What have you done to your car today?

Associate
I need this doing. But not sure a 200cell would pass an MOT... a 400cell possibly
If it can be removed then go for the highest possible on a turbo car, if you do the above it may just fall off accidentally ;) Luckily my e-manage ultimate can be disconnected so I go back to standard fuelling on stock ECU. But still wont pass as it's a 1999 import even tho the engine is from 1989 when engines were small capacity and made insane power.

Last edited:
Soldato
The other day I managed to spill some drink in my heated/cooled seat buttons. I cleaned it up as best I could and sprayed some contact cleaner in just in case, but the next morning I had some weird stuff going on - like one red and one blue light permanently lit on the passenger side and both passenger and driver's side buttons unresponsive. I took the button panel out and took it apart and there was quite a bit of liquid in there so I dried it and cleaned it all up again with contact cleaner. That gave me a functional driver's side, no lights lit on passenger side, but unfortunately no activity on passenger side either.

Obviously this meant the button panel had to be replaced, but a brand new one for a MK4 Mondeo was a ridiculous £130 and I couldn't seem to find any used ones at the time. I managed to get hold of a MK3 Mondeo one for £28 which is exactly the same assembly but has green backlit LEDs whereas everything in the MK4 is red, which gave me this:

before.jpg

Unfortunately while it's a minor thing, there was no way I could put up with those being the only green backlit LEDs in the car, so I cracked both button panels open and took the soldering iron to them to swap the LEDs around. I now have this:

after.jpg

Half an hour's effort and £102 saving. I'll take that.

Associate
Current state of engine lol. Cant wait to get this 1.5L forged engine built up! 9,000RPM high lift intake & exhaust on a 1.5 with forged internals (the stock con-rods in the pic can take 1.4 Bar all day long)

3ybnmmL.jpg

Crank need's a damn good polish tho (still well within spec, Number 1 - 3 bearings all across from main 1 to 5; standard bearings @ 87,000 miles).
E5aD0m3.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
That crank looks like its seen better days Previous owner forget to put oil in for a bit? :p

9000RPM with boost will be awesome.

8300RPM N/A is cool enough in the Corolla tbh.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Associate
That crank looks like its seen better days Previous owner forget to put oil in for a bit? :p

9000RPM with boost will be awesome.

8300RPM N/A is cool enough in the Corolla tbh.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Think I'd want another crank to be honest.

Also... sexy welds above!
It's going off to be machined & ground .25 undersize. Most of the marks are just oil staining. Also not going to run 9000 rpm, probably just go to 7500. ;)

Back
Top Bottom