DJI Osmo Pocket

Soldato

Here's a very short video from the Pocket. It was too cold to stay out :o

As above I'm still learning with it, and the only issue I have is the focus 'pumping'. Hopefully DJI will fix it in a firmware.

Soldato
New app & firmware available :)

v01.04.00.20

1. Added pro setting when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
2. Added option to switch between AFC and AFS when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
3. Added Cine-Like color mode to video mode.
4. Fixed issue: after powering off, the gimbal attitude of some devices was in an abnormal position to fit into the cover.
5. Optimized face detection.
6. Reduced focus pulsing in some situations, such as when shooting the sky or at night.
7. Increased autofocus speed when moving Osmo Pocket quickly.

Last edited:
Associate
New app & firmware available :)

v01.04.00.20

1. Added pro setting when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
2. Added option to switch between AFC and AFS when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
3. Added Cine-Like color mode to video mode.
4. Fixed issue: after powering off, the gimbal attitude of some devices was in an abnormal position to fit into the cover.
5. Optimized face detection.
6. Reduced focus pulsing in some situations, such as when shooting the sky or at night.
7. Increased autofocus speed when moving Osmo Pocket quickly.

Great to see DJI continuously improving the device. Hoping to see some real world examples of the latest fixes to see if there are still any more major annoyances.

Soldato
The latest update has improved the Pocket. Because of the weather I havent used mine much lately, but Ive been impressed with the pics & video from it.

Soldato
On their site, in the FAQ there's a question about using an external mic. The reply is, "Yes, you can achieve this with the DJI Osmo Pocket 3.5mm Adapter." Is this something that comes with it, or you have to buy additionally?

Caporegime
Grrrr I wish they would release the kit which includes the mount, wheel and wireless module. Been waiting since I ordered my pocket osmo back in dec.

Thought it would be with me by the end of Jan at the very least but looks like I may not have it till end of feb :/.

Ok another note I’ve had to send mine back due to the gimbal motor going faulty. Turned it on one day as I wanted to take some motion lapse videos and it make this funny whirring sound then stopped with the camera at weird angle.

Should have my replacement this coming week as they have exchanged it for a new one.

Soldato
There's a new firmware update for this.

1. Increased the focus speed and reduced focus pulsing
2. Added Hyperlapse shooting mode, note that currently Hyperlapse is only available when using Osmo Pocket not Mimo App
3. Added volume adjustment for external Mic

Caporegime
There's a new firmware update for this.
awesome will have to get round to updating mine soon.

Finally got my pocket expansion kit with the wireless module and control wheel. Now it feels and acts much better, with more control when planning and tilting etc. Also I can now connect the osmo to the phone without connecting to the phone physically with the wireless module.

Back
Top Bottom