*** The 2019 Gym Rats Thread ***

Man of Honour
I'd consider adding a trx clone to that. We have one for travel and you can get a really good workout from it with a lot of variety. I spent about £40 and it is rock solid.

Associate
Just had my first failure on deadlifts on SL. 127.5kg just hit a wall on the 4th of my work set. Not helped by 4 inch belt niggling but that's no excuse! Ordered one of these on Fri https://mobilitytools.co.uk/shop/belts/modifit-retro-3-powerlifting-belt-hand-made-in-uk/ so if that is an excuse will find out soon enough.

I've looked at that one and added it to my shopping list on Amazon. It's around £80 now but I also need to find a good place to set it up around here.

Man of Honour
Associate

How does it hook on to the door frame? I live in a shared flat in the hospital accommodation and all the doors in the flat are fire doors that automatically closes.

Man of Honour
home-2.jpg

Soldato
Looks like you want heavy fire doors for that, I've got cheap regular ones at my place that would probably get ripped out :D

Associate
Looks like you want heavy fire doors for that, I've got cheap regular ones at my place that would probably get ripped out :D

The doors we have are quite sold with automatic shutters installed inside the rooms to close the doors. And the doors feel fairly heavy as well so lets keep the fingers crossed for me :D

Man of Honour
Errr.. if you're just hitting 127.5kg on a deadlift you almost certainly don't need a belt.

I’ve seen people wear belts with a lot less :p - but no, absolutely no need.

Oh January. All squat racks full. One person squatting 10kg on the bar - yup, a squat rack is essential for this. One person with 20kg, but then lunging all the way down the gym and barely using the rack. Argh!

Man of Honour
Errr.. if you're just hitting 127.5kg on a deadlift you almost certainly don't need a belt.

I don't know - I'm figuring it out as I go along. I've been using it for last of the warm up set and then my work set on deadlift. Definitely appreciate it for work sets of squats.

Man of Honour
Personally I wouldn't be whacking it straight on for all working sets and definitely not warm up sets, yes they are useful but you'll be missing out on a good chunk of core development by jumping straight for it.

Man of Honour
Personally I wouldn't be whacking it straight on for all working sets and definitely not warm up sets, yes they are useful but you'll be missing out on a good chunk of core development by jumping straight for it.

Or go for the alternative approach and wear a belt at all times for every exercise. You will blend right in on certain days in my gym.

Back
Top Bottom