• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Zen 3000 wont be here this year...and if it is it will summer....Thats a long time to wait if you need system now.

What are you on and where can I get it ? Unless it's just pessimism, in that case you can keep it

How do you know exactly?

If you want the fastest gaming cpu=9900k
If you want the fastest production cpu-9900k

Sub £500

I mean its not difficult :p

I think my eyeballs just shriveled and died

You're taking the **** now, surely? I think both the i9 7980XE and Threadripper 2950X are both laughing at you right now.

Not even talking about the 2990WX

See...thats the issue I have with Ryzen worshippers.... 2700X 9900k and the only arguement is cost..

Post in a forum hoping people get it...and they ignore cost entirely.

And threadripper is poo in games....

This is to easy

NEXT!
You might want to read the responses to my first dozen or so posts on this site, since you'll quickly realise that the responses are clear in their view that I was not a Ryzen worshipper. Quite the opposite in fact.
Being able to judge things on merit is what differentiates tech savvy people from the fanboys.
Sure, the 9900K is a great CPU for what it is; a last ditch attempt at retaining some sort of relevance in the CPU market for the next few years. Problem is, it is going to get eclipsed in performance, in price, power efficiency, core count, IPC, and chipset features due to its dead end socket.

Caporegime
What are you on and where can I get it ? Unless it's just pessimism, in that case you can keep it

I think my eyeballs just shriveled and died

Not even talking about the 2990WX

Its readily available on the internet mate...I WANT RYZEN 3700X IN THE NEXT 3 MONTHS TO COME AND DESTROY MY 9900K...

But its not going to happen so soon.

I intentionally didn't say 2970WX or 2990WX because of the issues with RAM access in certain workloads and the Windows scheduler killing performance, because you just know he'd start banging on about it.
I'm pretty certain that he's not that technically aware.

I do believe that the scheduler issue has recently been resolved. I don't recall the details, though there was a thread over on Anandtech started a few days ago.

Caporegime
Sure, the 9900K is a great CPU for what it is; a last ditch attempt at retaining some sort of relevance in the CPU market for the next few years. Problem is, it is going to get eclipsed in performance, in price, power efficiency, core count, IPC, and chipset features due to its dead end socket.

Whats new? I have built many , many computers over the years and you buy a new mobo when the new Intel cpu comes out....Unless its z370 as 9900k works with that....But dead end socket is not really an argument....take the B450 2700x owners...They will want to plonk in 3700x chips in their current B450 mobos...but more refined, overclocking mobos will be released making the whole "keep your old mobo" argument moot

Soldato
They will want to plonk in 3700x chips in their current B450 mobos...but more refined, overclocking mobos will be released making the whole "keep yur old mobo" argument moot

Except that it doesn't render it moot because you CAN still use your old mobo. You may not get true peak performance out of it, but you can still use it.

I'm honestly starting to question if you actually know what you're talking about now. Ignore list for a spell I think...

Caporegime
Except that it doesn't render it moot because you CAN still use your old mobo. You may not get true peak performance out of it, but you can still use it.

I'm honestly starting to question if you actually know what you're talking about now. Ignore list for a spell I think...

Do it...

Yes you can still use your old mobo...so what? millions of 2700x in members market being sold for peanuts due to Ryzen owners wanting to upgrade....

This even negates any argument for buying 2700x at a cost saving of £200 over 9900k in the first place.

You're gonna loose £150 ish on selling your 2700x once the 3700x hits..

If 3700x comes in at £389 you're gonna loose close to £200 on your 2700x...I mean who would buy one then?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom