• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
did you try to set the p7 as min/max for that game profile in the AMD panel? if so does it make a difference
Create an app profile for that game and lock clocks to P State 7.

4 days now all is well, however there is some peculiarity with the clocks with 18.11.2 upgraded last night.
I have kept the clocks the same as default (P7 1632) and only have reduced power by 70mv and OC the HBM to 1100
While other games perform normally (1600-1610 core), in ESO it clocks to 1680-1688mhz most of the time, according to the overlay!!!
Is that normal? Also in ESO it shows CPU usage 0% while windows have all 6 core at working hard.

Soldato
Like big as in chunky Windows 10 updates where you cringe whats gonna break this time?
For sure, every large AMD driver update recently has either removed features or broken stuff. I will be keeping 18.11.2 at the ready and watching forums to see which issues pop up.

Associate
Like big as in chunky Windows 10 updates where you cringe whats gonna break this time?
4 days now all is well, however there is some peculiarity with the clocks with 18.11.2 upgraded last night.
I have kept the clocks the same as default (P7 1632) and only have reduced power by 70mv and OC the HBM to 1100
While other games perform normally (1600-1610 core), in ESO it clocks to 1680-1688mhz most of the time, according to the overlay!!!
Is that normal? Also in ESO it shows CPU usage 0% while windows have all 6 core at working hard.

i wouldn't worry about what eso says, stick with with the Overlay, that should be the more accurate of the two.

For sure, every large AMD driver update recently has either removed features or broken stuff. I will be keeping 18.11.2 at the ready and watching forums to see which issues pop up.
not had such issues on a 56. which features have they removed recently? if anything they seem to migrating things over to the newer panel.

Soldato
i wouldn't worry about what eso says, stick with with the Overlay, that should be the more accurate of the two.

not had such issues on a 56. which features have they removed recently? if anything they seem to migrating things over to the newer panel.
By recently I mean the last two years. Crimson removed a bunch of stuff.

Associate
Anyone know how to fix fifa19 cutsense 30fps lock issue?

I have tried to enable "enchanced sync" but still no luck, and in fifa19 the AMD Radeon fps lock isnt working as well...

Many THANKS!

Soldato
Anyone know how to fix fifa19 cutsense 30fps lock issue?

I have tried to enable "enchanced sync" but still no luck, and in fifa19 the AMD Radeon fps lock isnt working as well...

Many THANKS!

In the games settings make sure no limit on fps is selected.
Enable enhanced sync and setup a profile for fifa with Radeon chill and set min/max fps at monitor max refresh rate

Associate
In the games settings make sure no limit on fps is selected.
Enable enhanced sync and setup a profile for fifa with Radeon chill and set min/max fps at monitor max refresh rate

I have tried to enable enhanced sync and add this Radeon Chill, however, for some reasons, it makes the game very laggy...(Freesync is enabled and used afterburner to lock the fps within the freesync range)

Soldato
These are from the game engine mate, nothing to do with the AMD drivers. Nvidia has same fps
I have tried to enable enhanced sync and add this Radeon Chill, however, for some reasons, it makes the game very laggy...(Freesync is enabled and used afterburner to lock the fps within the freesync range)

I don't have any issues with mine chill is set to min/max 130fps
Game runs at 130fps all the time.

Can you make sure you selecting the correct exe file.

Try selecting enhanced sync global not by profile .

Soldato
yea you can choose what to display in the radeon overlay, such as fps, gpu and cpu clocks etc, give it a try.

No you didn't understand. My question was why on ESO the overlay displayed 1688, when P7 is set to 1632.
No other game (5 months having Vega 64 now) exhibits that behaviour with the overlay. Usually everything else is at 1610s core clock.
Same applies to overclocking etc. Always the clocks are -20/-30 over max clock. That is happening on both Nitro & reference both on air and under water.

Associate
No you didn't understand. My question was why on ESO the overlay displayed 1688, when P7 is set to 1632.
No other game (5 months having Vega 64 now) exhibits that behaviour with the overlay. Usually everything else is at 1610s core clock.
Same applies to overclocking etc. Always the clocks are -20/-30 over max clock. That is happening on both Nitro & reference both on air and under water.

ahh gotcha, in the earlier release drivers it was common to see spikes in the core speed which were higher than set core, however i cant recall if vega can push past the p7 speeds if p7 isnt set to max, i believe it can if the thermals etc are ok for it to do so.

Back
Top Bottom