Fallout 76

Associate
Still enjoying this despite the bugs and occasional unexpected errors killing the game completely (PS4 and to think console users used to mock windows BSODs).

Quite funny when two higher level players attack you and you waste them. Only about ten levels higher than me and it made up for the completely annihilation I suffered at the hands of a group of seventy plus 'people' (polite mode on) who turned up at my camp just before I planned to call it a night. You know it is going to go badly when you wave and they give you a thumbs down :D.

Associate
Had some random guy come into my camp shooting at my turrets, he became wanted so shot at him, did hardly any damage and he 1 shotted me.. came back to be attacked by him and another player and died quickly, then 3rd time came back to my camp and repaired all and my turrets all started shooting at me..

I'm only level 8 so far and trying to grind away to get somewhere, they were level 10 and 55..

Getting anywhere is a chore and a half as it is without groups ganging up on lower levels and then own defences turning on you :rolleyes:

Soldato
Still enjoying this despite the bugs and occasional unexpected errors killing the game completely (PS4 and to think console users used to mock windows BSODs).

Quite funny when two higher level players attack you and you waste them. Only about ten levels higher than me and it made up for the completely annihilation I suffered at the hands of a group of seventy plus 'people' (polite mode on) who turned up at my camp just before I planned to call it a night. You know it is going to go badly when you wave and they give you a thumbs down :D.

It's a shame really, I've yet to bump into anyone like that playing on PC worlds. I guess it really does highlight some of the types of players you guys on consoles have to put up with.

Associate
It's a shame really, I've yet to bump into anyone like that playing on PC worlds. I guess it really does highlight some of the types of players you guys on consoles have to put up with.

It is quite amusing most of the time and doesn't happen too often, I take it as part of the game. I am quite surprised you haven't found anyone like that on PC because I am sure I would, like attracting the random nutter on the bus :D. I might have stood a chance against the higher level bunch but I didn't expect the one I killed to come back so quickly and he had a missile launcher. I was too focused on trying to snipe the other guy (badly) and didn't see him return. The game does favour the non-aggressor if you hold off and let the other party, although the damage balance may have changed with the patch.

Now those level 40ish Rad Scorpions are a different story. I got cornered by a pair last night and nothing I did was hurting them. It took a unexpected server drop to save me :eek::confused:.

P.S. I meant to say this is actually the first Fallout game I have played on console. I still haven't finished FO4 on PC but console gaming is just easier for me now. I need to where my desk is soon and there is no where else to put it, so my daughter will be getting a desktop upgrade and I will need a 2nd hand laptop for non-gaming stuff. Besides online gaming has always been a mixed bag on any platform, depending on the game, server, time of day etc :D.

Last edited:
Associate
Had some random guy come into my camp shooting at my turrets, he became wanted so shot at him, did hardly any damage and he 1 shotted me.. came back to be attacked by him and another player and died quickly, then 3rd time came back to my camp and repaired all and my turrets all started shooting at me..

I'm only level 8 so far and trying to grind away to get somewhere, they were level 10 and 55..

Getting anywhere is a chore and a half as it is without groups ganging up on lower levels and then own defences turning on you :rolleyes:

Almost missed your post for some reason. No idea why you turrets would attack you unless they were hacked, I know some robots do this but I don't know if there is a player skill. If in doubt do not engage othe players in combat, the full PvP combat damage doesn't engage unless combat becomes mutual. If they are constantly harrassing you just log out and back in and chances are you will find are more agreeable world (for a bit anyway).

Soldato
I am quite surprised you haven't found anyone like that on PC because I am sure I would, like attracting the random nutter on the bus :D.

The one thing I've noticed on PC is that everyone becomes a bounty hunter. It's actually very fun tracking down a wanted player when they have no idea what's coming.

I guess that threat stops most people from bothering. I unfortunately ended up with a bounty after walking into someone's workshop and standing on some traps, so I ended up smashing them up, totally didn't realise it was a claimed workshop.

Didn't take long for someone to turn up and kill me.

Associate
I've done that too :D. I had a workshop but the server dropped and I didn't realise they weren't kept the same way as camps. I expected to be hunted down as the xp for killing a wanted player is fairly decent, that's why my friend and I act as Lawbringers where possible. My armour piercing shotgun is quite good in most cases but I have a burning recon laser I want to try out now.

Associate
If you buy the disc it will install a shed load before patching to the latest updates, which probably means one about 9 to 10Gb and then the recent 6gb update (the first one may have been bigger but I just left it to get on with it).

I don't know if the digital version downloads the fully updated version in one hit but I would half expect it to update to just because Bethesda :D.

Associate
Almost missed your post for some reason. No idea why you turrets would attack you unless they were hacked, I know some robots do this but I don't know if there is a player skill. If in doubt do not engage othe players in combat, the full PvP combat damage doesn't engage unless combat becomes mutual. If they are constantly harrassing you just log out and back in and chances are you will find are more agreeable world (for a bit anyway).

Ended up doing that with a level 38 player last night that kept taking pot shots while I was trying to access a terminal to complete a quest, trying to provoke me into shooting back so it's a legal kill, made him follow me around in circles for a good 10mins hoping he'd get bored, ended up having to exit to main menu and coming back in.

Once my characters ranked up it won't bother me, not much of a fair fight though with a level 5 shotgun and leather armour versus a guy in power armour with a minigun :p

Generally speaking most players just potter around doing their own thing, whenever I've come across players being attacked by NPCs I've helped out and then gone on my merry way, have had it twice now where after the enemies have been killed the players have then turned on me to try nab my resources which is rather @%$*

Problem is, as the game is a lot more of a grind to those used to the previous fallouts in non survival mode, it is rather off putting when you also have to contend with the odd higher levelled players killing you and nabbing all your scrap.

Hopefully it won't discourage too many people from sticking with it and Bethesda add some more content and tweak a few more things, it has the potential to be a really good game.

Associate
Ended up doing that with a level 38 player last night that kept taking pot shots while I was trying to access a terminal to complete a quest, trying to provoke me into shooting back so it's a legal kill, made him follow me around in circles for a good 10mins hoping he'd get bored, ended up having to exit to main menu and coming back in.

Once my characters ranked up it won't bother me, not much of a fair fight though with a level 5 shotgun and leather armour versus a guy in power armour with a minigun :p

Generally speaking most players just potter around doing their own thing, whenever I've come across players being attacked by NPCs I've helped out and then gone on my merry way, have had it twice now where after the enemies have been killed the players have then turned on me to try nab my resources which is rather @%$*

Problem is, as the game is a lot more of a grind to those used to the previous fallouts in non survival mode, it is rather off putting when you also have to contend with the odd higher levelled players killing you and nabbing all your scrap.

Hopefully it won't discourage too many people from sticking with it and Bethesda add some more content and tweak a few more things, it has the potential to be a really good game.

A way to avoid the above will be to have levelled servers where you can't enter above/below the set value. The Division implemented a similar mechanic with the DZ to decrease the chances of you getting ganked upon entry.

Shawrey

Associate
A way to avoid the above will be to have levelled servers where you can't enter above/below the set value. The Division implemented a similar mechanic with the DZ to decrease the chances of you getting ganked upon entry.

Shawrey

Issue there is if you wanted to play with a friend who's a higher/lower level

Problem I'm having now is I keep getting jumped by high level monsters, 50+ a few closer to 70.. can't do bugger all damage to them and they'll chase until I'm dead

Associate
Issue there is if you wanted to play with a friend who's a higher/lower level

Problem I'm having now is I keep getting jumped by high level monsters, 50+ a few closer to 70.. can't do bugger all damage to them and they'll chase until I'm dead

What I have managed to do in a few cases like that is run in amongst some friendly robots. Then if you get a shot in each one (not the robots) you also get the XP

Associate
Wrapped all the presents last night before getting on the game, had half an hour flawless playing before I got 'controls disabled due to server not responding' and after a minute it disconnected. Turns out Bethesda were innocent for once, nothing worked. My Internet went down and restarting the router didn't help. Just gave up after an hour and and went to bed. Thankfully it is all back up this morning.

Associate
These random crashes are seriously sapping a lot of enjoyment out of the game and are making doing bigger events half pointless.

Several times I've taken on legendary mirelurk queens solo which takes forever to wear down only for it to crash just before I finish them off, also some events have done it, just managed to kill 5-6 level 50+ beasts in blast zone using melee weapons (hard going at level 31..) only to have game crash before I could retrieve any loot (had them all attack at once so was rather manic), had an epic battle which I really enjoyed then completely soured by yet another crash :(

Speaking of Mirelurk queens and blast zones.. last time I crashed fighting Mirelurk queen I reloaded game to discover where I'd been fighting was a blast zone in the new server, thanks to the delay of how long it takes to load everything and enable you to access pipboy from a fresh game I died of radiation before I could equip hazmat suit or even use a rad x/radaway, to add insult to injury it wouldn't let me respawn anywhere on the map at all so couldn't reclaim lost loot and had to exit and reload :p

Caporegime
Whats the state of this game at the moment? I wasn't bothered about it, but it's bombed so quickly in price it can be had for £20ish, worth a stab at that price?

Back
Top Bottom