Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Good tip
When killing animals take them to the town over not nearest you get better prices as long as their fresh enough. Specially good for pelts

You mean the second closest town from me to get better prices.

I always wonder if I should skin them first before I take them to town to sell, not sure if it makes any difference or not?

Only sold a 3 star rated deer in Valentine at the butchers that I did not skin and got $7 dollars. Maybe I should skin it and sell meat to butcher and sell the pelt elsewhere in town if that possible to get a bit extra?

Soldato
What’s the best way to make money? Skins seem to only fetch a few dollars and only being able to carry one large one at a time seems incredibly slow to ride back and forth to sell them.

Caporegime
Racked up a $300 bounty and locked down Valentine yesterday.

All because some idiot walked in front of my horse as I was riding through.

I got off, had a first fight, beat him into the mud, then it all kicks off, my horse runs off because I didn't stick him on the post, I thought it just try and hide rather than run away.

DON'T TRY TO HIDE! The npc will just find you. It's not like GTA were you could just hide around some buildings in an alley or something.

I attempted to hide in the bedroom of the saloon that didn't work.

I didn't actually have any weapons so the first lawman that walked up the stairs into the room I had to knife him and picked up his gun. And then it just escalated from there. I think 6 were spawning at a time and arriving ridiculously quickly so I didn't have enough time to get out the balcony and try and run... plus when the bodies started piling up in the bedroom door and the door to the balcony / stairs outside the game was just losing its head.

npc bodies started to float, limbs just flying everyone, the doors shaking, when the new lawmen were trying to walk over the bodies to get me all sorts started going on and the game just ground to a halt. I did manage to make a run for it but the game was so laggy I couldn't actually get onto my horse and then j just ended up getting battered by a load of them.

I probably should have just let them kill me when the bounty was at $20.

Oh well. Lesson learnt, don't hide just run and don't try and hold out it doesn't end well. No I'm going to be very poor!

Soldato
Racked up a $300 bounty and locked down Valentine yesterday.

All because some idiot walked in front of my horse as I was riding through.

I got off, had a first fight, beat him into the mud, then it all kicks off, my horse runs off because I didn't stick him on the post, I thought it just try and hide rather than run away.

DON'T TRY TO HIDE! The npc will just find you. It's not like GTA were you could just hide around some buildings in an alley or something.

I attempted to hide in the bedroom of the saloon that didn't work.

I didn't actually have any weapons so the first lawman that walked up the stairs into the room I had to knife him and picked up his gun. And then it just escalated from there. I think 6 were spawning at a time and arriving ridiculously quickly so I didn't have enough time to get out the balcony and try and run... plus when the bodies started piling up in the bedroom door and the door to the balcony / stairs outside the game was just losing its head.

npc bodies started to float, limbs just flying everyone, the doors shaking, when the new lawmen were trying to walk over the bodies to get me all sorts started going on and the game just ground to a halt. I did manage to make a run for it but the game was so laggy I couldn't actually get onto my horse and then j just ended up getting battered by a load of them.

I probably should have just let them kill me when the bounty was at $20.

Oh well. Lesson learnt, don't hide just run and don't try and hold out it doesn't end well. No I'm going to be very poor!

Dude, as frustrating as all of that was, it sounds flippin' amazing! Read this back to yourself and you'll realise that you're describing a scene from a Western movie that would be absolutely epic. You've literally just created your own Western movie scene content by accident. What an awesome way to go out!

Soldato
What’s the best way to make money? Skins seem to only fetch a few dollars and only being able to carry one large one at a time seems incredibly slow to ride back and forth to sell them.

I have no idea. I'm shocking at all of that. I spent ages trying to hunt and skin, got a bunch of skins but then invariably I end up wandering into a situation that screws me over and I die. Then when you respawn on your horse, the skins are gone ffs! I spent what felt like an hour last night searching for "Pristine" animals to kill and skin, ended up with three after ages of riding around, and then walked right into a camp of gang members that owned me.

I'd probably say focus less on making money, and just go out and do whatever you fancy doing. You'll be having fun and the money will come right enough. There's so much to see and do in the world. I wandered off quite a way and ended up coming down a hillside pass and into a valley with a river flowing through it. Christ, that was a beautiful sight. I can't imagine what it must look like at 1080p or 4k. I just roamed around there hunting game. I just lost myself in the immersive environment and it was glorious.

Associate
Ok, so had friday - sat - sun on the game. and im probably half way through chapter 5? 48% total game completion according to the main menu.

For me the game DOES NOT live up to the hype, dont get me wrong it's a good game. I would not say its amazing or ground breaking. For me i am enjoying the new assassins creed more than red dead and at times felt quite bored.

The graphics on standard ps4 are nothing to shout home about either, again i got more "wow" moments from assassins creed.

I find it quite annoying having to spend 70% of my total play time traveling on my horse to the next location, especially once you progress further and have to go from one end of the map to the other, though i do now have the "fast travel" feature from camp which i have yet to try. Story is "meh" again zero "wow" moments or anything that has stood out for me other than a side mission involving the circus which i found quite funny.

Nothing against the game, but i would not tell any one to rush out and buy it at full £50 price.

*edit* The shows you can watch at the theater are very entertaining

Soldato
Ok, so had friday - sat - sun on the game. and im probably half way through chapter 5? 48% total game completion according to the main menu.

For me the game DOES NOT live up to the hype, dont get me wrong it's a good game. I would not say its amazing or ground breaking. For me i am enjoying the new assassins creed more than red dead and at times felt quite bored.

The graphics on standard ps4 are nothing to shout home about either, again i got more "wow" moments from assassins creed.

I find it quite annoying having to spend 70% of my total play time traveling on my horse to the next location, especially once you progress further and have to go from one end of the map to the other, though i do now have the "fast travel" feature from camp which i have yet to try. Story is "meh" again zero "wow" moments or anything that has stood out for me other than a side mission involving the circus which i found quite funny.

Nothing against the game, but i would not tell any one to rush out and buy it at full £50 price.

*edit* The shows you can watch at the theater are very entertaining

I'm a lot further back in the game but I'd have to agree that I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I think as you intimated that in the pursuit of realism it errs on the side of being a tad boring in parts, but then real life can be boring I guess. The NPC and world interactions are impressive and make it feel alive but the pacing does feel very slow. The new AC is a lot more cookie cutter rinse and repeat but having put about 35 hours into that and around 15 in RD2 so far I'd have to say I had a lot more fun in AC.

Soldato

Do the story :D You get a lot more money through a few "heist" type missions, I think once you get far enough it starts unlocking them as activities in camp.

Caporegime
The game can be rather boring at times and a lot of the tasks are tiresome but on the whole it is a fun relaxing game and I love the western setting..... Thankfully they didn't go with dialogue like the witcher 3 etc. that would have been an instant snore fest for me right there!

Turns out running the game in 1080P (forcing through console) with SS off for the ps 4 pro gives a sharper image......

Trying to hold of playing this until R* fix it! Hopefully get something this week as I imagine Sony will be hammering them right now about the issues with the ps 4 pro version.

Caporegime
I think people being bored of it is just a reflection of our fast paced society and must have everything now. The pacing is absolutely fine imo and I'm someone who rarely plays single player titles and much prefers instant action multiplayer stuff.

Soldato
I think people being bored of it is just a reflection of our fast paced society and must have everything now. The pacing is absolutely fine imo and I'm someone who rarely plays single player titles and much prefers instant action multiplayer stuff.

Yes I agree, I have no issue with it being slower - especially as the first was similar.

Associate
I like the slow pace, the voice acting and script has been top class so far, the music and sound effects are excellent, the graphics are great most of the time bar the odd glitch (PS4 pro lgb7).
Stuck at work now can't wait to get back to me camp lol.
Personally I think it's great the only thing I don't like is the controls, it seems rockstar will never master those. If it had any of the naughty dog games controls it'd be a 10/10.

Back
Top Bottom