1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield V

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by antijoke, Dec 12, 2017.

1. nantucket66

Hitman

Had my first blast with this last night on a couple games of Domination, didn't have a lot of time so only got maybe an hour in. Thoroughly enjoyed it once I'd found my feet. Not glitch free, but it certainly didn't spoil it for me. Will try and get on for an hour later.

2. DarrenM343

Mobster

Any good tutorials on the MP aspects of this? Played quite a few hours and never really progressed past being **** at it. Most kills I got was about 6 in a session, partly thanks to using a tank and also using some fixed artillery guns.
    Not done MP for years and I'm used to playing old Team Fortress where your team were easy to spot. Sometimes I hesitate and then get killed in this.
    Was learning as I went but some sort of guide/tutorial would be good.
    Trial finished and will probably pick it up tomorrow.

3. Jase

Mobster

Well I'm happy now :)

They have updated the game and you can play whatever mode you like so I've played domination all night on all maps, most of which I hadn't seen in domination mode so maybe they only went live tonight.

4. McBain

Capodecina

The KE7 or whatever the starting support weapon is, is ultimate cheese, id be amazed if they don't nerf it.

The Gewehr 43 is right up there in the cheese stakes as well. Why doesn't the medic have this gun instead of assault? :confused:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  5. shuffle

Hitman

Great so far been playing since 11pm, pre ordered ages ago. Reminds me of bf3, which i hated, this is different though as less tinny. Been few years since that game and it was on a pc. Its faster than bf1, hope it doesnt get crazy as in too frantic and suited for all types of classes.
    Its great fun so far on xbox x,resolution really good and fast, playing on 120 hz pc monitor buts a smaller screen. Bet it looks amazing on a normal tv 32 inch and above

6. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Whats everyones favourite weapon so far who play the assault class.

I'm currently playing with the M1A1, still to fully spec it but it seems very good.

Those that have unlocked all the assault weapons, have you settled on a favourite?

7. Jase

Mobster

Although the M1A1 is considered one of the best guns in the game I actually prefer the Gewehr 43 as it's better at longer range yet capable at closer ranges. For shorter range I'd go with the 1907.

8. shuffle

Hitman

Team deathmatch seems so much more intense, whether its the ammo top ups or revive, med pak with different classes

9. Andr3w

Capodecina

I havent unlocked any weapons yet, all classes still have 1.

Im really struggling with aiming on this with PS4, which is weird because i was really good at BF4/BF1

10. skylineboy

Wise Guy

I had to turn my sensitivity way up to get better. It was so slow at first.

11. Andr3w

Capodecina

Ha ive turned mine down because i thought it was too fast

12. Andr3w

Capodecina

When you call in a vehicle/tank as a squad leader where does it spawn and who can use it?

13. pcfarrar

Hitman

It appears on the map with a special icon and only your squad mates can spawn into it as the driver.

14. shuffle

Hitman

Wow, great game

15. BenjiSayers

Mobster

I'm currently using the Gewehr 43 with the 3x Scope and using the perks down the right side of the tree with the exception of the last one which is on the left (for control I think)

I quite like the starting AR on the close combat maps, I've unlocked the STG but not got to grips with it yet, think I need to get some perks on it but can't seem to stray away from the G43 at the minute.

It's a shame there is no kind of rifle for the medic as that's always been my go-to class. I just really don't like the SMG's.

16. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

I have only been playing conquest so far but one thing that I have noticed is we no longer have big encounter moments, like the airship, train, massive tank, that we had in BF1.
    Why have they removed these losing team elements in place of a cheat mechanic that makes the losing team catch up extremely fast to make battles have an extremely tight finish.

I didn't always use any of these bonus features to help the losing team but they made battles look a lot more interesting.

17. McBain

Capodecina

Anyone fancy squadding up on X1? Getting kinda bored of lone wolfing/zerging.

18. Zico

Mobster

Unlikely to be back on until the weekend but feel free to give me a shout.

19. Scort

Mobster

Got a code from Amazon - £6 off of BFV:

U7PD-5J26GE-SWLDT2

Someone can enjoy it, I'm sure, I'm giving this BF game a miss personally.

20. B&W

Soldato

Dont know whether to buy this for PS4 or PC.