Your current Fish tank Setups!

Associate
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dennerle...5:g:lJoAAOSwihpay30J:rk:4:pf:1&frcectupt=true 3 on ebay but ship from germany !?
or from france https://www.aquascape-boutique.fr/e...e/?ObjectPath=/Shops/233807/Products/AQXX-053

Pro shrimp (afaik) are the only place in the UK that stock the 35l by itself (ive spent hours looking on google for another one for myself :D)

NDaquatics would be my 2nd choice if u cant source one but prob will cost more (e.g been quoted £110 for a rimless 50cm cube in 10mm float glass , + 22£ a side for optiwhite)

Thanks for the links. I've also spent an age trying to hunt the solo 35L down but couldn't find any UK stock.

How do you find your current 35? I just liked the looks and sizing was ideal for me.

I've seen a few places like NDaquatics but as you've found out the costs quickly start to escalate.

I've just come across the ADA 45-P tank which is 45x27x30 which is similar dimensions to the Dennerle and is 34L so could be an option if can't source the Dennerle from anywhere but it's also hard to obtain from a few sites and it costs around hundred pounds or so.

Soldato
I got mine from aquarium gardens but it’s collection only which is why you are struggling to find them. No courier will insure them for delivery outside of putting it on a pallet.

They also had them in scaped nature in Norwich this weekend.

If the shop stocks denerle they should be able to get them but it will be a special order.

Associate
I'm sadly no where near aquarium gardens or scaped nature otherwise wouldn't have minded getting my entire kit from those guys.

It seems I have to either get the kit with the filter and led light from Pro Shrimp and roll with it or hunt for another tank like the ADA 45-P or clones.

A simple search over Christmas to get a bog standard set-up has escalated into wanting this that and the other!

Associate
I emailed Pro shrimp earlier about the 35l tanks
Hello,

Dennerle themselves are currently out of stock of these tanks. As soon as they are available again, we will get them back in. I sadly do not know when this will be the case though. The next Dennerle delivery to us is due in the first week of February, but we won’t know if they are available until the day of delivery I am afraid.

Best regards

Sebastian Beneke
Pro Shrimp Ltd.
T: 0800 3579 844 or +44 (0)1623 249 844
E-Mail: [email protected]
http://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk
:(

Associate
I emailed Pro shrimp earlier about the 35l tanks

:(

Thanks for asking. That's a real shame. Had been looking forward to setting it up and getting the water cycled etc.

The ADA is nearly double the price. Could be an option but lights for that set-up seem dear.

All I wanted was a simple good looking tank for a low tech set-up. Nothing overly complicated to bring interest to the kitchen.

Soldato
... A simple search over Christmas to get a bog standard set-up has escalated into wanting this that and the other!

Tell me about it mate, I sourced a tank for my lads 10th birthday at the start of the month and am now very interested in getting a much bigger tank for myself. Though I'm hoping to get something decent second hand locally to help keep costs down, won't be getting anything like the fluval edge again though.

Soldato
Thanks for asking. That's a real shame. Had been looking forward to setting it up and getting the water cycled etc.

The ADA is nearly double the price. Could be an option but lights for that set-up seem dear.

All I wanted was a simple good looking tank for a low tech set-up. Nothing overly complicated to bring interest to the kitchen.

So buy the one i linked from amazon....

Soldato
I wanted just the tank. The Amazon one is the bundle pack from Pro Shrimp (cheaper on their website). I may eventually have to go down this route and just crack on with the project.

If you want it so bad to post here moaning about it saying you willl have to buy something else buy the one i showed you and use the bits you want.

Associate
Tell me about it mate, I sourced a tank for my lads 10th birthday at the start of the month and am now very interested in getting a much bigger tank for myself. Though I'm hoping to get something decent second hand locally to help keep costs down, won't be getting anything like the fluval edge again though.

Glad to hear I'm not alone! My initial research was the Edge, Chi and Spec but soon realised better to get a tank and sort out things individually for a better long term set-up.

Associate
Any recommended anti internal parasite meds? Looking at praziquantel based shrimp friendly meds. Mainly a precaution as all my fish seem healthy but I did have a death which might have been parasite related.

The fish was ganged up on and stressed but did have some stringy white poo at one point. Might have been ganged up on due to his poor deteriating health from a parasite and would rather be safe.

Soldato
The light unit on my Rio 400 is fairly knackered, the tray that the lids sit in has almost completely snapped off now, have been saying to the missus for a while that it is going to need replacing sometime soon, but still pondering exactly what to replace it with.

Any thoughts on Juwel's latest LED light unit ?
Helialux Spectrum.

Looks like a really good unit, but its ~£400 with the controller as well. (at least for my Rio 400 it will be)

Worth it or not ?

Soldato
I have a Rio, if the hood itself is done then you have no real options other than a replacement hood from jewel.

Fitting anything else on is difficult without it looking odd. You could go without the hood which opens up your 3rd party options.

I retrofitted 2x fluval aquasky LEDs into my hood but they clip into the existing T5/8 fittings, that isn’t an option though of the hood itself is broken. They look seamless and way more powerful than the stock lights and come with the relevant fittings for T5/8 lamp holders. You just need to check you get ones that fit the gap between the two lamp holders and not the length of the tank.

Associate
i looked at those fluval aquasky LEDs a few years ago they were far too expensive but they have scrapped the additional wifi controller £71 for the size i need, my current led light is basic Amazon one the plants and decor look a bit bland under it only has white light no reds or greens tempted now at that price.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the old Aquasky with the remote control, I do have them linked to the basic Fluval sunrise and sunset controller (gimmick and no wireless but it was only about £30). They grow most plants but I would expect 50W of LED on a 180L to do so, they would still be considered 'medium light'.

As you say that's redundant now they run off Bluetooth and a phone app. They review well for the money.

[rant]
Personally I am not a fan off 'appifying' everything, especially something that should last for many years. There isn't really any guarantee's that these apps will be maintained long term, OS change, API's change etc. This is by no means directed at that particular products but it seems to be the way things are going and fits well within the realm of 'planned obsolescence'.
[/rant]

Soldato
I have a Rio, if the hood itself is done then you have no real options other than a replacement hood from jewel.

I could go for the multilux which is a basic light unit with LED tubes, this would be around £130.

My question was really with relation to the Heliaux Spectrum is it worth the money or not ?
Can't make my mind up, I think I would likely keep it when I eventually get around to replacing the tank with a custom built one.
But that will be a few years away because I will need to move house first.

Back
Top Bottom