Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

I've only been playing the game on my X at my mate's house on a 1080p TV so far. Will try it on my 4K when I get home later or tomorrow. My mate has just bought the PS4 version and has just fired it up on the regular PS4 and I have to say, I'm really quite impressed with how good it looks and runs on there. It doesn't look all that different to the X on the same 1080p TV, just a bit softer. I'm sure the difference will be more apparent when I finally get my X on my 4K TV though, but at 1080p, I am impressed.

You have to change all of your clothing and your horse? It doesn't tell you that anywhere, and if true, when do you change it all?!

I'm all for 'realism' to a point, but If you do have to do all that, it is just tedious.

If it's a dead or alive bounty, you should be able to pay it off at the Postmaster, but the price will change depending on how many you killed etc. You don't need to change your horse but changing your appearance would be a good shout. Even a haircut at a barbers would probably suffice. Don't make the mistake I made of paying $300 to get rid of the Blackwater one, it doesn't work as it's tied to the story.

Does the game warrant its 18 certificate ?

Arms, heads etc. blowing off in gunfights. There is 'some' nudity. Incest gangs and what not.

You have to change all of your clothing and your horse? It doesn't tell you that anywhere, and if true, when do you change it all?!

I'm all for 'realism' to a point, but If you do have to do all that, it is just tedious.
Wiki: "Wearing a mask is not always enough to hide your identity, if you're known in town people may be able to identify you from your clothing, your horse, or your custom weapons. Set up a "crime outfit" and don't wear it while you're out being a law-abiding citizen!"

Wiki: "Wearing a mask is not always enough to hide your identity, if you're known in town people may be able to identify you from your clothing, your horse, or your custom weapons. Set up a "crime outfit" and don't wear it while you're out being a law-abiding citizen!"

Remember you can store outfits on your horse and swap to them on the move, for example if you're moving to a colder climate.

Yeah you don't start up exactly where you were, but you should always be nearby at least. I don't think there's any indication when it autosaves but many things trigger it - missions, level ups, picking up items etc.

Also when you camp you might wake up few hundred meters away and not where you were. Which is annoying if it decides to camp you on top of the cliff if you were at the bottom. Straight line it might be pretty close but in reality it's 2-3min ride :)

How does saving work in this game? I just did a manual save and reloaded it and I was in some random place!? Why do I not continue exactly where I was

Does it also tell you when it autosaves?

I have been wondering this, I have always rested at camp or set up camp somewhere just to be sure its saved before I exit. I believe you can check when the last autosave was when going into menu and then story and click on load game, and the auto save will show a last saved time.

I guess the game doesn't want you going too far south too soon, I'm trying to do the satchel crafting and I assume the Iguana will be found as far south as possible, as soon as I go over the river past Blackwater you just get a gunshot sound and instadeath :( :confused:

I guess the game doesn't want you going too far south too soon, I'm trying to do the satchel crafting and I assume the Iguana will be found as far south as possible, as soon as I go over the river past Blackwater you just get a gunshot sound and instadeath :( :confused:

If you've met the Trapper yet, he can create you some upgraded satchels

Back
Top Bottom