The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Associate
I found it quite alien switching between the A7ii and the A7Riii so this happened....
A7ii will be in the MM later lol

2rdf8dt.jpg

Soldato
First dip into Godox.

JVE3Vy7.jpg

Looking at either getting 3 of these or the Yongnuo equivalent. Seems to be a lot of bad press for Yongnuo currently so interesting in what you think of the Godox!

My interested was piqued with the Canon 470ex-ai but then no remote trigger and only optical so that's a no from me...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looking at either getting 3 of these or the Yongnuo equivalent. Seems to be a lot of bad press for Yongnuo currently so interesting in what you think of the Godox!

My interested was piqued with the Canon 470ex-ai but then not remote trigger only optical so that's a no from me...

It's hit and miss at the moment unless i am doing something wrong.

Off camera I am getting miss fires.
On camrea at the last wedding I couldn't get it to work at all and I gave up trying to troubleshoot and went to the Canon.

6/20 did not fire, that is not good.

2wDAd6Q.png

Soldato
Hmmm...that's not good. On camera not firing at all? That's worrying!

I've ordered 3 of the 860ii and the wireless trigger xpro in between asking the question and you replying. I just sorely need to replace the optical Yongnuos I have as they're just not reliable when off camera. Would really like to go for the actual Canon speedlites again but I just can't stomach the cost given I usually prefer natural light with fast primes.

Anyway to firmware update them?

Caporegime
Hmmm...that's not good. On camera not firing at all? That's worrying!

I've ordered 3 of the 860ii and the wireless trigger xpro in between asking the question and you replying. I just sorely need to replace the optical Yongnuos I have as they're just not reliable when off camera. Would really like to go for the actual Canon speedlites again but I just can't stomach the cost given I usually prefer natural light with fast primes.

Anyway to firmware update them?

It is on the latest firmware, I updated it the week i got them, tested it at home and it did fire (on camera) no problem. I am probably doing something wrong in the settings that it isn't firing on camera but what more do i need to do but put it in TTL on the hotshoe?

Soldato
It is on the latest firmware, I updated it the week i got them, tested it at home and it did fire (on camera) no problem. I am probably doing something wrong in the settings that it isn't firing on camera but what more do i need to do but put it in TTL on the hotshoe?
I believe you use a Sony body? There's a whole host of issues that appear to affect Sony but not other brands. From what I have seen the hotshoe on Sony cameras is an issue and there's a setting you need to change (can't recall for the life of me what it is), you may want to search this group for answers:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/godoxusergroup/?fref=nf Reasonably sure your issue would have been covered, if it hasn't then ask. Some very knowledgeable people in there.

What trigger were you using for OCF and how far away was the strobe when you got the misfires? Distance is important, too close and it will misfire.

Caporegime
That was the bargain of BF IMO. Even if you thought the heads were only worth £100 each, getting a carbon tripod for £85 from a major brand was a bargain.

Soldato

Received my 3 flashes and the wireless trigger last week. Had a few tests here and there and very impressed. All work very well and wirelessly trigger reliably.

ETTL wireless flash is something I've wanted on my Yongnuo since getting them...

Soldato
New flash and this thing is a beast for its size, only done a little bit of testing with it so far but already massively impressed. Kicks out almost as much power as my old mains powered lights but the size of a speedlite and zero cables.

Godox_AD200.jpg

Caporegime
Very nice, I have both but have never seen the black 75mm. I've got the Silver one which matched my Black/Silver GX8 but looks odd with my all black G9.

I bought an aftermarket metal hood which was brilliant and a quarter of the price of the Oly one.
I do need to get a hood for it. But man this lens takes a cracking shot. :)

Back
Top Bottom