Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
I watched some videos and I don’t have the Park Pilot button, I just get the P come up on my dashboard, I press Ok on my wheel and put it in reverse and then it attempts to park. Whereas in the videos, people are pressing a button that brings up something to visually scan for spaces on the screen

Thats what mine does, it scans and displays the parking spots it detects that are suitable and you select which one you want. I dont bother using it at all though, tried it twice for the novelty which Ive got to say it did pretty well.

Soldato
Hoping someone has experience with the W204 (facelift - 2013 car) and streaming music via Bluetooth using Spotify (Android phone). I assume it's possible, but can you use the controls on the steering wheel to change track etc and does any track info get displayed on the interface screen?
If it’s anything like my 2012 you can control next/previous and it’ll display track info on the screen. You can’t use the interface to find a new playlist or anything like that. You need to plug in and use Apple Music to do things like that

Soldato
Thats what mine does, it scans and displays the parking spots it detects that are suitable and you select which one you want. I dont bother using it at all though, tried it twice for the novelty which Ive got to say it did pretty well.

The window of operation for Park Pilot is pretty narrow. It only works between 2 cars for either parallel or bay parking, and the space needs to be 1.5x the length of the car for parallel or 1.5x the width for bays - the latter meaning it’s useless in normal sized bays. The key thing is you need to drive past the space you want to park in - the back of the car needs to come past the space and detect the car that it’s going to reverse around. Also, if you want to park to the right you need to indicate to make it look on that side for a space. If you let it parallel park for you, it will also pull out of the space for you.

I only ever use it to show other people how it works. The reversing camera makes parking easy enough.

alx

alx

Soldato
If it’s anything like my 2012 you can control next/previous and it’ll display track info on the screen. You can’t use the interface to find a new playlist or anything like that. You need to plug in and use Apple Music to do things like that

Thanks, perfect.

Soldato
I only ever use it to show other people how it works. The reversing camera makes parking easy enough.
I think the only time mine has ever been used was by the salesman when I bought the car. It's a faff to get it to detect a space, and it's slow to figure out what adjustments it needs to make as you park. It's quicker and easier to just do it yourself.

Man of Honour
The screen and camera on mine are so good it makes parking in any space simple, not that I’ve ever struggled to be fair, but the camera is rather good day and night.

Associate
I think the only time mine has ever been used was by the salesman when I bought the car. It's a faff to get it to detect a space, and it's slow to figure out what adjustments it needs to make as you park. It's quicker and easier to just do it yourself.

I have a w212 and find the parallel parking very good. couldn't fault it. The bay parking isn't as consistent so I don't use it

Soldato
OP
Been a while!

So, I officially left the AMG club about a month ago when I sold my CLS and went for something a little different. It was a pretty enjoyable 5 years of ownership and has hopefully gone on to a good home. Still got the A180 so not left the Mercedes fold altogether - but it's not quite the same! :p

Soldato
There's a CLS63 for sale 10mins away from me. I'm going to see if I can take it for a test drive later this week. The interior and wheels aren't as nice as my CLS550 but it's got the 550bhp, 590lb/ft engine which mine doesn't have :)

I also gave a pothole a good whack last night and have put two pretty good dents in my passenger-side wheels (1 of which I had paid to have straightened a week ago)

Front:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7pqk1gqf0...0716.jpeg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m09gi03uv9...17-1.jpeg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n8dze4bqo...18-1.jpeg?dl=0

Rear:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/18z11f2d59...0722.jpeg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/votp5ybyrd...23-1.jpeg?dl=0

Crater:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/csl944no1i...HEIC.jpeg?dl=0

Soldato
Maybe... will see what direction they decide to go with the big V8 AMGs in the new stuff in the future - it's quite possible I'll end up in one again at some point. I went for a GT-R :) (Nissan, not the AMG...!)
The 63 models are going to be dying off. They'll be going the way the CLS did and have the hybrid inline-6. I think that all of the meaty AMGs will be special models under the Mercedes-AMG brand. It looks like it's heading that way with the CLS53 and AMG GT 4 door.

Soldato
OP
The 63 models are going to be dying off. They'll be going the way the CLS did and have the hybrid inline-6. I think that all of the meaty AMGs will be special models under the Mercedes-AMG brand. It looks like it's heading that way with the CLS53 and AMG GT 4 door.

Yep, that was my thought looking at the current range so will have to see how things pan out. May be that the older ones will be the ones to go for (and I'll probably regret selling my 55!) - shame really but all the big names are going the same way so...

Caporegime
Anyone got a W213 E220d? Is that engine up to the task?

My last three cars were a Mitsubishi Evo X with 291 Bhp, BMW E91 (3 series touring) with a 3.0 litre 242 Bhp Engine and a BMW F11 (5 series touring) with the same 3.0 diesel with 255 Bhp - So i'm a bit wary about downgrading power but other than that, the AMG Line with the Premium pack looks like it would ideally suit my needs.

I actually Contract Hired a Cupra 300 ST 4Drive - But I've not signed the paperwork yet and have 14 days to change my mind - I worried i'll miss the german luxury too much, and I probably won't make use of that power anyway.

Soldato
Anyone got a W213 E220d? Is that engine up to the task?

The new 2.0 diesel in the E class is fine, and I assume you mean up to the task of moving a car of that size without breaking a sweat? It's still a 190BHP engine, with a top speed of 149MPH, and that is not its full capability as you know, just what is mapped to it for the 220D model. 99% sure the E300 is the same engine, but with 242BHP and a limited top speed of 155MPH.

Anyhow, yes it's a nice car we had the Premium Plus spec version with, airmatic suspension for 5 weeks while the other Merc was being repaired and would say it is more than fine, unless you are an irresponsible driver, or a silly willy who likes to floor it at traffic lights etc.

Caporegime
Not really, can't be faffed with willy races at traffic lights.

It's more the mid-range I would miss, the ability to do a swift overtake or changing lane on a motorway.

FYI - They only do an E350D or E400D and they were both 6 Cylinders

The 300de is a combination of the 4 pot diesel and the hybrid powertrain but that is very expensive.

Soldato
Not really, can't be faffed with willy races at traffic lights.

It's more the mid-range I would miss, the ability to do a swift overtake or changing lane on a motorway.

FYI - They only do an E350D or E400D and they were both 6 Cylinders

The 300de is a combination of the 4 pot diesel and the hybrid powertrain but that is very expensive.

You buying outright or PCP/PCH'ing from new?

Back
Top Bottom