What have you done to your car today?

Associate
@badgeruk If it makes you feel any better the motor on my Porsche did the same last month only mine wouldn't bloody close!

Thankfully sorted under warranty like so not too painful.

At least they fixed yours. Got to wait till 13th of Feb for it to go in again :/ Took a video of it now so I can show them when I take it in of what sounds like a bag filled with cats stabbing themselves with nails.

Caporegime
At least they fixed yours. Got to wait till 13th of Feb for it to go in again :/ Took a video of it now so I can show them when I take it in of what sounds like a bag filled with cats stabbing themselves with nails.

Definitely don't miss bmw wait times. They were shockingly bad.
And very descriptive! Love it.

Associate
Definitely don't miss bmw wait times. They were shockingly bad.
And very descriptive! Love it.

First 2/3 years I never had to wait more then 2/3 days. Last couple of years and its been a month or more. Mentioned that to them when I went in on Monday and they basically have a hell of a lot more work on and no real space to do anything about it.

Sticking it under its car cover tomorrow till then. Out of sight out of mind and wallet.

Soldato
Replaced the front disks and pads for the first time in my life so feeling reasonably pleased with myself.

One of the alloys was siezed on hard. Is it acceptable to put some copper grease on the mating surface between the disk and the wheel? Being careful to avoid the threads on the studs obviously.

The other issue that I had was the ford alloy wheel nuts have a cap on them for asthetic reasons. I suspect a garage has used an air wrench to take them off and (even worse) put them on again and it has twisted the caps out of shape. Luckily I had already purchased replacements as the old ones were rusting. So that was handy because I had to mangle a few.

MOT next week.

Yes just put a smear of grease on the mating surface and it'll stop them seizing together.

Common problem with these type of nuts, the nut itself is steel and rust overtime until the top cover (which is only there to make the cheap nut look nice) spins on the rusted nut and then your in trouble as they can be a nightmare to get off, usually need drilling or a smaller socket hammering on. Sounds like you've replaced yours just in time.

Soldato
How...imaginative.

The cars do everything we need them to do my partner just wanted a bit of an update and fell in love with this when she saw it. Looked at other options in the same price point and nothing grips her like the Abarth.

And the colour is "Well good" as she said. I'm not going to argue with a woman who's car buying criteria is ruled by the colour :D

Man of Honour
A cop car pulls up behind me before a roundabout. I then get cut up by a car in front, have to brake and of course beep my horn. The cop car does nothing. You couldn’t make it up :D

Caporegime
A cop car pulls up behind me before a roundabout. I then get cut up by a car in front, have to brake and of course beep my horn. The cop car does nothing. You couldn’t make it up :D

Meanwhile I got overtaken by a cop car and carved up, and I had to slam by (non ABS) brakes on because of him, and it turns out he was just unhappy that I accelerated hard up to the speed limit. (60MPH road from a side turning) - Guy was a total ******* in an unmarked Audi. Turned a non-dangerous situation into a dangerous one.

Soldato
Meanwhile I got overtaken by a cop car and carved up, and I had to slam by (non ABS) brakes on because of him, and it turns out he was just unhappy that I accelerated hard up to the speed limit. (60MPH road from a side turning) - Guy was a total ******* in an unmarked Audi. Turned a non-dangerous situation into a dangerous one.
but you're the child killer here! hand over your license at once you boy racer cheeseburger eating child killer.

Caporegime
but you're the child killer here! hand over your license at once you boy racer cheeseburger eating child killer.

I liked that he said I have a "fatboy exhaust" and this was back when I had a stock exhaust... Wish he could hear it now I've removed the centre silencer and fitted a stainless backbox with two massive tips. :p

Soldato
Cops here have laptops on the center console, the amount of times I've had to beep them at green lights because they are messing with it is silly.

I got rear ended by one who was texting a few months back. No damage as he only touched it very lightly whilst we were queuing at traffic lights, but when he got out he completely denied using his phone and clearly didn't give a ****. Couldn't be bothered arguing with him so I just drove off in the end.

Back
Top Bottom