Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
guys I failed to kill the bear that attacked me early game on the mission with the old guy (don't ask, I panicked) , is that it? have a blown my chance with that "legendary" animal? if not any pointers please as to where to go to start hunting for it

thanks

Gee

Gee

Soldato
guys I failed to kill the bear that attacked me early game on the mission with the old guy (don't ask, I panicked) , is that it? have a blown my chance with that "legendary" animal? if not any pointers please as to where to go to start hunting for it

thanks

I didnt manage to kill it on my first try, but you can go back at any time to kill it for the pelt. If you lose it, it'll automatically go to the trapper

Caporegime

thanks

Once you've located a legendary animal it gets added to your map, so take a look the location should be on there.

Soldato
I don't want to keep going on about disguises and bounties etc, but it is just bizarrely done.

I just did a bank job as a mission and none of the other gang members put disguises on, they just walked straight through town saying hi to people before they did it, as did I because it was a cutscene. Of course I've got a massive bounty afterwards too. Doesn't make sense from a gameplay point of view. If we are supposed to do all that stuff to avoid being recognised and getting a bounty, they need to actually show it during their cutscenes at least!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I don't want to keep going on about disguises and bounties etc, but it is just bizarrely done.

I just did a bank job as a mission and none of the other gang members put disguises on, they just walked straight through town saying hi to people before they did it, as did I because it was a cutscene. Of course I've got a massive bounty afterwards too. Doesn't make sense from a gameplay point of view. If we are supposed to do all that stuff to avoid being recognised and getting a bounty, they need to actually show it during their cutscenes at least!

Just play the game and enjoy it man, stop nitpicking.

Associate
So a guy was getting beaten up in Valentine.. I go and intervene and then I get the law asking me to move along. So I do but next thing I am wanted for unarmed assault :eek: and then one thing leads to another and I manage to ride away on my horse... My horse gets shot and I roll for ages down this hill. I kill about 10 lawmen and now my bounty is nearly 200 dollars :cool: I manage to run in a river and cut them off.. I finally loose them and have to run miles to a post office to pay my bounty off... Then I get the train back to valentine to find my horse to revive him. Bloody hell! Next time I want intervene :D

Soldato
I gave up paying bounty’s I’m always wanted or someone is trying to kill me because I nudged them. I just kill anyone who annoys me now I gave up trying to be Mr nice guy.......

Associate
I gave up paying bounty’s I’m always wanted or someone is trying to kill me because I nudged them. I just kill anyone who annoys me now I gave up trying to be Mr nice guy.......

Liking this attitude,i had some bounty hunter's chase me,outran them all bar one,came to a bridge as the shots were whistling past,i went in the river,and the bounty hunter over the bridge,i was slower across of course,he let off a couple of shot's as i reached the bank,and as he reloaded i got my knife out,and killed him easily,loved it.

Caporegime
Interesting new video from Digital Foundry. Turns out if you play on a PS4 Pro @ 1080p, you're actually getting a pin sharp image with a totally solid 30fps (beating the X1X even though that is running at 4 times the pixel count).

Soldato
Interesting new video from Digital Foundry. Turns out if you play on a PS4 Pro @ 1080p, you're actually getting a pin sharp image with a totally solid 30fps (beating the X1X even though that is running at 4 times the pixel count).

Yep.

A few pages back, wife was watching British Bakeoff so I was forced off the 4K LG OLED in the lounge. Took PS4 pro, plugged it in to my 27" 1440p 144hz monitor from PC and played on that. PS defaulted to 1080p in settings, I turned on Supersampling and gotta say the image was far superior to on the 4k tv. Also, even though the game locked to 30fps, it felt much better in motion on my monitor. Don't know why that is as both screens would have been running 30fps. Freesync obviously wouldn't have been working, it just felt and looked way better than downstairs.

Caporegime
^^

Told ya ;) :p :D

Yep.

A few pages back, wife was watching British Bakeoff so I was forced off the 4K LG OLED in the lounge. Took PS4 pro, plugged it in to my 27" 1440p 144hz monitor from PC and played on that. PS defaulted to 1080p in settings, I turned on Supersampling and gotta say the image was far superior to on the 4k tv. Also, even though the game locked to 30fps, it felt much better in motion on my monitor. Don't know why that is as both screens would have been running 30fps. Freesync obviously wouldn't have been working, it just felt and looked way better than downstairs.

AFAIk, main thing is cause you don't have the botched checkerboarding enabled, which makes the motion more blurry too. Also, your monitor has a far higher PPI than the TV thus sharper looking display.

And that locked 30 fps will help big time too, may not seem much when fps drops to 27,28 etc. but that is quite the % drop from 30.

Soldato
Framerate is actually the reason I bought the Pro so it's nice to know it's locked at 30 on 1080p mode. Can't wait to pick the game up after I'm done with Odyssey, I think I'll get it with Yakuza Kiwami 2 and play both interchangeably.

Back
Top Bottom