• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you buy a £700 AMD GPU minus RTX that was as fast as a 2080 Ti

Don
£700 is still expensive imo - for me personally £500 would about be the top end of what I would pay (and although I haven't bought a "high-end" card new in a while, was around what I paid for a X1900XT back in the day)

Soldato
Not going to happen, but yes I would pick up one most definitely. Not for my main rig though which is on a G-Sync panel, but for my HTPC to replace the 1080Ti in it at the moment. What with some TV's now coming with Freesync in them, would be a great combo.

Soldato
I would happily plunk down up to £500, since I'll be water cooling I'd go to 600-650 with nice blocks installed... about what I spent on my 980Ti hydrocoppers.

Caporegime
This sounds mad but I think £500 is the limit for gaming AMD cards, if they want to sell a decent quantity at least. Still perceived as the budget brand.

But £500 and nearly as fast with some great new features? Sure thing.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
As a recent 2080Ti purchaser, no.

However, if AMD had this card available now I would have chosen it over the 2080Ti. Don’t need or particularly want RT but wanted the grunt for 4K couch gaming.

Ended up paying more than I wanted to but ultimately ended up with something to do the job. Currently Nvidia is the only option for what I wanted.

Associate
I'd be in without hesitation even though it's mean selling off a decent gsyc display.

Really disappointed with nvidia this gen, I held off from buying RTX as it simply wasn't sufficient value for money.

Associate
As a recent 2080Ti purchaser, no.

However, if AMD had this card available now I would have chosen it over the 2080Ti. Don’t need or particularly want RT but wanted the grunt for 4K couch gaming.

Ended up paying more than I wanted to but ultimately ended up with something to do the job. Currently Nvidia is the only option for what I wanted.
You did the same thing i did.

Answer would be no though since I am tied to NVIDA because of my x27 gsnyc monitor

Associate
700 squid is a bit much.. its what the 2080Ti should be now imo

i'd pay 350-400 for the second tier card as its normally only 5%~ slower

Soldato
Like many here i would say £500 is my max. Any more and i probably couldn't stomach it as while gaming is my hobby £700 for a card is still taking the ****. If i could find a game these days that took up all my time like the old days and i needed high fps then maybe at a push. Happy with what i have atm so in no rush.

Back
Top Bottom