*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
There is a glitch where if you keep re-matching (whether the other player accepts or not) then you play people at the GSP you had at the start of the session regardless of whether you win or lose. This can apparently be abused to boost your GSP but it can also mean you keep playing against 2.4 million GSP players even if you have lost 1 million points, as I found out recently.

Fancy a game?
Ohh Ok that's worth knowing. It's hard to tell at this early stage as I know I'm just starting out. Barely played Brawl and never went online with Wii U.

I can't right now as with the little one! I can only really game in the evening these days :D meant I was up until 1am banging my head against the competition ;)

Soon, will be nice to get beat by someone I've had some back and forth with before hand, may lessen the blow a bit :D

Man of Honour
I have been playing a serious amount of Zelda, what an awesome little game. I don't quite know how far in I am but I have been playing for a good few hours and so far I'm enjoying it. I also signed up to Nintendo online and grabbed octopath traveller. Any of these little indie games come recommended?

Soldato
Donkey Kong is one of the most enjoyable, and at the same time frustrating games I've ever played.

Must have taken me 50+ attempts at killing the big bird baddie at the end of level 2.

Soldato
Still waiting for my Switch to be delivered. Ordered at a weird time I guess. Will my purchases be tied to my account? I had the Zelda DLC and Stardew Valley.

Soldato
I've been trying the Smash control scheme that was suggested a few pages back. I can see the merits, but it's taking a while to reconfigure my brain after two decades of having jump mapped to "up". Had the right stick for smash attacks since the GC too.

Man of Honour
I've been trying the Smash control scheme that was suggested a few pages back. I can see the merits, but it's taking a while to reconfigure my brain after two decades of having jump mapped to "up". Had the right stick for smash attacks since the GC too.

It took me a while too, but it's worth it.

Fancy some games?

Soldato
I have been playing a serious amount of Zelda, what an awesome little game. I don't quite know how far in I am but I have been playing for a good few hours and so far I'm enjoying it. I also signed up to Nintendo online and grabbed octopath traveller. Any of these little indie games come recommended?

So much good stuff on the platform from the Indies.

Stardew valley
Steam Dig 2
Hollow Knight
Golf Story
Yoku's Island
Sonic Mania (<I guess this counts)

Man of Honour
So much good stuff on the platform from the Indies.

Stardew valley
Steam Dig 2
Hollow Knight
Golf Story
Yoku's Island
Sonic Mania (<I guess this counts)

I shall have a look, I'm addicted to zelda atm but am lining up the next games. Am currently doing the first divine beast :D

Man of Honour
Re smash - what’s the quickest way to unlock characters?

Play world of light and back out every 10 minutes.

You get characters from World of Light plus you get an unlock when you go back to the menu after every 10 minutes of play.

Be glad that they massively lowered the difficulty of the fights in the latest patch, but if you somehow manage to lose one then check in "Games & More" for the option to re-fight characters after a while (maybe 10 mins of gameplay?).

Soldato

Hyper Light Drifter is probably the best indie game I've played. Into The Breach is also excellent

Soldato
as i posted a wee bit back just before christmas dad and i both got switches, were enjoying them a lot and this has to be the fastest i have built up a game library for a new system ever.

now have :

octopath traveler
mario kart
puzzle bobble
magi cat
metal slug 5
blazing star
pokemon eevee
star link
crash n sane trilogy
robonauts
the next penelope
hyper sentinel
mantis burn racing
mario+rabbids
dead cells
cat quest
fortnite
rayman legends
paranautical activity

also zelda should be arriving in the post the morn, dad and i went halfers on it :)

also he just told me he ordered 2 more games which might also arrive tommorrow lol

im just like wow so many games and he has pre ordered the 2d mario game thats out soon, also going halfers :)

bought one of these the other day in game too use when joy cons charge etc in tv mode https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Nintendo-Controller-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01NAUATSM turns out it started to let off a nasty electrical burning smell and then some thing started to rattle about inside it, im guessing a lump of solder.

he took it back and the guy opened the box and went wow i can smell it lol got a wii pro controller instead after making up the difference :)

Soldato

You get characters from World of Light plus you get an unlock when you go back to the menu after every 10 minutes of play.

Be glad that they massively lowered the difficulty of the fights in the latest patch, but if you somehow manage to lose one then check in "Games & More" for the option to re-fight characters after a while (maybe 10 mins of gameplay?).

Cheers mate :)

Soldato

I was wondering about that. Before I got Smash I heard people say the A.i in those fights was really tough. When I got it for myself they seemed almost too easy, didn't realise they changed it so that's a good thing I suppose. I think it should still be a bit of a challenge though

Man of Honour
I was wondering about that. Before I got Smash I heard people say the A.i in those fights was really tough. When I got it for myself they seemed almost too easy, didn't realise they changed it so that's a good thing I suppose. I think it should still be a bit of a challenge though

It was never hard but I guess that depends on your level in the game. If I was testing a new character and I had one of the fights I'd lose about 10% of the time, but now you can just mash smashes and win.

It was a nice challenge but maybe people got frustrated when they failed to unlock a character.

Soldato
the nintendo monopoly is slowly coming in now.

portable full console mario tennis, smash bros, mario kart, mario party.

isn't this just basically the ultimate real-life gaming with friends and having actual fun machine.

if it could do fully fledged fifa on par with the PS4 version, it would even grab all the chavs.

Man of Honour
the nintendo monopoly is slowly coming in now.

portable full console mario tennis, smash bros, mario kart, mario party.

isn't this just basically the ultimate real-life gaming with friends and having actual fun machine.

if it could do fully fledged fifa on par with the PS4 version, it would even grab all the chavs.

It's just lacking decent online for me. I haven't touched my Xbox one or PS4 since it's release.

I spent new years eve with my friends playing multiplayer games and no the console would have worked out for that.

Soldato
It's just lacking decent online for me. I haven't touched my Xbox one or PS4 since it's release.

I spent new years eve with my friends playing multiplayer games and no the console would have worked out for that.

Yup exactly. I've played every single day Smash Bros with my friend at work; which obviously isn't possible with the others. We even played about 10 rounds of Smash bros 1v1 at the gym post-workout!!

Back
Top Bottom