FIFA 19

Soldato
And all I was doing was clearing out all of my Japanese bronzes for the league SBCs! Won't use him, but it's 530k in the bank.

Suffice to say, this is MY FIFA when it comes to packs this year, from no Icons/TOTYs ever to 5 in a fortnight...

Don
OP
I watch some guy who live streams on YouTube, called Birdie94 or something, he has Courtois, Ramos, Varane, Kante, Pogba, IF Mahrez, Neymar, Ronaldo...never put any money into the game, just plays a lot of rivals and WL. An example you don't need to put money into the game to get a good team.

I've put £12.99 into it and have similar players although I don't dedicate enough time to WL to really reap benefits of coins each week.

Soldato
Not really thrilled about these patch notes - killed off the timed finesse meta with no changes to AI defending. I sense a lot less goals, awesome.

Caporegime
I watch some guy who live streams on YouTube, called Birdie94 or something, he has Courtois, Ramos, Varane, Kante, Pogba, IF Mahrez, Neymar, Ronaldo...never put any money into the game, just plays a lot of rivals and WL. An example you don't need to put money into the game to get a good team.

I've put £12.99 into it and have similar players although I don't dedicate enough time to WL to really reap benefits of coins each week.

everyone knows this already. if you have 50 hours of spare time a week then yes you can get a lot of coins easy.

try doing it with 1 hour a day and see how far you get.

Not really thrilled about these patch notes - killed off the timed finesse meta with no changes to AI defending. I sense a lot less goals, awesome.

it won't be a lot less goals unless all you can do is timed finesse. but that should never have been a thing anyway. there are plenty of ways to score just not as easy in terms of pass and play a little timing mini game. also timed finesse still works all they have done is made it slightly harder to do and also prevented an error which made wrongly timed shots have perfect accuracy.

i don't see why people are complaining that they have fixed bugs.

Soldato
What they say and what they do is two completely different things. Every patch yet has done nothing on what the notes said. For example they provided some schematics and explanations on how first time finesse was nerfed and how they would go in the air. That's bs because there still as op as ever.

Caporegime
So you moan about pay to win and then moan about not having enough time, what do you actually want to happen? Ea give you the best players for doing nothing?

the gap has widened a lot between cheap and expensive players. ea should make the game fairer but that would mean they make less money so they never will.

like the thread i linked to. i beat people on here who were using TOTY players, ronaldo, TOTS players using a squad which cost me 25K because I had sold my teams and coins for £150 on ebay (1.5 millions coins because i packed messi that year in a free pack). but my 25K team was still quite good. not as good as my 500K teams and i had a million in the bank doing nothing but it was still competitive. i didn't just beat them either i absolutely smashed them. i had like 90 goals scored and 6 goals conceded in the league.

there is no way to compete now without spending money or having fifa as a a full time job. this is what not just me but a lot of people don't like.

it will never go back to the way it was because of money. i know and fully understand that. it's a shame as they ruined a game which a lot of people used to enjoy now it's only for kids basically or adults willing to spend their whole social life and wage packet on it.

Caporegime
So turns out El Tornado cross goals are actually undefendable. Been scoring these all day!

https://youtu.be/S0B7R75B9vg

Yep, posted a video about it a few days back. I know things get missed but it hasn't been fixed in this latest patch so you'll see it more and more often now as a way to score, particularly if timed finesse really has been nerfed. The upcoming pro tournament will be funny.

Soldato
it won't be a lot less goals unless all you can do is timed finesse. but that should never have been a thing anyway. there are plenty of ways to score just not as easy in terms of pass and play a little timing mini game. also timed finesse still works all they have done is made it slightly harder to do and also prevented an error which made wrongly timed shots have perfect accuracy.

i don't see why people are complaining that they have fixed bugs.

Because they've fixed an overpowered shooting mechanic (good) without fixing overpowered defending mechanics (bad) - I'll just go full drop back and crowd you out if I don't need to fear the finesse anymore, I'll score less but I'll concede less too.

Finesse has become the meta because of how effective it was, and how good AI defending is, you've fixed one without addressing the other which just creates a further imbalance.

I guess I'll be learning the El Tornado cross this week.

Don
OP
the gap has widened a lot between cheap and expensive players. ea should make the game fairer but that would mean they make less money so they never will.

like the thread i linked to. i beat people on here who were using TOTY players, ronaldo, TOTS players using a squad which cost me 25K because I had sold my teams and coins for £150 on ebay (1.5 millions coins because i packed messi that year in a free pack). but my 25K team was still quite good. not as good as my 500K teams and i had a million in the bank doing nothing but it was still competitive. i didn't just beat them either i absolutely smashed them. i had like 90 goals scored and 6 goals conceded in the league.

there is no way to compete now without spending money or having fifa as a a full time job. this is what not just me but a lot of people don't like.

it will never go back to the way it was because of money. i know and fully understand that. it's a shame as they ruined a game which a lot of people used to enjoy now it's only for kids basically or adults willing to spend their whole social life and wage packet on it.

I don't agree, I have beaten loads of super star teams, you think people who can achieve 25 wins on the WL couldn't beat a normal player with a super start team with a load of NIF players? A good player doesn't stop just because they're limited on players, this FIFA the skill gap has reduced loads considering finesse shots are just as good on NIF players as they are superstar ones.

Caporegime
I don't agree, I have beaten loads of super star teams, you think people who can achieve 25 wins on the WL couldn't beat a normal player with a super start team with a load of NIF players? A good player doesn't stop just because they're limited on players, this FIFA the skill gap has reduced loads considering finesse shots are just as good on NIF players as they are superstar ones.

the fact i beat normal players with super star teams would say i agree. however come up against a decent player abusing mechanics using super star teams there is nothing you can do if you too are a decent player but don't have the coins to compete.

the better players do stuff for you automatically and do stuff better more consistently. why is everyone using Ibra now? because his card is OP and cheap for what it is. however i'd like to see someone with a team worth 25K beat a team worth 2 million against a half decent player. i've done it in the past. i don't think i could do it in this fifa.

Don
OP
the fact i beat normal players with super star teams would say i agree. however come up against a decent player abusing mechanics using super star teams there is nothing you can do if you too are a decent player but don't have the coins to compete.

the better players do stuff for you automatically and do stuff better more consistently. why is everyone using Ibra now? because his card is OP and cheap for what it is. however i'd like to see someone with a team worth 25K beat a team worth 2 million against a half decent player. i've done it in the past. i don't think i could do it in this fifa.

Play TimBrad, you can.

Caporegime
Nobody needs to be using a 25k team though, within a few weeks you can have some of the best gold cards in your squad and within a few months a full team. Many just fall foul to taking pack rewards, sinking their coins into packs during promos or doing SBC's for players they can't start in a team on full chem.

There aren't many cards that feel impossible to play against, and it's even less likely to come up against someone who has a full team of them. Only R9/Eusebio/Gullit/Vieira and some of those new TOTY cards cause me trouble. The advantage is clear, especially how they play when they aren't being controlled but there's an awful lot of people using those cards who just aren't that good at the game, they still use the same playstyle they've always used and it does them no favours.

@Andybtsn I'd disagree about timed finesse being just as effective with normal gold cards, players like Eusebio bury way more of them and from silly distances and he doesn't even have the trait.

Don
OP
@Andybtsn I'd disagree about timed finesse being just as effective with normal gold cards, players like Eusebio bury way more of them and from silly distances and he doesn't even have the trait.

Of course, but the difference isn't as big as it's being suggested. I name dropped it before but I came across one of the Hashtag idiots and 82 Rodrigo had an unreal amount of finesse shots going in.

Soldato
The advantage is clear, especially how they play when they aren't being controlled but there's an awful lot of people using those cards who just aren't that good at the game, they still use the same playstyle they've always used and it does them no favours.

Heeeeeeey :(

Back
Top Bottom