The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
Interested in what you think of those. Need to replace my Yongnuo soon!

I am a guest at my mate's wedding, so can put it to the test without any pressure but I will shoot it like I normally would. I am interested to see if it cut the mustard as well from focusing without IR to flash recharge, burst rate and how long that battery last etc.

Caporegime
Ad200 rock. I did a photo shoot at the weekend using one (borrowed) and was very, very impressed by it. Worked flawlessly with the godox controller

Last edited:
Associate
What lens you ordered?
One I don't need but I have to try :p

Got another backpack and more sd cards today
2s76ogn.jpg

Associate
Surprised how these are similar in size and weight. My only initial negative would be the lack of focal lock on the 100-400. Hopefully do some tests against the sigma 150-600 this week.

2wedxdy.jpg

Soldato
Busy week and a case of out with the old and in with the new, old Canon gear now gone and replaced with the following Sony setup:-

Sony A7III
Sony 85mm 1.8
Tamron 28-75 2.4
Godox TT350
Godox XPro Kontroller
Stack of SD cards
and a new Lower 250 AW II Fastpack to carry it all in

Now that my wallet has finished taking a bashing I've got a couple of weeks away from work coming up so hoping to be able to put everything through it's paces.

Soldato
Don’t say that. I’ve just got rid of the 1.4 tc as it was too soft for me on the 70-200
I can't speak for the 70-200 as I've never used it but I've not found any discernible image degradation on the 100-400.
The loss of 1 stop seems to be easily compensated by the A7R3 and AF is not obviously affected, at least not by the kind of photography I do.

Caporegime
I can't speak for the 70-200 as I've never used it but I've not found any discernible image degradation on the 100-400.
The loss of 1 stop seems to be easily compensated by the A7R3 and AF is not obviously affected, at least not by the kind of photography I do.

Yep same here. Always amazes me how fast it focuses and how spot on with BIF it is at f8

Associate
Probably the wrong time of year to be buying these but the price was too good to leave them and are on the wanted list.
6 & 10 stop firecrest plus 0.3 / 0.6 / 0.9 hard grad lee filters with lee field pouch

2jezgci.jpg

Back
Top Bottom