Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Caporegime
Soldato
With open world games I tend to wander off and explore but doing so in this game takes things to another level. Last night for example I headed north west and found a lagoon which was completely frozen over. I rode across it and could hear the subtle creaking of the ice from the surround speakers, it was a fantastic. This game has it's issues for sure, plenty of them in fact, but the positives far outweigh them, really enjoying the experience so far.

Treasure hunts... They aren't easy?! They certainly make you work for them! Any (spoiler free) tips from people further in?

Soldato
Played for 2 hours saturday had a headache since then. The ps4 pro version on a 4k tv is a blur to me i cant focus on it, why cant we just have a clean crisp 1080p setting. Gow and horizon weren't like this.

This is definitely sounding like a TV settings issue and HDR.

First test is to disable HDR from the PS4 menu. You can drop out mid game to do this in situ.

Try your TV's dynamic preset if you have it to see if it improves. Also make sure all the TV processing to reduce motion blur, add intelligent frame creation etc is turned off.

It's also worth checking that HDR is turned on for your HDMI port. Some TVs need you to manually enable for each port or use specific ones.

Assuming you have done all that, as I noted in an earlier post I can't get one of my TVs to play without the HDR issue.

Associate
So I bought the cheapest horse ($15) from the stable in Valentine. I then bought the next one up which was supposed to be quite a bit faster and was I think $135. He doesn't seem any quicker, could it be because I got my first horse to level 4?

Caporegime
So I bought the cheapest horse ($15) from the stable in Valentine. I then bought the next one up which was supposed to be quite a bit faster and was I think $135. He doesn't seem any quicker, could it be because I got my first horse to level 4?

Yes, the stats increase on them as you level them up.

Soldato
I'm just mooching about in Valentine, going in all the shops, just wondering about, even watched a short movie at a show! The details are insane

Found a nice little Saloon (which I got a side mission for) and had a few beers and then played five finger fillet :cool:

Man of Honour
Is the HDR issue dependant on TVs? As HDR on and off is night and day for me, HDR just looks 10x better as you'd expect, struggling to see how people are saying the opposite

Soldato
Flogged my PS4 copy to someone at work. Picked up Xbox One X + F7 + FH4 + RDR2 bundle for 449 EUR.

Bank holiday weekend coming up and the other half is out of town. Sorted :)

Soldato
Can't get over how alive it feels. Random people feel more realised than in any other game.

Few questions regarding hunting/skinning.

I've been putting pelts on my horses bottom for quite some time but it doesn't let me take them off and in to my own inventory? So Am I right in assuming I have access to these pelts if I want to sell them etc even though they are still on my horses?

Do pelts eventually go bad?

Early in the game I can't really craft much, so is it best to just sell or donate everything until I can buy the tools, assuming holding on to skins too long causes them to go bad?

Thanks!

Soldato
Can't get over how alive it feels. Random people feel more realised than in any other game.

Few questions regarding hunting/skinning.

I've been putting pelts on my horses bottom for quite some time but it doesn't let me take them off and in to my own inventory? So Am I right in assuming I have access to these pelts if I want to sell them etc even though they are still on my horses?

Do pelts eventually go bad?

Early in the game I can't really craft much, so is it best to just sell or donate everything until I can buy the tools, assuming holding on to skins too long causes them to go bad?

Thanks!

If the pelt or carcass is on the horse you don't need to take it off. Either bring horse near the butcher or hitch as camp and speak to pearson. You can then sell/donate.

I think what funny is most have just started exploring as soon as coming out the snow. Which is what I did. The first few missions in the open world actually teach you things like this.

Soldato
If the pelt or carcass is on the horse you don't need to take it off. Either bring horse near the butcher or hitch as camp and speak to pearson. You can then sell/donate.

I think what funny is most have just started exploring as soon as coming out the snow. Which is what I did. The first few missions in the open world actually teach you things like this.

Thanks, thought it must be something like that!. I've done a fair few missions now, however there's lots to learn/take in that I keep forgetting certain mechanics :D

Love it

Back
Top Bottom