Battlefield V

Soldato
Ive bought the deluxe edition. When is available to play?

Now.

Does anyone know if "the road to bfv" is cross platform, I played BF1 on ps4 and got quite a few weapon skins and items for bfv, but I have purchased bfv on Xbox.

Same goes for battlefield stats from previous games, not particularly bothered about this but I remember I could see past info from BF4 from the BF1 menus on ps4.

Hopefully all this stuff is linked to EA account?

Soldato
The only thing that is annoying me about this game is the game modes and being unable to play a mode that you want to play.

I want to play domination but the only way at the moment is to play with Infantry focus mode that is a mix of TDM, Domination and Frontlines and Frontlines is just terrible/broken. Games can take up to 90 minutes which is stupid it can be an hour anyway but when you add the bugs it takes even longer.

Dice should just remove it until it's playable or at least add the option to play the modes you want.

I'm not sure if it's just the Xbox having a small community/not many players but the advanced search now show 0 servers and finding a game is taking ages even for conquest (which I don't really want to play) and when you eventually get a games there's only a few players in it.

Hopefully this will change next week when people start playing the standard version.

Last edited:
Associate
.... I'm not sure if it's just the Xbox having a small community/not many players but the advanced search now show 0 servers and finding a game is taking ages even for conquest (which I don't really want to play) and when you eventually get a games there's only a few players in it.....

I had this last night. Ended up in a game where there were 3 of us, just 3 and not enough to actually start the game. It landed up in the map but the game didn't actually start. I quit and then got a "multiplayer privilege missing" error.

Soldato
Just had a quick play on my brothers standard one s. The leaves looked a bit blurry when moving is this normal or not? I know it sounds stupid but I was setting it up to output at 4k (not sure whether to leave it at 1080 and leave the TV to upscale).

Caporegime
Decided to give this a go after all, paid £4 for EA Access to get the 10 hour trial....

First impressions are a bit 'meh'. Some of the maps are bad, especially Aerodrome and the one with the White House, bad map design. The fortifications are pretty much pointless as well given they're so easily destroyed.

It's OK, can't say much more than that. Standard recent BF fare, not remotely close to being as good as 3/4, they were the last truly great BF games. I might end up buying it at the end of the trial purely because of the decent price on the deluxe edition, I'm 50/50.

Soldato
Decided to give this a go after all, paid £4 for EA Access to get the 10 hour trial....

First impressions are a bit 'meh'. Some of the maps are bad, especially Aerodrome and the one with the White House, bad map design. The fortifications are pretty much pointless as well given they're so easily destroyed.

It's OK, can't say much more than that. Standard recent BF fare, not remotely close to being as good as 3/4, they were the last truly great BF games. I might end up buying it at the end of the trial purely because of the decent price on the deluxe edition, I'm 50/50.

I purchased the deluxe edition cheap, feel's quite different from BF1, I prefer it, as you say some of the maps are not that great. I have only played conquest so far and Im still learning the maps and how things work.
I played BF1 on and off all the way up to BFV release, and I'm sure I will play this just as much.

Associate
Can this MP be really good and have real longevity if you play by yourself rather than with others in a squad with headset?

I like to play games solo including MP and I sold BF1 after not too long as it seemed like I was just getting owned by ppl playing in a squad via headsets.

Soldato
Best place to pick this up (Xbox One) ?

Found the Battlefield V + Enlister DLC for £40 on ShopTo but just wondering if I am missing a deal anywhere!

Cheers

Soldato
Ah yeah they still have the Deluxe one for that, worth the extra?

Well I got the deluxe so I could play this weekend and I think you get 5 soldier outfits to choose from, I'm not actually sure what else you get. Personally I would just get the standard edition now, I think that version is released tomorrow or Tuesday.

**I think the standard is £46 on cdkeys now, so if you really want digital and for £2 more I would get the deluxe.

Soldato
Well I got the deluxe so I could play this weekend and I think you get 5 soldier outfits to choose from, I'm not actually sure what else you get. Personally I would just get the standard edition now, I think that version is released tomorrow or Tuesday.

**I think the standard is £46 on cdkeys now, so if you really want digital and for £2 more I would get the deluxe.
Cheers mate, will take a look!

Back
Top Bottom