NUS facing bankruptcy.

Soldato
https://order-order.com/2018/11/02/national-union-students-verge-bankruptcy/

That bastion of Social Justice, political activism and Youth Wing of the Corbyn Party, the NUS, has run out of money. They're now implementing emergency austerity measures.

This is different to the government's austerity measures, which they have been endlessly critical about, because the NUS's austerity measures are the result of not having any money and being in debt. Whereas the UK government has infinite money and no debt.

The NUS is a pioneer of such measures as banning gay men from being LGBT group leaders for not being oppressed enough, hiring Carter Ruck to protect Trans members who flashed their penis at people on a train and pushing Identity Politics at every single conceivable opportunity.

As per usual with the Left Wing, they ran out of other people's money.

Soldato
Lefties, SJW's, Corbynista's, Mao, Stalin, I get that the point of these threads is to partake in an anti-liberal orgy but can we focus on what actually matters please? Does this mean I won't get my free cheeseburger from McDonalds anymore? Honestly, I'm the only one who has my priorities straight in this place.

Soldato
OP
Lefties, SJW's, Corbynista's, Mao, Stalin, I get that the point of these threads is to partake in an anti-liberal orgy but can we focus on what actually matters please? Does this mean I won't get my free cheeseburger from McDonalds anymore? Honestly, I'm the only one who has my priorities straight in this place.

Taking your serious reply, seriously, it's only the National Union of Students. A local Students Union can actually decline to join it (and occasionally do), in which case they're free to negotiate their own discounts for things like beer, burgers and other student necessities. Sometimes at a better discount than the NUS appears to manage.

Soldato
Taking your serious reply, seriously, it's only the National Union of Students. A local Students Union can actually decline to join it (and occasionally do), in which case they're free to negotiate their own discounts for things like beer, burgers and other student necessities. Sometimes at a better discount than the NUS appears to manage.

Interesting I didn't know that. I have to say though I'm 33 and only managed to blag a NUS card as I'm taking a professional qualification through work, if anything i suspect I'm part of the problem. All those earnest young students trying to change the world and I'm just sat here hoovering up the free meat. I regret nothing.

Soldato
As they themselves state, they've suffered from a lack of clarity, direction and leadership, and income streams have not delivered as much as expected. They're now going to try and further borrow their way out of the current predicament.

Is this a metaphor for the wider nation given the right sequence of events, I wonder...

Back
Top Bottom