Bioware's Anthem

Soldato
What is it with EA and burning through studios chasing max profits with no care for longevity. Imagine if Bioware was given the creative freedom to create DA:O quality over and over for years to come, much better profits in the longterm, but no just chew through studios wanting maximum short term. smh

Part of me is glad, eventually they will burn through every studio and IP they own, retreat to mobile and crappy sports game renumbering.

Soldato
Imagine if Bioware was given the creative freedom to create DA:O quality over and over for years to come, much better profits in the longterm, but no just chew through studios wanting maximum short term. smh

Or take the Battlefront engine and let Bioware use it to make a new KOTOR game (and don't interfere with it to the point of ruining it!!!)

Soldato
Or take the Battlefront engine and let Bioware use it to make a new KOTOR game (and don't interfere with it to the point of ruining it!!!)
EA don't have the heart. Besides a new KOTOR now would just destroy the series legacy when you're opening lootboxes for skills and powers.

Soldato
What is it with EA and burning through studios chasing max profits with no care for longevity. Imagine if Bioware was given the creative freedom to create DA:O quality over and over for years to come, much better profits in the longterm, but no just chew through studios wanting maximum short term. smh

Part of me is glad, eventually they will burn through every studio and IP they own, retreat to mobile and crappy sports game renumbering.
I'm not sure the 'Bioware' of today is composed of the same people as the one of yesteryear.

Caporegime

EA just seem to buy studios and for the most part they want their investment back asap and to hell with anything long term, only a few exceptions like Battlefield.

Associate
This is crazy. Friday night i was seriously angry about Anthem. The UI was driving me insane.

I wasn't going to bother playing it over the rest of the weekend but i decided to give it another to..

Im kind of hooked. What i love about it is how each Javelin feels different and brings new things to the table. Also the mods can totally change how you play each javelin.

I really hope EA give Bioware time to fix the issues and give this game some polish.

There is a good game in here somewhere.

Associate
Watched a few streams over the weekend, game looks promising but the technical issues and some game features (eg no chat, no FOV sliders) need a lot of polishing.

Associate
Watched a few streams over the weekend, game looks promising but the technical issues and some game features (eg no chat, no FOV sliders) need a lot of polishing.

Apparently the FOV slidder should have been in the demo but they forgot to put it in.

With regards to no text chat. There is an interesting theory going on on the Anthem forums about it being down to FCC legislation regarding accessability for blind/visually impaired people. It came into affect at the start of 2019. Apparently it will mean most games coming out from now on won't have text chat in them until they can get a text to speech program running in the game.

I was thinking about doing a thread on it, its the first ive heard of it but ive read the FCC legislation on it. It's a strange one.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/as...a-for-accessibility-or-else-face-fines.91004/

Soldato
Apparently the FOV slidder should have been in the demo but they forgot to put it in.

With regards to no text chat. There is an interesting theory going on on the Anthem forums about it being down to FCC legislation regarding accessability for blind/visually impaired people. It came into affect at the start of 2019. Apparently it will mean most games coming out from now on won't have text chat in them until they can get a text to speech program running in the game.

I was thinking about doing a thread on it, its the first ive heard of it but ive read the FCC legislation on it. It's a strange one.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/as...a-for-accessibility-or-else-face-fines.91004/

Thats just plain stupid. How can you play an fps with no vision

Associate
Thats just plain stupid. How can you play an fps with no vision

Yeah its nuts. I'm still reading about it, im not sure if im missing something or not.

I was talking to someone on the Anthem forums that is deaf, they also have a bad speech impediment but they love to game. Only problem is they don't like using VOIP because some make fun of them and they find it hard to communicate. They totally rely on text chat to communicate whilst gaming.

So if this legislation is to assist blind/visually impaired people its totally screwing over gamers that have speech impediments,deaf and/or mute.

I guess once devs introduce programs that can translate text chat into speech it will all balance out but wow what an bottom about face way of doing it.

Also explains why pretty much every AAA game that has been coming out over the last year has had colour blindness support.

Sorry went a bit off topic there.

Back
Top Bottom