• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Caporegime
Not true. Many games either support Async compute, or you can just create custom profile.

It is true on a game by game basis. You may be able to do workarounds but they're not guaranteed to work properly. Pretty sure bfv for example doesn't support either sli or crossfire, at least not officially.

Soldato
True but at 144fps is not needed :D

:D

I bet there are plenty of games in your library were crossfire isn't working to a satisfactory level or even not working at all. Multi gpu is all but dead, might get a game here or there where you'll get some scaling but plenty out there were it's a black screen, microstuttery, flickering unsupported mess.

Only thing Mgpu is good for is benching.

Soldato

I bet there are plenty of games in your library were crossfire isn't working to a satisfactory level or even not working at all. Multi gpu is all but dead, might get a game here or there where you'll get some scaling but plenty out there were it's a black screen, microstuttery, flickering unsupported mess.

I haven't installed everything tbh. :) Not enough space

Btw here is a thread about this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8ylz2i/vega_64_crossfire_scaling_testing_in_24_games_5/

Soldato
Soldato
Is Vega 64 crossfire worth it ?
I do have them. All the games I have they work.
Buy a Vega 7. I remove the comment because I will have to spent the next few days providing proof.
I really really hate this topic, crossfire is awesome I have it I love it and I get really really angry when people say it doesn't work or there is no support, and I feel you when you say you spend the next days proving it. I have done this over and over but no matter how much 1 person who has it proves it there is always 10 jokers that have no idea using 10 other jokers opinions to push that its garbage
Yes there are some games that don't work with it but 80% of the games I play do, some of them work amazingly

That's all I'm going to say

Soldato
Best people to ask would be the card manufacturers when it comes to DX12 mGPU.

How many dual cards have you seen from either NVidia or AMD lately, zero.

No point making them if game devs don't support mGPU.

My point proven

Associate
I really really hate this topic, crossfire is awesome I have it I love it and I get really really angry when people say it doesn't work or there is no support, and I feel you when you say you spend the next days proving it. I have done this over and over but no matter how much 1 person who has it proves it there is always 10 jokers that have no idea using 10 other jokers opinions to push that its garbage
Yes there are some games that don't work with it but 80% of the games I play do, some of them work amazingly

That's all I'm going to say

i have my reference 64 up for sale, reckon its worth keeping and x-firing? i only have a b350 board, is it worth it?

Soldato
i have my reference 64 up for sale, reckon its worth keeping and x-firing? i only have a b350 board, is it worth it?
The last crossfire setup I had were 2 R9-290x's. Some games worked great but most didn't. That doesn't necessarily mean crossfire didn't work, but it produced issues that made me turn it off anyway.

I've not bothered since so can't comment on newer titles.

Back
Top Bottom