit. Ziggy (white) was hit by a car years ago and needed expensive surgery on her leg. Rageh (brown) had hypothyroidism and went away to the vets for a couple weeks a few years ago for radioactive iodine treatment. He was on the pills for a while and just continued getting worse (skinny and very thin fur), but since the treatment he improved a lot and been lively as ever.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wash a cat? Haha, they've never been bathed by a hooman, but they're pretty good at cleaning themselves. Vet's never made any comments about it. They do shed quite a lot and the loose hair comes out on your hands as you pet them and they feel very different to the norm; their fur is very soft and you can stroke them either way without bringing any wrath :p.
Ah back when I was researching different breeds, it seemed that Rex cats might need the odd bath (as Sphynx kitties most certainly do). Or maybe I'm just confused (it was a while ago...)

Associate
@FoxEye :p
61hYb34RxjL._SL500_.jpg

Soldato
The Cat lol we call him Snicket
we are not sure what kind he is or maybe hes a cross of other breebs maybe Forrest Cat, Siberian Snow Cat or MC, he seems to have a little of all three , hes around 8Kilos, also he behaves like a little Dog too...follows you everywhere asks to go out but you have to go with him and when you come back inside he follows you back inside lol

yojF7zU.jpg

Soldato
I think Ronnie has a backup food supplier - He went out last night after eating a few pellets - He came in this morning and had bit of fish and a few pellets. - Went up to the Summerhouse to do a job and there on floor was biggest load of sick I have ever seen - I didn't feed him all that - Thank god we have vynal on floor so it was a quick wipe up.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If any of you guys have cats that need brushing, collect all the fur from it and roll it into a ball. You cat will probably love it because all cats are narcissistic ******** and love the scent of their own fur. Mine loves batting them around, biting them and generally goes a bit nuts for them.

Associate
I'm asking a question for a friend.

She got a cat a few months ago, who was a stray. The vets believe she is about 18 months old.
She is a very cautious and scared of new people. Even though she has access to the outside, she prefer to stay indoor.

She was wondering if it would be a good idea to get another, since she works a 9-5 job, to see if it would help with her shyness and maybe make her more outgoing.

Recently 2 male kittens have become available. Would be better to get 1 kitten or both of them?

Soldato

She got a cat a few months ago, who was a stray. The vets believe she is about 18 months old.
She is a very cautious and scared of new people. Even though she has access to the outside, she prefer to stay indoor.

She was wondering if it would be a good idea to get another, since she works a 9-5 job, to see if it would help with her shyness and maybe make her more outgoing.

Recently 2 male kittens have become available. Would be better to get 1 kitten or both of them?

You cannot guarantee that the new addition and your cat will get along is one issue.
Many many cats are more than happy with their own company.
As for the shyness etc that may or may not improve over time all I would say is make a fuss of her often as you can.

Soldato
Our Holly is a rescue cat - she was at the rescue center for 12 months before we had her - The lady there said she never pushed herself so was never adopted but she is a shy cat - She is really a house cat - only goes out when we do but soon runs back to the back door - a few years ago Ronnie started coming round to us and he is now adopted but it took Holly a year or so to get comfortable with him - He would love to play with her - running around playing tag but she won't have it - she now tolerates him and walks by him daring him to say something as she is Queen of the house - If anyone comes Holly will come to investigate and will tolerate petting but over all she is a lonely cat - sleeps on bed and everything but we often wonder wouldn't it be nice if she just joined in.

412066362.jpg

412067836.jpg

Soldato

I have two male cats, one is 6 months older than the other. Rescue cats from the same house.

One is so friendly and loves to cuddle in to us and the other is so timid but in recent years has let us pet him and sometimes sits with us.

The two of them get on so well together and always cleaning each other and cuddling up to each other. However Sky the older one is getting grumpier and just loves to snuggle in or lay about the house. TJ will try to wind him up or get him to chase him or have a carry on, it either ends up in a big fight or he just gets up and walks off to lay somewhere else.

But as for getting another cat to introduce, there is no guarantee they will get on at all.

Soldato
Does anyone have a recommendation for a collapsible cat carrier?

Our 2 (5yo, 1 MC cross) have outgrown the single larger carrier we have so looking for individual carriers that are easy to store in the house in case of emergency.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They are by nature solitary animals.
Lots of evidence showing this isn't the case.

Farm cats often exist in colonies. Helping to rear each other's young, etc. Not just farm cats; there are multiple examples of cats living together and being extremely social.

It might be true to say that cats with no relation to each other are less likely to be social.

Back
Top Bottom