• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
I don't have any issues with mine chill is set to min/max 130fps
Game runs at 130fps all the time.

Can you make sure you selecting the correct exe file.

Try selecting enhanced sync global not by profile .

Thanks for your reply.

During a match, yes, I hit 143 fps (my fps max) most of the time.
But when I pause during a match, it drops to around 72.
If I go to replay -> change it to the 360 degree mode, it locks at 30fps, same for a few match opening cut scene, for example when the players are shaking hands.

Do you have these problems?

Soldato
Thanks for your reply.

During a match, yes, I hit 143 fps (my fps max) most of the time.
But when I pause during a match, it drops to around 72.
If I go to replay -> change it to the 360 degree mode, it locks at 30fps, same for a few match opening cut scene, for example when the players are shaking hands.

Do you have these problems?

I do get 72fps in the menu but that is it. The rest is 130fps
Do you have directx 12 enabled? Try dx11 if you do.

Soldato
I am on dx11 so dont know what to do...
this 30fps lock is really annoying...

Can understand I had an issue like this with FIFA 17, give this a try might seem crazy but set the game settings to 30fps lock. Does turning off Freesync fix the fps drop to 30fps?

On FIFA 16 if I had Freesync enabled I set the game to 30fps and it would run at 72fps locked.

I didn't buy FIFA 18 so not sure if anything changed there but I am running this years FIFA fine.

Associate
on 18.11.2, does anybody else using a superwide occasionally loose the superwide resolution after boot? i have to restart to get it back, just randomly started happening. LG 29WK500 @ 2560 x 1080. cable isnt the issue ive tested it at 4k with no issue.

Soldato
Must be some big features coming to get its own event :D Did the previous years get closed door events?

Let the fun begin! 70 minutes until the first batch of media get to experience the future. @Radeon @AMD #SeoulROCKS

Ds-Gej-VYAAjbkP.jpg

Ds-Gej9VAAAerJo.jpg

Ds-Gej-VAAAcfxn.jpg

https://twitter.com/CatalystMaker/status/1067219511676301312?s=19

Hype

Last edited:
Associate
on 18.11.2, does anybody else using a superwide occasionally loose the superwide resolution after boot? i have to restart to get it back, just randomly started happening. LG 29WK500 @ 2560 x 1080. cable isnt the issue ive tested it at 4k with no issue.
reinstalling the monitor driver seems to have fixed the issue for anybody else that see's the same or a similar issue.

Last edited:
Associate
I've had my VEGA 56 for just over a week now and I've been having issues with bright colours appearing after display adjustments (notable during a resolution change). I can't capture it with a screenshot as it appears to be coming from whatever processes the display output and now at a lower internal level. It starts with a random solid colour (usually a bright pink or orange) and then I get an saturated image with a animated noisy overlay like this PS re-creation:-

vfxuly.jpg

Using 18.11.1. I am also using a display port to DVI adapter so is it possible that is the cause of it?

Soldato
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 Highlights
Support For

• Just Cause™ 4
Known Issues
  • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
  • Assassin’s Creed™: Odyssey may experience a game crash at certain locations of the game on Windows®7 enabled system configurations.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 Driver Version 18.40.11.09 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.14011.9004)
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-1?sf203228033=1

Back
Top Bottom