What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Borbet are fine. Very popular in the classic BMW scene. Though I personally dislike most of them.

Popular in classic Volvo land too, especially the sportier classics, 240 Turbos and 480 Turbos etc. Nothing wrong with Borbet at all. Have to agree with Acme though, not seen any I like!

Transmission breaker
Don
I ripped out, and topped up the fluid in my boot closing/opening pump in the 7 series. The opening by hand was annoying me, as it was slow pushing against the hydraulic system.
3 main bits of trim, unbolt the pump, turn it upside down, remove the reservoir, remove and replace the fluid with new Aeroshell Fluid 41 (BMW sell it in tiny amounts for a lot of money) which you can buy cheaply direct from shell, even on Amazon! Re-fit the resevoir, bolt in the pump, and re-fit the trim. :D

Associate
Fitted a set of 15" Borbet wheels (yeah I haven't heard of them either) to the 172, bought for £200 as they had NS-2R's on so for the price of a new set of 4 tyres we now have a spare set of wheels with used ones!
Now saving £20 a tyre dropping to the lower size :)

chrome_2018-10-13_18-35-56.jpg

Looks like ice cream all over the floor. :D

Soldato
In all seriousness though it's a styling nod back to Japanese 70's (Think Datsun Z) and 80's coupes (AE86 etc) who used louvres as a way to keep the sun out of the cabin due to the long sloping rear windows. It's not to everyones taste I know, they're very much a Marmite kind of thing. But it's my car, and I like them. :)

Back
Top Bottom