Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Associate
Soldato
What's the deal with Freesync 2 and HDR with an Nvidia GPU exactly? Does that work properly or isn't there something there that isn't compatible?

Associate
I have the original the CHG90 with freesync 2 but only 1080 vertical res, it works great with Nvidia's g-sync with only minor flashing in certain menu screens. Im getting the crg9 as soon as it comes out! Where did you hear of the release date and price?

Soldato
I have the original the CHG90 with freesync 2 but only 1080 vertical res, it works great with Nvidia's g-sync with only minor flashing in certain menu screens. Im getting the crg9 as soon as it comes out! Where did you hear of the release date and price?

I don't believe an official date has been announced, but it is on a fairly well known Swedish site with an Aprill 22nd release date.

I was speaking to the HDR functionality with Freesync running on an Nvidia GPU. I know Freesync itself should work, but I'm sure I read somewhere that it won't enable HDR at the same time. Or something like that. I may be wrong, but someone can clarify I'm sure.

Caporegime

I had one briefly but really found it a bit overwhelming. Decided on 1440p 21:9 instead and just pulled it a couple of inches closer to me, same effect :D

These should be *very* good though :cool:

Soldato
Hmm seems like it would give a better HDR experience than the 436m6 from Philips. Its all down to how many zones on the backlight for me. Less than 300 and I just can't buy it.

There is no mention of FALD (which would be stated if it had), so surely will be less than that.

Associate
yeah its def an edge lit panel, so is the new one, if it had fald you know they would have made mention of it, edge lit only uses"psuedo" zones in which they use guide plates to direct the lighting inward from the edges. I wish it was fald but than it would be way more than 1500 bucks for the crg9 or the 899 i paid for my chg90. I have a 78 inch ks9800, a 65 inch ks8000 and the 49 inch chg90 and the only fald one is the ks9800. That being said , the other two give great blacks for edge lit models, fantastic imo.

Associate
OP
So far we only heard about Samsung who is gonna release this kind of monitor so I believe that other brands like Philips, Asus, Dell and LG will release their own 120hz semi-5k monitor too but maybe cheaper.

Beside some EU website that allow to pre-order this monitor then there is 1 USA site who let you pre-order it too for 1500$. So I think the price is real but the release date is not 100% sure yet. So hopefully Overclockers will know the real release date :)

I'm not allow to share you the link to pre-order this monitor but if you Google it then search for "LC49RG90SSUXEN" and it should show up.

Associate
Philips just released there 49" 32:9 model today. They released it ,meaning you can buy it today, not another soft announcement which may take years to come to fruition. Only problem is , its only 60hz I believe and no HDR, it does have the 5120x1440 resolution though, what a waste , unless your just working on it. Its only 899 btw

Soldato
Philips just released there 49" 32:9 model today. They released it ,meaning you can buy it today, not another soft announcement which may take years to come to fruition. Only problem is , its only 60hz I believe and no HDR, it does have the 5120x1440 resolution though, what a waste , unless your just working on it. Its only 899 btw

LG have a very similar one, 60Hz only and no HDR. Samsung are obviously going for something more gamer-centric, although how functional the HDR-1000 panel will be without FALD I don't know. I eagerly await reviews.

Associate
OP
LG have a very similar one, 60Hz only and no HDR. Samsung are obviously going for something more gamer-centric, although how functional the HDR-1000 panel will be without FALD I don't know. I eagerly await reviews.
the dell one is also release today in Denmark too and have the same price as Samsung but only 60hz and no HDR I think.

Soldato
to meet the vesa standard for hdr1000 you need to have at the very least 32 zones like the Philips but the effectiveness of this is currently having me going through RMA to try to get a more uniform backlight.

Soldato
Come on Samsung, get a sample out to Baddass or PCM... this is one of those monitors that really could go either way... epic or a complete flop.

Back
Top Bottom